Captain Cook's Closing until Summer

Not a problem.

It's been a while since I've attempted a Dole Whip tower.

I will do my best to build a good one.  I hope it won't be my last.

TCD

Yea but can you make one large enough and take some home with you, now there is a new challenge!!!

Last September there was a girl who made the largest dole whip I had ever seen, either in person or pictures. It was epic. I regret I did not get a photo of it.

Yea but can you make one large enough and take some home with you, now there is a new challenge!!!

See, this is not something that would work for me.

Assuming I had the willpower to not eat it all while I was there, there is no way that I'd be able to keep it in a freezer and only eat one spoonful at a time.  Same reason we can't have pints of Ben and Jerry's around the house.

Here we go:

DoleWhip_zps72e8491f.jpg

Impressive.

But, this is why I wouldn't be surprised if they remove the machine, or at least put it behind a counter and have a CM dispense it.

Even at the inflated price they charge, they aren't making money on this machine if guests take portions like that.

TCD

Very true.  To be honest, she was told by the cashier to be sure to fill it as high as possible, so she did.  She was even told that was impressive.  We split it, so it worked out well, but I can sure see the reasoning between moving it, and also tell the cast members to not tell people to overfill.  Of course, we came in for the Dole Whip but ended up buying more food (perhaps out of guilt) :) , so maybe they make up for it as well.

Very true.  To be honest, she was told by the cashier to be sure to fill it as high as possible, so she did.  She was even told that was impressive.  We split it, so it worked out well, but I can sure see the reasoning between moving it, and also tell the cast members to not tell people to overfill.  Of course, we came in for the Dole Whip but ended up buying more food (perhaps out of guilt) :) , so maybe they make up for it as well.

Hey, what do they expect?  They rip off guests all day long everywhere else, and here's a chance to get over on the Mouse.

When we've been there, we got as much as we could too. 

The beancounters have to hate this.  I'll bet it's gone when Captain Cook reopens.

TCD

Hey, what do they expect?  They rip off guests all day long everywhere else, and here's a chance to get over on the Mouse.

When we've been there, we got as much as we could too. 

The beancounters have to hate this.  I'll bet it's gone when Captain Cook reopens.

TCD

It sure was enjoyable thinking you were getting a deal for a change. :)

Assuming I had the willpower to not eat it all while I was there, there is no way that I'd be able to keep it in a freezer and only eat one spoonful at a time. Same reason we can't have pints of Ben and Jerry's around

TCD

Brian eats his Ben and Jerry's in a single serving. It makes me ill watching him eat phish food.