We have two more trips planned to The Fort this year and both are slated for loop 1500 (hopefully) aka tent/pop-up site. We recently purchased a cute hybrid and my question is water.

I know the site has electricity and water, and I know that we do not have access to sewer so we are planning to dump the tank after our stay.  Having said that, we will actually use the commode very little (if any) but do have plans to use the tub to wash our youngest and maybe the sink to clean some dishes.

Question:  Any ideas if Disney will let you drain water at the site?  Heck... can you drain water or it that part of the sewer system (as you can tell, we are BRAND NEW to anything but tent camping).   :)

Get A blue tank, then when it is full, call the desk, they will direct you to a empty full hookup site to dump. No dump station at the Fort.

Did the Fort ever have a dump station?  For some reason, I think I remember (years ago) on the main drive in, a dump station?  Or at least trailers were always pulled over there.... 

Did the Fort ever have a dump station? For some reason, I think I remember (years ago) on the main drive in, a dump station? Or at least trailers were always pulled over there....

Yes they did it's where the hook unhook pull offs are now

I understand there is NO dumping of gray or black water except into an approved septic system.  That can be into the Fort sewer system at your or another vacant site with a sewer connection.  Or some people dump gray water into the laundry sink in the CS and black water into a commode.  You never know what may be in gray water...grease, food specks, medicines, etc, and Black water ...well you know whay may be in that.  As Carol says, get a blue tank ...or take it home.

Thanks fiends.  We're looking into getting a blue tank.

Great, as much as folks think their "little bit of water" dumped on the ground doesn't amount to much, consider the cumulative effects of multiple campers doing the same thing year round. Back in 2001 The state of Florida in their infinite wisdom prohibited the use of portable transport systems (think blue tanks and cassette toilets).  I was writing articles for Pop Up Times back then and dealt with the Florida Department of Health on Pop Up Campers unique needs in this area.  To be honest, they were wonderful to deal with and had no idea that there was a class of RVs that did not always have on board storage tanks.  Within about six weeks they were able to amend the rules to allow the use of "transportable wastewater containers and cassette type toilets".

You can read their memo here:  http://www.popupcamping.info/TWCs.pdf

As to who enforces the rules, it was explained to me at the time that as part of the licensing of an RV park with a sewage system, they (Disney) must agree to unannounced visits by inspectors of either the County Health Department and/or the the Florida Department of Health.  Do they actually inspect, who knows???

My Gray water Web Page has more information: http://www.popupcamping.info/GrayWater.htm

Great, as much as folks think their "little bit of water" dumped on the ground doesn't amount to much, consider the cumulative effects of multiple campers doing the same thing year round. Back in 2001 The state of Florida in their infinite wisdom prohibited the use of portable transport systems (think blue tanks and cassette toilets).  I was writing articles for Pop Up Times back then and dealt with the Florida Department of Health on Pop Up Campers unique needs in this area.  To be honest, they were wonderful to deal with and had no idea that there was a class of RVs that did not always have on board storage tanks.  Within about six weeks they were able to amend the rules to allow the use of "transportable wastewater containers and cassette type toilets".

You can read their memo here:  http://www.popupcamping.info/TWCs.pdf

As to who enforces the rules, it was explained to me at the time that as part of the licensing of an RV park with a sewage system, they (Disney) must agree to unannounced visits by inspectors of either the County Health Department and/or the the Florida Department of Health.  Do they actually inspect, who knows???

My Gray water Web Page has more information: http://www.popupcamping.info/GrayWater.htm

Thank you for posting that, Tim.  I remember reading it in the past.

Don't hybrid trailers have built-in storage tanks for both gray and black water?

I can tell you from my own personal observations that the Fort does a terrible job communicating to guests that they shouldn't dump waste water on the ground.  Every Thanksgiving, there's a group who brings full sized kitchen appliances to the Fort.  I've seen them on the 2000 loop several times. They had a discharge hose from a regular home model dishwasher dumping right into a ditch.  Disgusting.

But, just because the Fort does a bad job enforcing the rules doesn't mean that it's acceptable to dump waste water on the ground.

Campers should strive to have as little impact on the environment as possible.  Don't throw trash on the ground, and collect and dispose of waster water properly.  If you're going to camp, learn the rules.

TCD

Thank you for posting that, Tim.  I remember reading it in the past.

Don't hybrid trailers have built-in storage tanks for both gray and black water?

I can tell you from my own personal observations that the Fort does a terrible job communicating to guests that they shouldn't dump waste water on the ground.  Every Thanksgiving, there's a group who brings full sized kitchen appliances to the Fort.  I've seen them on the 2000 loop several times. They had a discharge hose from a regular home model dishwasher dumping right into a ditch.  Disgusting.

But, just because the Fort does a bad job enforcing the rules doesn't mean that it's acceptable to dump waste water on the ground.

Campers should strive to have as little impact on the environment as possible.  Don't throw trash on the ground, and collect and dispose of waster water properly.  If you're going to camp, learn the rules.

TCD

Yes...the camper does have storage tanks, but I was concerned that the bath water may get too full (I guess that would only happen if he had a bath every night).  Thanks, Carol, for the suggestion on a blue tank....before you mentioned it, I didn't even know they existed (newbie, remember :) ).

Actually.... you want a good laugh??  We were at Camping World a couple of weeks ago looking in their store.  I was looking at some kitchen stuff while my husband watched the kids; I could see our youngest out of the corner of my eye.  When Carol mentioned the blue tank, I looked it up and showed it to Tom.  He said, "Oh yeah...that's what Brandon was playing with at Camping World".  I said "Really?  I thought it was luggage".  True story fiends  ::)

Just make sure you get one large enough to handle your tank, you can use smaller but plan on being there as you drain into it so it won't overflow. When you take it to empty you can tow it off of your hitch ball, remember it will be heavy and you don't want to be that new guy who makes a STINKY mistake. :rofl2:

Yes...the camper does have storage tanks, but I was concerned that the bath water may get too full (I guess that would only happen if he had a bath every night).  Thanks, Carol, for the suggestion on a blue tank....before you mentioned it, I didn't even know they existed (newbie, remember :) ).

Actually.... you want a good laugh??  We were at Camping World a couple of weeks ago looking in their store.  I was looking at some kitchen stuff while my husband watched the kids; I could see our youngest out of the corner of my eye.  When Carol mentioned the blue tank, I looked it up and showed it to Tom.  He said, "Oh yeah...that's what Brandon was playing with at Camping World".  I said "Really?  I thought it was luggage".  True story fiends  ::)

Why don't you try upgrading to a site with sewer?

Problem solved.

Do you really want to be dragging around a giant blue tank to dump?

At a site with sewer, your hose goes right in the drain, and you're done.

TCD

Just make sure you get one large enough to handle your tank, you can use smaller but plan on being there as you drain into it so it won't overflow. When you take it to empty you can tow it off of your hitch ball, remember it will be heavy and you don't want to be that new guy who makes a STINKY mistake. :rofl2:

but if you do make that mistake, be sure to take pictures!   :dropjaw:

Hey I was trying to be nice they did say they were newbies............. and they are the most fun to watch!!!!!!

Yes, I'm sure the experienced RVers will quickly pull their lawn chairs out, grab their drinks, and watch us as we provide a show :)

Why don't you try upgrading to a site with sewer?

Problem solved.

Do you really want to be dragging around a giant blue tank to dump?

At a site with sewer, your hose goes right in the drain, and you're done.

TCD

Just a money thing...

Yes, I'm sure the experienced RVers will quickly pull their lawn chairs out, grab their drinks, and watch us as we provide a show :)

Don't worry they watch everybody, someone backing in and setting up tends to become the days entertainment.

And the reason why I wont be telling you when I arrive at the Fort in June. LOL

Don't worry we will be on the lookout for you, plus there will be many Fiends there to pass the word on your arrival :rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2: