Allears.net is sharing this information. 

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/2014/02/special_family_ticket_offer_1.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Disney announced today a new Magic Your Way Ticket Deal - designed for families!

Beginning February 25, 2014, parties of six or more who purchase a minimum 4-day Magic Your Way ticket will get a 5th day for FREE. This offer is good now through June 14, 2014.

Eligibility - Valid with party of 6 or more Guests.
Purchase Through - June 14, 2014
Ticket Requirements - Tickets are valid for one theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use.
Offer Restrictions - All tickets and options are non-transferable and non-refundable, are only valid during regularly scheduled operating hours and exclude activities/events priced separately.
No additional discounts apply.

Havent seen this anywhere else yet but thought I would share. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't drink alone.  My children watch me to make sure i don't fall over.

That is the same Logic my wife uses after a day at the mall. "Look at all the money I saved!"

and we do appreciate it Jason!!  However, as most of us know, there is "usually" a better deal out there somewhere, than some of the "so called" specials direct from Disney.

Most of the time Undercover Tourist through the Mousesavers link has the 4 or 5 day tickets with an extra day free, so don't see what the big deal is.

Just sharing the info. Not everyone trusts going through Mousesavers for whatever reason. Also this is only valid through June. 

Out of curiosity, what does a four day Magic Your Way pass cost?

What does a five day Magic Your Way cost?

ETA-

I found this nifty chart Mo posted on another thread:

Here's the full chart for single and multi-day tickets...

WDW-Tickets2014.jpg

So, I lay out all that money, for six tickets and I save 60 bucks?

How much would that have cost me before this week's price increase?

TCD

Out of curiosity, what does a four day Magic Your Way pass cost?

What does a five day Magic Your Way cost?

ETA-

I found this nifty chart Mo posted on another thread:

So, I lay out all that money, for six tickets and I save 60 bucks?

How much would that have cost me before this week's price increase?

TCD

Probably pretty close to the same amount. I imagine their price breaks stayed pretty equal between days. I dont have the before pricing handy though to check that. 

LOL.

Thanks, Disney.

Also, how many families of six are there these days?

TCD

A lot of the trips I book tend to be for family groups. Sometimes Grandma and Grandpa are going along. 6 is not an out there number especially at the Fort. 

But again. Just sharing the info. 

For comparison...

TicketPriceComparison-MYW.jpg

Great job, Mo.

So, in 2012, I could have bought a 5 day MYW ticket for $268.

And up until, last week, I could have bought a 5 day MYW ticket for $289

Under the "special," I can buy six or more four day MYW passes for $294 each, but then get a "free" day.  That same pass would have cost just $289 before this week's price increase.

Disney wins.

Again.

TCD

Looks like we were posting at the same time.

And I hope you don't think I was being critical of you.  I appreciate that you posted this- I hadn't heard about it.

I just wanted to see if it really was any kind of a deal.

It's not.

TCD

I hadnt noticed the timing. I am all good. I agree its not eh best deal in the world but darn it the people have a right to know. LOL

Great job, Mo.

So, in 2012, I could have bought a 5 day MYW ticket for $268.

And up until, last week, I could have bought a 5 day MYW ticket for $289

Under the "special," I can buy six or more four day MYW passes for $294 each, but then get a "free" day.  That same pass would have cost just $289 before this week's price increase.

Disney wins.

Again.

TCD

You know what they say in Vegas... the house always wins.

What makes getting taken out by strollers and dealing with crying, puking snotty nosed kids worth an extra 5 bucks at the MK?

Looks like we were posting at the same time.

And I hope you don't think I was being critical of you.  I appreciate that you posted this- I hadn't heard about it.

I just wanted to see if it really was any kind of a deal.

It's not.

TCD

But the reality is that a lot of people are going to see the word "deal" and think it is. I'm always surprised at how many people don't crunch the numbers. Or maybe I'm not.  It's like when a store marks something with that red "clearance" tag that you can get elsewhere for less, or is total junk, or both.

And on a personal note about the latest price increase, I'm really really glad I bought 8-day non-expiration parkhoppers + fun visits from Undercover Tourist right before the price increase last June.  Now my investment is worth even more.  And it's looking likely they will be the last Disney tickets I buy and when they are gone we are gone, unless there are some actual deals at some point in the future. 

But the reality is that a lot of people are going to see the word "deal" and think it is. I'm always surprised at how many people don't crunch the numbers.

When I crunch the numbers, the minimum savings is about $60.

And if I opt for Park Hopping or non-expiring, the savings is in the hundreds for a family of six.

Why is that not a deal?

When I crunch the numbers, the minimum savings is about $60.

And if I opt for Park Hopping or non-expiring, the savings is in the hundreds for a family of six.

Why is that not a deal?

Where are you getting an option to add discounted park hopping and non-expiring?

The offer says that the tickets are only good for one park a day and expire 14 days after first use:

ticketoffer_zpsa9f52368.jpg

Your $60 figure is correct based on the current prices being charged.  But this just adjusts the price back to a number just slightly higher than what the charge was before the price hikes implemented earlier this week. 

And does the family really save $60?  They stay an extra day, whether on-site or off.  That costs money.  And they have another day to spend $$ on food and drinks in the parks (but just one park-no hopping).

TCD

Where are you getting an option to add discounted park hopping and non-expiring?

Missed that.

Your $60 figure is correct based on the current prices being charged.  But this just adjusts the price back to a number just slightly higher than what the charge was before the price hikes implemented earlier this week. 

The offer is based on the new prices, not what they were last week, or last year, so shouldn't that be what the savings be judged on?

IE, this is what you pay now without the offer, and this is what you pay now with the offer, you save $60.

And does the family really save $60?  They stay an extra day, whether on-site or off.  That costs money.  And they have another day to spend $$ on food and drinks in the parks (but just one park-no hopping).

Granted, the extra day will cost them, but no matter how you cut it, they still save $60 on the tickets.

That's all Disney is offering. They're not offering a free resort stay, food, just a free day in the park.

Missed that.

The offer is based on the new prices, not what they were last week, or last year, so shouldn't that be what the savings be judged on?

IE, this is what you pay now without the offer, and this is what you pay now with the offer, you save $60.

Granted, the extra day will cost them, but no matter how you cut it, they still save $60 on the tickets.

That's all Disney is offering. They're not offering a free resort stay, food, just a free day in the park.

So, going back to your earlier question- "how is that not a deal?"

A family of six must spend $1754 on tickets alone to "save" a grand total of $60, which is based on the "free" day.  But that day isn't free- they're going to have to spend the night somewhere and eat something.

I guess $60 is $60, but hardly anything to get excited about.  Sixty bucks won't even buy a family of six a complete meal at a Disney quick serve restaurant.

TCD

So, going back to your earlier question- "how is that not a deal?"

A family of six must spend $1754 on tickets alone to "save" a grand total of $60, which is based on the "free" day.  But that day isn't free- they're going to have to spend the night somewhere and eat something.

I guess $60 is $60, but hardly anything to get excited about.  Sixty bucks won't even buy a family of six a complete meal at a Disney quick serve restaurant.

TCD

I get all that, but still........