A Tale Of Two Gatherings - Desoto 2014

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice job on the selfies! Embarrassing our children is one of life's great pleasures.

The selfies are AMAZING... oh wait, the Troll is hiding these days.   Good job embarrassing the kids. It's important to do so in order to build character.

I was taking selfies. Those other people just kept getting in my way.

Anna was a big help! I think my favorite part of the whole trip was Anna hugs. She is so sweet and loving. I don't get little girl hugs anymore so I just loved them.

We sure hated to leave Saturday morning but I'm so glad we were able to go even for a little bit. Can't wait for the next GG!

What are these Mega Stuffed Oreos of which you speak?

TCD

Forgot the most important part of the trip for some - Mega Stuffed Oreos.  Here you go:

mega_zps6323a871.jpeg

Apparently the way to consume these is to grab them with your grilling tongs and roast over the fire until the cream is gooey.  According to the kids, you need to eat a bunch of these in one sitting to really appreciate the beauty. 

I didn't try any grilled, but I sure ate them raw.  I'm a sucker for Oreos, the more stuffed, the better.  Here's the real truth about Oreos:

megastuf1_zps85bab15a.jpg

Did you know a double stuffed Oreo is not really double stuff? It's like 1.5 stuffed

Anyway, in Gettysburg this year we will be making s'moreOreos. Someone (i forget who), was kind enough to share a pic of opening an Oreo and placing a roasted marshmallow and piece of chocolate inside.

Forgot the most important part of the trip for some - Mega Stuffed Oreos.  Here you go:

mega_zps6323a871.jpeg

Apparently the way to consume these is to grab them with your grilling tongs and roast over the fire until the cream is gooey.  According to the kids, you need to eat a bunch of these in one sitting to really appreciate the beauty. 

I didn't try any grilled, but I sure ate them raw.  I'm a sucker for Oreos, the more stuffed, the better.  Here's the real truth about Oreos:

megastuf1_zps85bab15a.jpg

Hey this is great news!

Regular Oreos are a diet food!

Awesome!

TCD

We hung around for a while, then it was time for the DIT gang to load into the van and head to Wally World.  This always excites my kids, as they love visiting foreign Walmarts.  Plus, we had an encounter with some celebrities.  But I'll wait to discuss that until the rest of the Fiends update with their Saturday morning pics.  

Before we can pronounce any Miller camping trip a success, we have to make sure that we have made at least one trip to a foreign Walmart in the vicinity of camping area....  The "mountainous" Wal-Marts in NC are especially entertaining as I think someone along the way has tampered with the gene pool....  Wait, did I just heat banjo music?

The one thing Dave forgot to mention was how Anna led the adults in a game of Duck Duck Goose. It helped us to burn off the calories we had just consumed.

You're right....how could I forget that?!?  

Yvonne, Carol and Judy (am I forgetting anyone?)  were good sports and played with her.  Of course, when Anna takes you by the hand, points to the ground and pulls your arms down to get you to sit, then whacks you on the head, yells "Goose!" and takes off running.....what can you do?  

Aaron.... I too saw those amazing cinnamon rolls on the table... I was waiting for someone to describe them and provide ratings.

I second that request.

When a fiend has his or her cinnamon roll request seconded, the fiend TR author is required to let the cinnamon roll story fly.