Linda likes the horses, but this is a little too close.ute6yga3.jpgSomething spooked them and off they went. The drivers turned them into the trees to get them stopped and now we know what was under the barrel at the 400 entrance.eva4a2az.jpgThe tan was still a little jumpy as they got loaded up.y4adesyj.jpg<br />

Luckily it didn't happen at night with a loaded wagon.

I wonder if they'll cancel any upcoming wagon rides while the horse undergoes a psychological evaluation?  

With the number of horses they have I doubt it, but one couple on our loop decided against a ride tonight.

Bobby says it is Disney policy to "remove" and "relocate" any animal that is deemed to be a nuisance. Totally unrelated is tonight's special at Trails End. Something the chef calls equine stew.

Eek! Honestly I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.  I've seen cars, carts, kids on bikes, etc., pull some stunts too close to and around the horses that makes me shake my head and think "do they not realize what can happen if that 1000-ish lb horse freaks out?"  I'm sure the horses there are chosen/trained to be just about bulletproof, but as this proves, things do happen.

We were out on the snow mobiles once and were merging onto a road, saw a horse drawn sleigh ride heading towards us so I waved our group to the side of the road and had everyone shut them down. Not sure if we would spook the horses but felt it was the safest thing to do, the driver did thanks us as they passed so I guess we did good. Glad no one was hurt and the horses calmed down.

My neighbor out at the farm trains horses and raises clydes and shires that he uses for parades. He uses a siren, bells, races 4-wheelers around them to get use to all the sounds and surprises they can experience. I'm sure Disney trainers are as hard/strict and devoted to training their horses. I wouldn't think twice about taking a wagon/carriage ride.

My neighbor out at the farm trains horses and raises clydes and shires that he uses for parades. He uses a siren, bells, races 4-wheelers around them to get use to all the sounds and surprises they can experience. I'm sure Disney trainers are as hard/strict and devoted to training their horses. I wouldn't think twice about taking a wagon/carriage ride.

I used the same technique to train my kids!

I used the same technique to train my kids!

One of our dogs (Bz) is afraid of pretty much nothing.  You can bang pots and pans over her head, yell, blow a horn... she'll lay on the deck in a thunderstorm until you make her come in.

But if the toaster goes "ding" she bolts out of the room.   8)

One of our dogs (Bz) is afraid of pretty much nothing.  You can bang pots and pans over her head, yell, blow a horn... she'll lay on the deck in a thunderstorm until you make her come in.

But if the toaster goes "ding" she bolts out of the room.   8)

maybe she doesnt like the smell of burnt toast