I get all that, but still........

But still what?

Facts:

On February 22, 2014, a guest could buy a five day MYW pass for $289.

On February 23, 2014 Disney jacked-up all the prices.

On February 25, 2014, Disney announces this "Special Offer," generously allowing guests to purchase six four day MYW tickets for $294 each.  But, they'll throw in a "free" day.  So, that's the same as getting a five day MYW pass for just $294.

Still, even with the "free" day, the guest is paying more than he would have on February 22.  And, this offer is only good until June. And only if you buy six of these four day passes.  Six.

I'm sorry that I'm not jumping for joy about this.

TCD

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't drink alone.  My children watch me to make sure i don't fall over.

That is the same Logic my wife uses after a day at the mall. "Look at all the money I saved!"

and we do appreciate it Jason!!  However, as most of us know, there is "usually" a better deal out there somewhere, than some of the "so called" specials direct from Disney.

Still families that are able to take advantage of the limited time offer will have $60 in there pocket that they otherwise wouldn't have.

It may be nothing to get excited about, but it is something.

That is the same Logic my wife uses after a day at the mall. "Look at all the money I saved!"

Why does this remind me of when I was younger and candy bars would go "on sale" right after they started making them all a bit smaller?

Or Breyers Ice Cream, which no longer comes in half gallons, but in 1.5 quarts?

:(

What are you complaining about, Marty, since you have a family of 8, you get to save $80!

(all you have to do is spend $2352).

As that wise bus pilot said above, that is something.

TCD

We have been looking at some spring promo packages and the four day tix came with a free fifth day.  Hoping to get there in May.  Just won't be at the Fort. :(

Poor misguided Kim.

According to the three financial genius's, FWG, Marty, and the very wise attorney at law, you're being ripped off.

What you think is a free 5th day is not because you're paying a higher ticket price than you would have before the price increase, and because of that, you're not getting a free day.

If you follow that, explain it to me, I'm just a lowly bus driver that Disney is not paying a living wage to.

Poor misguided Kim.

According to the three financial genius's, FWG, Marty, and the very wise attorney at law, you're being ripped off.

What you think is a free 5th day is not because you're paying a higher ticket price than you would have before the price increase, and because of that, you're not getting a free day.

If you follow that, explain it to me, I'm just a lowly bus driver that Disney is not paying a living wage to.

No.  I am not misguided.  At 45 years old I know that nothing is "free" at WDW.  They call it "free" in the package which was all I was saying.    BUT, I never look at the individual prices of stuff anyway.  I am not a financial wizard so All I care about is the bottom line.  What is the total cost?  They can break it down however it makes them feel good. :))

After looking at it from every angle upside down and sideways... the package wasn't a bad deal.  It was actually pretty reasonable,  especially since we could still be on property. :))

I have a feeling the lowly bus driver already knows this.

Beyond the "deal" we are discussing, I am still in shock over the cost of an AP now.  The only time my family ever had AP's was in 2009, and they were significantly cheaper (albeit still expensive).  INC and I batted around the idea of getting AP's one more time before our older girls leave the nest, and making several trips down in that year.  But those AP's would cost $4,726!   :faceplant2:

I guess if you divide that cost over 3 trips and milk it for all it's worth, it could in some tiny little way be justified.  But WOW!  I don't think that will be happening.  

I guess if you divide that cost over 3 trips and milk it for all it's worth, it could in some tiny little way be justified.

That's the only way it's justified for us.  We get just about 6 weeks out of ours, which brings it to about $17/day per person.

The flip side of that is for WWW this year I bought a 2 day park hopper - for close to $300.  fainting.gif

Ticket prices make more sense the longer the stay... but of course the longer the stay, the more money Disney is getting from you for food, merchandise, lodging...

MARKETING!  Make it more appealing for people to stay/stay longer because they'll think that it actually costs them less.

(Can you say "free" dining?)

And while some of these deals do bring down the "per day" cost, as Kimmie pointed out, it's all about the bottom line.  So you may be paying less on your tickets, but the bottom line is that you're likely going to spend more overall because you'll be there longer.

Genius, I tell ya!  8)

I say, bring back Give a Day, Get a Day!  Most people used it to either add a day to their tickets, or to exchange it for a valuable collectible (LOL).

But for families like mine, it meant a chance to actually get to go to WDW and go to a park.  It also benefited the local school at which we did a spring cleaning.  They said they usually have 2-3 people come to do spring cleaning. That day, they had 150!  We found some small statues under years of fallen leaves that the principle hadn't even known were there!

And while some of these deals do bring down the "per day" cost, as Kimmie pointed out, it's all about the bottom line.  So you may be paying less on your tickets, but the bottom line is that you're likely going to spend more overall because you'll be there longer.

Genius, I tell ya!  8)

Omigosh!  I said something that made financial sense!!!   :jumpforjoy:  ( I am no mathlete.. which is why the bottom line is the only thing that matters.. what can I spend?  how much bang can I get for said amount?)

And yes, the longer you stay the more you spend... especially impulse spending.    We have always been able to keep our food costs down but those darn kids... who spot those darn souvenier shops and snack stands... grrrrr...  Fortunately lil H loves pressed coins.  Of course, then I had to buy the little album to store them in. :))

Fortunately lil H loves pressed coins.  Of course, then I had to buy the little album to store them in. :))

lol!

on our last trip our 7 year old G'son decided those were his favorite thing!  I did have to watch to be sure he was at the penny machines, not a quarter machine!

lol!

on our last trip our 7 year old G'son decided those were his favorite thing!  I did have to watch to be sure he was at the penny machines, not a quarter machine!

Amen to that!  Whew!  

I know what you mean, Kimmie.  Except in my case it's that darn husband and those darn bars and drink kiosks.

:))  And then you have to join him so he doesn't drink alone.  It just never ends... 

Ok here's a little tip to keep costs down...

You have to eat and drink beer whether your at disneyworld or not. Right?

Let's say a trip to Disney for a family of 4 for 4 days at a value resort off season costs approx $2500 (room, ticket, and food).

The way DW and I figure it is that we would eat if we were at home so we deduct the food and drink cost of approx $200/ day. Or a savings of $800.

That's a savings of almost 30%.

Best the Undercover Tourist!

We call it doing Disney on a budget. Lol.