Okay... so here's one we never expected.  Searched around for a tow vehicle and decided that a large SUV would be the best fit for us (leaning towards the Armada or Infiniti QX56).  We've test driven a few and one dealership had my husband take one overnight which turned out to be a good thing because.... we cannot fit it into our garage!  Our home was built around '64 and (apparently) the height of the header was not designed to fit today's super large SUV's.  It is 6'5" and the SUV's are around 6'7".   Seriously?!  

Hadn't planned on that one....  :mellow:

I squeeze our 2500 crew cab in the garage, when we get tires, not going to happen.  My neighbor was renting the house across the street and was one of those little guys who worked out all the time, cold barely get his arms to his sides.  He went out and bought a big ol jacked up Tundra and tried all afternoon to measure the garage so he could get it in.  Hilarious!   Great entertainment at watching him and his little man temper get all riled up.

I squeeze our 2500 crew cab in the garage, when we get tires, not going to happen.  My neighbor was renting the house across the street and was one of those little guys who worked out all the time, cold barely get his arms to his sides.  He went out and bought a big ol jacked up Tundra and tried all afternoon to measure the garage so he could get it in.  Hilarious!   Great entertainment at watching him and his little man temper get all riled up.

Oh gosh... that would have been one to watch :)

Interesting that many people have the same issue... maybe that's why I see so many pick up trucks, parked in the driveway.  Funny, we never thought about that.

My next door neighbor came home with a new Hummer he bought.only to find out it wouldn't fit in the garage.  Bugged him so much he went back to the dealership and an hour later he was back with a Corvette.  Talk about not knowing what kind of vehicle you want. 

My next door neighbor came home with a new Hummer he bought.only to find out it wouldn't fit in the garage.  Bugged him so much he went back to the dealership and an hour later he was back with a Corvette.  Talk about not knowing what kind of vehicle you want. 

Oh gosh... that's too funny.

Ours go in our garage every day :)

Jealous!!   I just measured our garage... 6' 5"... website says Armada is 6'5.2".     .2 inches... really?   :mellow:

Our garage is full of junk, but if we know a bad storm is coming we can move the junk to the side enough to get at least the van and car in there.  The truck would never fit because for some unknown reason when the builders were building the house they made the garage a foot shorter than what is was suppose to be.  We of course did not discover this until after the house was finished.  

When it gets to be winter, my husband insists that we rearrange the garage so that our 2 vehicles can fit.  Now, that would be a Hyundai and a Honda Ridgeline.  It's a tight fit. lol we can barely open the doors to get in/out.  Can't wait for the weather to get nice, then we can leave at least one of them outside, so much easier to park.

Our issue is bikes.  We only have 10 bikes, a tandem and 2 unicycles.    People always make some kind of comment if they see into our garage.

This house (we moved in about 4 years ago) is the first time we have ever been able to put two cars (a suburban and a Nissan) in the garage.  After this winter, I don't ever want to go through another winter without the car in the garage, even if I have to build another shed for the man stuff! 

Mornings without scraping the windows...priceless!