AP holders now being mailed Magic bands

Damn, wish I thought of that before I ordered them. Do you think they will issue new bands when you renew?

According to the most recent update, each time you renew your Annual Pass you must link them to MDE. You can then customize and request a new set of MBs which will be shipped to you with a new Discount Card and new Exclusive Slider.

There are some more details here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/10332-mymagicfastpass-how-it-works-attractions-and-experiences/?p=344944

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cool. But two boxes arrived at the TCD household on Saturday (I removed the girl's names to protect them from stalkers). We also got the ID cards, but ours are gold: I added the "AP" to the end

We have bands from our Halloween trip. All reservations for our Easter trip are now on them. Now we received an email telling us to customize our bands for our upcoming trip. I called the help number, and was told to order new bands and do nothing with them. Bring both sets, and "someone at the resort" would make sure everything was transferred properly. Yeah...right...

By the way, neither of these sets are our AP bands. Haven't addressed that issue yet...

Logistically speaking, having the parking entitlement added to the band is a horrible idea. Think about how long it would take to scan each band and figure if they get free parking or not. The lines would be horrendous. With the cards, just flash your card at the toll plaza and youre in. Don't even have to fully stop.

The discounts are being worked now. They thought they had them but during testing found problems so had to readdress the process. They could have waited to release the AP MBs for the discounts, but the AP community cried too much so Disney went ahead with AP testing to keep them happy.

When finally working, the discount will automatically be applied when paying using your MB. No need to show anything. But until they get it working properly, the cards allow AP holders to get their discount still.

It doesn't seem like it's going to be as simple as flashing my card and driving through.  The material that came with my card says I have to show my card and a photo ID.  I will need to stop and let the CM examine that, no?  Now, what was that about how Magic Bands were going to make my life easier?  Now, I need to remember my Magic Band, my photo ID, my actual pass (in case the Magic Band doesn't work-which has happened to everyone in my family at least once already) and this discount card.  Oh, and I need a fully charged smart phone too.  With screen caps of my FP+ reservations, which are likely to disappear at some point during the day.  Oh, and a phone charger too, because my battery will be drained from trying to connect to the glitchy app to prove to the college kids at the ride entrances that I really do have FP+ reservations when the scanners don't work. Nicely done, Disney:

5a7eee60-f27e-4620-b13c-5b66346d7760_zps

I guess this is all the AP community's fault?  I missed the outcry from the AP Community demanding that we have to remember to bring all this stuff with us just to visit a park and use the pass that we paid good money for.

Do the cards have your name on them.  They have been double checking IDs at the toll booths lately to make sure the pass-holder was in the car.  If they keep doing the checks I don't see how the new cards will be any faster..

Yes, these cards have the passholder's name and the expiration date of the pass printed on them.  Finally. Although my actual pass has currently has that vital information written on with a Sharpie.

We have bands from our Halloween trip. All reservations for our Easter trip are now on them. Now we received an email telling us to customize our bands for our upcoming trip. I called the help number, and was told to order new bands and do nothing with them. Bring both sets, and "someone at the resort" would make sure everything was transferred properly. Yeah...right...

By the way, neither of these sets are our AP bands. Haven't addressed that issue yet...

Unless something has changed, your original Magic Band will work.  But, they are still going to give you new ones.  You might as well order different colors for everyone.  We are working on each having a complete set of all colors. 

All of you pass information is in "the cloud," which means that all of the Magic Bands assigned to you are live and will work interchangeably.  You can see what bands have been assigned to you by looking at your My Disney Experience page.

TCD

I guess this is all the AP community's fault?  I missed the outcry from the AP Community demanding that we have to remember to bring all this stuff with us just to visit a park and use the pass that we paid good money for.

TCD

It wasn't THAT outcry that I was referring too. The "Why do resort guests get these MBs and FP+ and all this cool technology and we AP holders get treated like dirt and get nothing?" outcry. People threatening to not renew their AP because of this. They forced Disney's hand and they had to push forward with the testing knowing there are still aspects that need worked out to appease the AP masses. So instead of a fully functioning experience for them to test, AP holders get a partial experience because of impatience. The rest will be worked out, and rolled out in segments. Just gotta give it time.    

It wasn't THAT outcry that I was referring too. The "Why do resort guests get these MBs and FP+ and all this cool technology and we AP holders get treated like dirt and get nothing?" outcry. People threatening to not renew their AP because of this. They forced Disney's hand and they had to push forward with the testing knowing there are still aspects that need worked out to appease the AP masses. So instead of a fully functioning experience for them to test, AP holders get a partial experience because of impatience. The rest will be worked out, and rolled out in segments. Just gotta give it time.    

Got it.  It is the passholders fault.  They should just keep handing their money over and keep their ungrateful mouths shut.  They're rolling it out in segments, got it.  I guess the passholders made Disney make the announcement a year ago that they would soon have all have these great Magic Bands that would make their lives so much easier.  Stupid passholders.  Why would any of them think the word soon meant less than a year?  How impatient.

TCD

Got it.  It is the passholders fault.  They should just keep handing their money over and keep their ungrateful mouths shut.  They're rolling it out in segments, got it.  I guess the passholders made Disney make the announcement a year ago that they would soon have all have these great Magic Bands that would make their lives so much easier.  Stupid passholders.  Why would any of them think the word soon meant less than a year?  How impatient.

TCD

Now you got it..........That's a good AP holder.

And the CMs were promised their MBs and access to all of this, hmmmm, 6 months ago. Let me check my wrist.....nope, no MB, no FP+, no cool technology. And Im supposed to help you figure all of this out.

Are they still doing finger scans at the park entrances with APs?

If not, couldn't you just let a friend "borrow" one of your old MBs to get into a different park?  Assuming all the MBs that you have in your possession are active.

I think there's a big loophole there for some devious souls......unless I'm missing something vital. (which is totally possible. )

And the CMs were promised their MBs and access to all of this, hmmmm, 6 months ago.

You should find the person that promised you MBs six months ago and have a nice talk with them.

We have been promised, zero, nothin, nada, about us getting MBs, and that's exactly how it's worked out, nothin, nada, no MBs.

Does anyone know the answer to this question? When will we be able to get on MDE and delete old tickets or old MB's? I know for the last few months you only have the ability to deactivate cards and bands. For some reason MDE picked up 3 sets of KTTW cards that we had one passes on last year and I can't get rid of them. I even asked the dapper dans at the FP+ service stations and they didn't know

Are they still doing finger scans at the park entrances with APs?

If not, couldn't you just let a friend "borrow" one of your old MBs to get into a different park?  Assuming all the MBs that you have in your possession are active.

I think there's a big loophole there for some devious souls......unless I'm missing something vital. (which is totally possible. )

As Mo said- there are still finger scans.  Not only that, but they know which park the passholder is in.  If someone else tries to use a different MB associated with the same account to enter the same or another park, they will know.  And bad things will happen.

I just ordered new MagicBands today.  That is three for me.  Each is a different color.  Can I associate each one with my AP?  And choose every day which one to wear?

Look on your MDE account.  If those MB's are active and associated with you, then they are all identical and any of them will work.

Does anyone know the answer to this question? When will we be able to get on MDE and delete old tickets or old MB's? I know for the last few months you only have the ability to deactivate cards and bands. For some reason MDE picked up 3 sets of KTTW cards that we had one passes on last year and I can't get rid of them. I even asked the dapper dans at the FP+ service stations and they didn't know

I currently have 10 KTTW cards attached to my account.  I don't know how to delete them.  But, why do you want to?  It doesn't seem to cause any kind of problem.

TCD

As Mo said- there are still finger scans.  Not only that, but they know which park the passholder is in.  If someone else tries to use a different MB associated with the same account to enter the same or another park, they will know.  And bad things will happen.

Look on your MDE account.  If those MB's are active and associated with you, then they are all identical and any of them will work.

I currently have 10 KTTW cards attached to my account.  I don't know how to delete them.  But, why do you want to?  It doesn't seem to cause any kind of problem.

TCD

Your right, not a big deal but with the large collection of MB and cards some of us are now stock pilling, it would be nice to totally get rid of them and delete them. It's just the OCD in me

That's what I suspected, but with all the mention of multiple cards and bands, it seemed like some hanky-panky could take place.  

On a separate note, I got a mailing today that says if you book a resort stay and a minimum 5 day ticket, they'll throw in the park hopper option for free.  I wonder if they noticed a drop in bookings since the price increase?  

On a separate note, I got a mailing today that says if you book a resort stay and a minimum 5 day ticket, they'll throw in the park hopper option for free.  I wonder if they noticed a drop in bookings since the price increase?

I got that too. Up to 30%off some resorts (usual restrictions apply) and hopper thrown in if you buy a 5 day ticket. I thought the discount might be because of the new Harry Potter area opening at Universal this summer (which my kids are wanting to go to) and the hopper because people are only going to the park for which they have the 3 FP+ and are staying fewer hours in the parks (spending less $ -- junior isn't begging for toys when he is swimming in the resort pool).

That has never been an option unless you are a resort guest. It's a possibility, cause all you would have to do is attach a credit card to your account. But then that might discourage onsite stays, so probably not.

My MB'S are already linked to my Credit Card (from what I can see). The MB'S are a extension of your credit card (plus a whole lot more). I would be to Disney's advantage to allow credit card charges to pass holder's. They could make more money. Plus, it would be so easy to use your MB and not have to dig out your credit card. I think this will happen in the very near future.

Just my thoughts.....

Dave