Star Wars character meal May 4th to June 15th?

Anyone heard of this? Any of our CM's feel like checking the Hub or have inside info to share?

http://www.chipandco.com/dine-jedi-disneys-star-wars-weekends-188156/

Walt Disney is releasing TWO all new character dining experiences for Star Wars Weekends. Starting on May 26th, you can call and book for select days starting May 4th through June 15th.

Jedi Mickey’s Star Wars Dine – Join Jedi Mickey, Leia Minnie, Darth Goofy, Stormtrooper Donald and Ewok Chip and Dale for dinner at Hollywood and Vine. Seatings for dinner will begin at 4:15 and go until the park closes. All meals will include a digital download of a photograph with Ewok Chip and Dale and photopass photographers will be on hand with cards. Prices start at $56.99 for adults and $32.99 for kids (ages 3-9). An added bonus of adding this as Fantasmic Dinner Package for $59.99 for adults and $36.99 for kids (ages 3-9).

Star Wars Galactic Dine-In Breakfast – Start your day with an out of this world breakfast. Join Stormtroopers, Jawa, Greedo, Bobo Fett and the dark one himself, DARTH VADAR for breakfast at Sci-Fi Cafe. Star Wars trailers and movie clips will be playing across the big movie screen as you dine. All meals will include a digital photo of your party on a commemorative Photopass card. Prices for adults are $47.99 and children $29.99 (ages 3-9).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cool. I'll have to let DS(26) know about this. He's a Star Wars fanatic and hasn't been to Disneyworld in a long time. I'd really like him to join us on one of our trips.

I'm not even really into Star Wars and I would want to do both meals. Well, until I realize that's like $300 in food lol

It's expensive, but I'd do it once. Star Wars and Disney are my two favorite things, so this would be perfect.

I'm sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but this is why I am losing my magic. $47.99 for breakfast? That's is freaking ridiculous. They know people will pay because of the special characters. Well you know what? Not me. I am thinking that I won't be spending anymore of my money at WDW period. I still have my ap and don't even want to go to use it. I mean I understand inflation, but seriously that is way more than is reasonable, but as long as folks continue to pay prices will continue to rise. I guess there will be thousands of others to take my place. 

I'm sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but this is why I am losing my magic. $47.99 for breakfast? That's is freaking ridiculous. They know people will pay because of the special characters. Well you know what? Not me. I am thinking that I won't be spending anymore of my money at WDW period. I still have my ap and don't even want to go to use it. I mean I understand inflation, but seriously that is way more than is reasonable, but as long as folks continue to pay prices will continue to rise. I guess there will be thousands of others to take my place. 

In all honesty regarding this and only if they run it during Star Wars weekends, there are usually long lines to see these characters. upwards of 1-2 hours sometimes for the more popular ones. This lets you be seated, your kids distracted and fed, and a photo op with the characters. I would personally do this at least once just to get the photos with some of these characters because yes I am really 7 years old and I love Star Wars and Disney. 

Obviously you need to spend your money and do the things that you want to do but for a lot of people the time saved standing in line would be well worth the expense. 

My friend has been on hold for over an hour. Thank you for sharing Jason because she had no idea until I sent her the link from your post last night

My pleasure. Another TA has been on for quite a while as well. especially since they appear to have dropped the ball on turning on online booking this morning. 

She booked! She read somewhere on line to call the phone for pirates league and got it all taken care of in 15 mins! She had her husband holding for the regular dining number and then she called the pirates league #.

She has 13 people in her group. Can you imagine the bill?!?

So this is no rumor?

I haven't seen anything official announcing this, but I believe it.  As far as I know, the Sci-Fi Café sits empty for breakfast.  Someone just figured out how to rake in major dollars.  They have all of those characters and costumes already, and the restaurant was not being used at that time of day.  So why not?  Whoever came up with the idea is going to get a big promotion.

TCD

She booked! She read somewhere on line to call the phone for pirates league and got it all taken care of in 15 mins! She had her husband holding for the regular dining number and then she called the pirates league #.

She has 13 people in her group. Can you imagine the bill?!?

No thanks but I am sure they will have a good time. 

So this is no rumor?

I haven't seen anything official announcing this, but I believe it.  As far as I know, the Sci-Fi Café sits empty for breakfast.  Someone just figured out how to rake in major dollars.  They have all of those characters and costumes already, and the restaurant was not being used at that time of day.  So why not?  Whoever came up with the idea is going to get a big promotion.

TCD

absolutely true on this one TCD. 

I guess I'm with Rita. I have a hard time spending $48 for breakfast for all 7 of us. LOL. Although. ... If I was going to do one of these meals, I'd be more interested in the Breakfast than the dinner because it's the "real" characters rather than the Disneyfied ones.

Hey, it's only $29.99 for kids 3-9, so you'll get a break on a couple of those kids you have.

What a deal!

Oh, and I'm with you and Rita. Unless they change it, I can meet all of those characters out in the park during Star Wars Weekends.

TCD

It's expensive, but I'd pay it once for the breakfast. Z would flip to meet the real characters. He loves Darth Vader. A regular breakfast buffet is around $18, so $30 more to meet all the character in AC while relaxing and eating? Sold! I'd much rather do that than spend all day at DHS in line. This is almost the CRT for boys.

I hope they make at least the breakfast permanent. That might be enough for me to get Jason back to Disney.

I bet this is one where adult men are going to be pushing kids out of the way. Ha ha ha!

I feel like I am the Disney Grinch and I am sorry for being Grumpy! I am sure that there was a time that I would be excited to have done this and honestly if Christopher told me that he wanted to go, I would bite the bullet.

Oh now your not being the grinch. Your right it is ridiculously expensive. But it's Disney so it's not surprising.

For me it would be for my DS who is a massive Star Wars fan.