I have been getting the camper ready to head back to the fort for spring break next week and have been meaning to take some pics of the awesome decals I bought from two fellow Fiends! Aubunjen made the very cool Musket Mickey and Timsmith7 made the awesome castle decal to replace our peeling and fading cougar sticker that I had removed. I get compliments everywhere we go and obviously gives us a reason to talk about the fort and how much we love it! Many thanks to both of them! Anyone needing some great decals these Fiends can hook you up!! 

GAFortFans..Shawn

20140404_092050.jpg

20140404_092106.jpg

It really depends on your camper and how long the decals have been on there.  When we removed our Mickey on the front of our camper, there was a discoloration where the sun had bleached out the color around and where the decal was was brighter, but I do not have a white camper. it is blue and it makes a big difference.  We are redoing our decals for the rest of the camper now, as they are beyond their wear and tear.  We will be putting back what we had there before.

The trick to removing them is using a hair dryer and getting the decals hot and then pulling them off.  If the decals are old, they will most likely come off on their own because they will be brittle.  After you remove them with the dryer, go back with goof off and get the adhesive off as well. 

I used a heat gun VERY carefully and warmed up the old and peeled off then used turtle wax decal adhesive remover. Then cleaned with cleaner wax and bar keepers friend rinsing very thoroughly. Put on the decal and just recently cleaned and coated the camper with zep #3 wet floor look camper looks like new. That's another post though.

If the camper is kept outside, even a white camper will show some "shadowing" when decals are removed, because the area under the decal has been protected from the sun and elements. We removed our factory decals within a month or two of purchasing it brand new and there was even some shadowing then, however. We then added our own vinyl to the camper. The shadows left from the original decals have long disappeared over the years, but I bet if I took these off, it would take a few months of sun to even things out. Mine has been kept under a cover or inside, so hopefully it won't be too bad if I should ever decide to sell.

Agreed Carol! Shadowing is always bad when you remove a decal, and if anyone knows away to get rid of it please post! THe nose cap where the castle is now was really dull and after removing cougar sticker it was bright and shiny! After coating with the zep it is harder to tell where cougar was.

Wow, those look great, I'd like to have a Fort Fiends Snarky sticker but there are none offered in the store!  Brian

all you have to do is ask...I haven't got around to putting them in the store, they are $8 in any color you wish for the vinyl and $5 for the little round white one that is printed

all you have to do is ask...I haven't got around to putting them in the store, they are $8 in any color you wish for the vinyl and $5 for the little round white one that is printed

Awesome Jen, I still have to order my sign, and I want to get a Snarkey and same size vinyl Musket Mickey, I do not have Pay Pal so I will have to get you a check, how much for the Musket Mickey?  Thanks, Brian

What do you need? I can help. You can search for my RV to see what I have done and can do. I am dirt cheap also, basically I work for vinyl ; )

I don't think we'd do anything fancy, probably just replace what's there because it's cracked and change the maroon to red, so it's UGA colors. Yours is the Disney one, right? If so, it's really impressive.

MIne is indeed the Disney one, and thanks. Replacing graphics is actually pretty easy. Just take a good high quality side shot of the graphics, grab a couple of key dimensions for reference and we can go from there.

If you're serious about it private message me and we can go from there. I think I charged something like 30 or 35 bucks for the castle on GAFortFans fiver and threw in a couple of peeking Mickeys for the windows.