Do you think if Walt lived longer...

Hard to Say.

I agree with the Epcot thing.

I unlike some people think Disney want to do more than just mke money from his parks. Epcot is a perfect example of that.

He was a dreamer with big ideas and it takes money to make those dreams come true.

Of course it would be different. How much so or what would be different is an impossible question to answer.

I also tend to doubt Epcot would have been built the way it was.  But I also highly doubt it would have been built per his dreams and plans.  That was a little too fantastic, and I can't imagine the money or the technology would have existed to build it per the plans.  

One thing is for certain...if he were alive today you would still be able to buy a warm, ooey gooey cinnamon roll on Main Street.   

I'm not sure why people have the impression that Walt didn't care about making money, but I'm not very familiar with a lot of Disney history. What makes people think that?

Because Roy was the financial guy. Walt had the ideas, Roy found the money.

I'm not sure why people have the impression that Walt didn't care about making money, but I'm not very familiar with a lot of Disney history. What makes people think that?

Walt did care about making money.

Because Roy was the financial guy. Walt had the ideas, Roy found the money.

While Roy was the financial guy, Walt understood money very well.  Maybe it was politics or he understood how his company could be hurt without cooperation, but he cooperated with the House Un-American Activities Committee and the FBI.  He was also very strong anti-union.  Most books about him gloss over the warts because to get access to the Disney archives authors had to submit manuscripts for approval by the Disney company.  Read some of the unauthorized biographys and you get a clearer picture of the man.

Despite how we feel about Bucky's taking over Mainstreet Bakery, even if Walt were alive today, it would have probably happened. When Disneyland opened, I don't believe Disney owned any of the food venues, they were all private vendors.

If Walt were alive today, would FWG be tight with him like he is with Bobby?

Would the 3000 loop have beer spigots?

That is a given.

Walt did care about making money.

While Roy was the financial guy, Walt understood money very well.  Maybe it was politics or he understood how his company could be hurt without cooperation, but he cooperated with the House Un-American Activities Committee and the FBI.  He was also very strong anti-union.  Most books about him gloss over the warts because to get access to the Disney archives authors had to submit manuscripts for approval by the Disney company.  Read some of the unauthorized biographys and you get a clearer picture of the man.

It was a different time.

Regarding the Committee. Someone posed an interesting question "who benefits from the decision?". Their contention was that a decision is based on things like survival, loyalty, money, ego,etc. I didn't sit around with Walt sipping Scotch, but I doubt that money was in shortage for him.

Regarding being anti union. Is that considered a wart by the majority? In the early 1900's...sure. Today, I'm not so sure. He was chronologically right in the middle

I'm more of a "Roy" than a "Walt." That being said, Big Thinkers like Walt provide ideological gateways for expansion and growth. He provided a lot of energy when starting a question with "why can't we.....?" That is an important antithesis to folks who want to extract more from what already exists. Whether it's Walt or somebody else, I think the company would have benefitted from more years with Big Thinkers. Can anybody envision Eisner coming to a meeting with an idea for a new ride at MK?