Have stayed in 2000 loop several times and had no problems there. It is a partial hook up loop and therefore has more younger families who cannot afford large RV and stay in popup and tents. More children are around because they are outside and not in doors watching video games or television. It is a large loop so more people will cause more noise, but I would stay there again. The distance of the location is not a problem.

Like others have said, 2000 is a bit isolated, and they do tend to put large groups back there.

Other than the large groups, I LIKE 2000 loop when tent camping because of the large sand areas. Also each site has a bit of an extra area where the grill and picnic table is located that keeps those items out of your "square" area to set up stuff.

Yes, if you are in the 2030 - 2050 range of site numbers, then it is a quick cut through over to the group camping area, then a quick walk over the bridge to Loop 900, then straight across to the Meadows area.

Also, unless they are combining Purple and Orange bus routes, it is a quick ride to the Settlement cause they take a back road, and don't make any other stops. Unfortunately, going to the Outpost is annoying because they make a run through the cabins.

I agree with all that has been said.

The "distance" is a non issue.  If you use the bridge to the 900 loop, the 2000 loop is closer to the Meadow Trading Post and pool/campfire than the 1700-1900 loops.

The orange bus also travels through the cabin loops.  Only the yellow route avoids the cabins. Since the purple bus is a straight shot to the Settlement from the 2000 loop, it's actually quicker than the Orange or Yellow buses going that way.

There are not always groups on the 2000 loop. And not all groups are obnoxious.  But 2000 seems to attract the obnoxious groups more than other loops.

TCD

The 900 cut thru is great and it makes it a quick trip to the meadow.

We stayed once in the 2000 loop and had a bad experience due to unwatched kids hanging out at restrooms till after midnight screaming and carrying on.

The would try to run into you with their bikes and skateboards (which aren't supposedly allowed). They just dropped their stuff in the sidewalks.

But we still had a good time.

We have stayed in the 2000 loop a couple of times and enjoyed it because it felt more like camping because the sites are bigger and have decent foliage.  We did not encounter any large groups causing problems.  We even met the TeePee crowd at Thanksgiving and they were very nice and showed us around their camp and Tee Pees.  The cut thru to the 900 loop isn't bad at all.

The 1500 is more like the theme park camping experience, louder more compact and easier access to the pool.  My wife and wanted the 2000 loop on our next trip our two boys want back in the 1500 if that tells you anything.

Have stayed in 2000 loop several times and had no problems there. It is a partial hook up loop and therefore has more younger families who cannot afford large RV and stay in popup and tents. More children are around because they are outside and not in doors watching video games or television. It is a large loop so more people will cause more noise, but I would stay there again. The distance of the location is not a problem.

Agree. Have stayed in the 2000 loop 4 times and never in any other loop and have not had a bad experience. But we also don't spend much time in the campsite since we are at parks, going other places around the Fort, etc. Definitely worth the lower cost to us. In terms of comparing just the two tent/pop up loops, there would be no difference in cost. But I've been told it's a lot harder to get 1500 because there are fewer sites and it's requested more.

• 2 weeks later...

Like others have said, 2000 is a bit isolated, and they do tend to put large groups back there.

Other than the large groups, I LIKE 2000 loop when tent camping because of the large sand areas. Also each site has a bit of an extra area where the grill and picnic table is located that keeps those items out of your "square" area to set up stuff.

Yes, if you are in the 2030 - 2050 range of site numbers, then it is a quick cut through over to the group camping area, then a quick walk over the bridge to Loop 900, then straight across to the Meadows area.

Also, unless they are combining Purple and Orange bus routes, it is a quick ride to the Settlement cause they take a back road, and don't make any other stops. Unfortunately, going to the Outpost is annoying because they make a run through the cabins.

I'll chime in here since we stayed in both 1500 and 2000 on our last trip in November. We preferred 1500 due to it being more convenient to the Meadow rec area, and there's only three bus stops to the boat launch from there. The 2000 loop on the other hand, seemed like it was miles from everything and we were on bike when we weren't driving. We probably should have cut through the 900 loop but didn't know any better at the time. The bus is a pain from there now... I know it used to go all the way around past the group camping area to the back, however they would stop at 2000, pick up passengers from the group camp area, stop at 2000 again, loop through the cabins, and then every stop on the main road toward the back. Way longer on the bus now. I don't know if anything has changed WRT cutting through the back with the bus like it did on previous trips, but that trip they definitely didn't.

We actually asked the guy at the front desk if it was okay to ride our bikes/walk through the road past the group camping area since it says it's off limits to non-disney vehicles. He said "I wouldn't. That area is a nature preserve, and there's been bear and florida panther sightings back there. I keep waiting for the day when I hear of a camper trying to outrun either on that road." He could have been selling a line of you-know-what, but on the trip previous to that (in Sept of last year) they had posted on the bath house doors that a bear was sighted in the campground.

I'll chime in here since we stayed in both 1500 and 2000 on our last trip in November. We preferred 1500 due to it being more convenient to the Meadow rec area, and there's only three bus stops to the boat launch from there. The 2000 loop on the other hand, seemed like it was miles from everything and we were on bike when we weren't driving. We probably should have cut through the 900 loop but didn't know any better at the time. The bus is a pain from there now... I know it used to go all the way around past the group camping area to the back, however they would stop at 2000, pick up passengers from the group camp area, stop at 2000 again, loop through the cabins, and then every stop on the main road toward the back. Way longer on the bus now. I don't know if anything has changed WRT cutting through the back with the bus like it did on previous trips, but that trip they definitely didn't.

We actually asked the guy at the front desk if it was okay to ride our bikes/walk through the road past the group camping area since it says it's off limits to non-disney vehicles. He said "I wouldn't. That area is a nature preserve, and there's been bear and florida panther sightings back there. I keep waiting for the day when I hear of a camper trying to outrun either on that road." He could have been selling a line of you-know-what, but on the trip previous to that (in Sept of last year) they had posted on the bath house doors that a bear was sighted in the campground.

Hmm... maybe we caught the Orange bus instead of the purple from 2000 and that was the difference. We'll have to remember about using the footbridge. We did that once and weren't really sure the distance.

I don't know what happened with the bus that you caught, but that is definitely not a normal bus route.

The Orange route does not stop at the 2000 loop.

The Purple route stops at 2000, and the group camping area, and then takes a straight shot to the Settlement.  Going the other way, it will pick up at 2000, and travel through the cabin loops on the way to the Outpost.  A quicker ride and less stops than the Orange route.

The 2000 loop is not miles away from anything.  It is closer to the Meadow Recreation Area than many other camping loops.

TCD

Doesn't that make Brown?   8)

Warm Brown actually.....red, yellow and blue in equal parts make brown....in unequal parts make anything from Elvis black, to Lucy red to Marilyn blonde.

Purple Orange

/ \ / \

Red Blue Red Yellow

So that gives you 2 red and one each yellow and blue.....so warm brown.

So there is your lesson in haircolor.

I spent many years trying to teach that concept to hairdressers. You'd be shocked at the amount that don't get it.

I have never stayed in 2000.....from the packs of Cub Scouts that were there last week, I doubt I ever will.

That is all.