Freedom from the Polar Vortex... The GDF family sails RCCL

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so for the record they are definitely not JORTS. No self respecting university of Georgia fan would ever wear JORTS.  I personally think that this was simply a ploy to get me to post and defend mys

Further proof  

What's wrong with Jorts? I own a few pair. I wear jeans in the winter and shorts the rest of the year. Sometimes Jorts. Not the ones shown on the magazine cover and not in Florida, it's to humid. Do

The replies count is one less than the total counts, as it doesn't include the first post.

So who stole Jason's post?

Better question...where's Jason?

How do we draw him out of lurkdom?

I thought of questioning his manhood but I think he could and would kick my butt. Lol

Great pictures.

Are those the pictures you bought or did you have the photographer or some take them for you?

I know some are bought but are they all?

All the ones with us and the professional backgrounds were taken by them. I prepurchased a package where we got all our photos in digital form. We got over 60 total. 

By the way this is the 242 reply.

Not that anyone is counting.

I've officially broken my record! 

And if your reading this, Jason. If you time it right you could be the 250th reply.

Women like that stuff.

But I'm sure you know that.

Z had to learn his skills from you.

Or was he born with those skills?

Either way he got it from you.

Just so you know, he was cracking up at this. 

Kelly.

Do you think that last post might pull Jason out from lurkdom?

Jason forgot his password. Ugh! 

I better quit posting before I take up Jason's 250th post position.

Post Jason post!!!

Right? He can remember all his clients passwords, but not his own. 

This is 246.

Just in case Jason is interested. Lol.

:rofl3:

Hey, i am 247

Go Braves

Are all baseball Fiends Braves fans, except Bob? And how are you a Braves fan? What's the connection?

Matthew Stafford rules!

250 is there for the taking Jason.

That he does. 

That looked like a really fun evening!!

It was fun! And more fun from that night is coming. 

The professional photos came out great. We never bothered to take the time to do this on any of our cruises, but now I wish we had.

If you can order as many lobster tails as you like, then why would anyone order the $30 whole lobster on the menu?:

F2DA298C-3475-4926-85ED-2621AB7A06ED.jpg

I don't understand why they offer that option.

TCD

I wouldn't pay for the whole lobster either. Mainly because I'm allergic

But usually the lobster tails Restaurants serve come from the spiny lobster the kind you can get down in the Keys during lobster season. It doesn't have claws. IMHO Maine lobster tastes a lot better. Maybe it's the cold water or something.

My DW loves lobster night on cruises. She always gets my lobster after I take one tiny bite.

Carol stole Jason"s 250th post.

Bad girl. But I'm glad she's posting. :)

According to what I'm seeing, mine was 251, Aaron had 250

Finger pointing!!!

The replies count is one less than the total counts, as it doesn't include the first post.  

Hmmm..... good point

So who stole Jason's post?

Better question...where's Jason?

How do we draw him out of lurkdom?

I thought of questioning his manhood but I think he could and would kick my butt. Lol

Jason has to reset his password. He usually reads from his phone, and I don't think there's a way to do that from there. 

Love your balcony. Beats the heck outta the two portholes in our room. Lol

Cute dinner pics!!

Our balcony was especially nice. We used it a lot, so it was worth the extra expense. With Z needing downtime, it was like having another room. 

The professional photos came out great.  We never bothered to take the time to do this on any of our cruises, but now I wish we had.

If you can order as many lobster tails as you like, then why would anyone order the $30 whole lobster on the menu?:

F2DA298C-3475-4926-85ED-2621AB7A06ED.jpg

I don't understand why they offer that option.

TCD

I guess people pay it. But those pay options are offered every night, and lobster isn't. I didn't see anyone order a whole lobster on any night though. Of course, I wasn't really looking either. 

As far as the pictures, I've found people look best on vacation! Plus, even though I bought the digital picture package, it was the same as what we'd pay for a sitting and digital prints at home. And we got lots more pictures and on different days. 

But usually the lobster tails Restaurants serve come from the spiny lobster the kind you can get down in the Keys during lobster season. It doesn't have claws. IMHO Maine lobster tastes a lot better. Maybe it's the cold water or something.

My DW loves lobster night on cruises. She always gets my lobster after I take one tiny bite.

Allergic? I'd be sad! 

Not a braves fan at all.

I just like harassing Bob.

Texas Rangers all the way!!!

Ha ha ha! I think Aaron really is though. 

How do you know if Maine lobster tastes better if you're allergic?

I've eaten a lot of lobster in my day.  There's nothing wrong with a whole Maine lobster, and I imagine they're much better if you eat them in Maine, but it's not worth paying $30 for a Maine lobster, when you can get a couple of lobster tails without paying extra.  Plus there's no work involved with eating the lobster tail.

TCD

Thursday, April 3rd

Thanks to everyone who posted last round, especially the folks who don’t post much. See, it feels good to speak up, right?

Time for The Quest! This is an adult scavenger hunt. The audience is split into several teams, and each team has a male and female leader. The host calls out something that the teams need to bring to the floor. This can be an item or a person doing something. It starts pretty tame but gets a little crazy. I’ve heard that the European and especially South American sailings are super crazy in comparison. I do believe that The Quest is a show featured on every RCCL sailing.

We arrived early hoping to get a pretty good seat. We did.

F9F8910A-FBA8-4E93-9572-BC760E936B6B.jpg

Remember, this floor is the covered ice rink.

Selfie!

DCD79C9C-C8A5-42D8-9298-C7253A4D5F81.jpg

Pretty soon the show began. You can see these people racing around to find things.

931E48D1-03F4-4547-882E-27AC5D091601.jpg

Much excitement!

BD9EDB0F-D24E-47EC-B946-BA6B368552AC.jpg

For this challenge, they had to find someone on the team who could do a split. A couple of them came in at the last minute and slid to the middle. The audience loved it.

3BD34F8A-46C1-4CB7-A459-FE5553AAB97E.jpg

I’m not really sure what’s going on here, but there are a lot of dudes involved.

B8762C12-8E1C-43D8-8B72-F2DBC9C93423.jpg

Now I’ve made a hard decision. I’m not posting the rest of the pictures. I went back to them and there are people in their underwear. I don’t want to get myself into trouble. Let’s just say things get more adult and some men might have ended up being dressed as ladies.

Quest was funny. REALLY funny. We had a good time. And no, we didn’t give away any clothes.

It occurred to me when we went to pick up Z that I hadn’t taken pictures of the arcade which is conveniently (ha ha) located right next to the kids clubs. Luckily, Z was always so excited about other stuff, he never really noticed.

6DC0CFDF-FE8C-4AF6-AB14-8BEAF4F477D4.jpg

9C95E51D-576E-4FEC-A488-50F95C3BF18D.jpg

So sorry for the short, somewhat lame update. If you know DIT tricks, you can see the rest of the pictures.

Tomorrow, we head to our last port…. Cozumel, and Jason and I take Z to a place we visited on our honeymoon!

How do you know if Maine lobster tastes better if you're allergic?

I've eaten a lot of lobster in my day. There's nothing wrong with a whole Maine lobster, and I imagine they're much better if you eat them in Maine, but it's not worth paying $30 for a Maine lobster, when you can get a couple of lobster tails without paying extra. Plus there's no work involved with eating the lobster tail.

TCD

In my next Lou voice, again...

Hey knuckle head. Didn't you read my entire post? I said I wouldn't pay $39 also. I was simply letting some people who may not know the difference between the two.

I also said I take one bite of lobster and give it to my DW. I love it but it doesn't love me.

I'm also allergic to shrimp and crab. But I'll sneak a small shrimp off of my DW's plate. One won't kill me but 4 or 5 might. lol.

In my next Lou voice, again...

Hey knuckle head. Didn't you read my entire post? I said I wouldn't pay $39 also. I was simply letting some people who may not know the difference between the two.

I also said I take one bite of lobster and give it to my DW. I love it but it doesn't love me.

I'm also allergic to shrimp and crab. But I'll sneak a small shrimp off of my DW's plate. One won't kill me but 4 or 5 might. lol.

Nothing makes a vacation more special than anaphylactic shock in the middle of the ocean. 

Nothing makes a vacation more special than anaphylactic shock in the middle of the ocean.

That happened to my brother in Las Vegas. Fortunately his wife keeps an Epi pen in her purse. He can't even be in a room where they are cooking any sort of crustacean.

It's funny my father was allergic and 4 out of 5 boys, my son, most of nephews, and even my brother who's not allergic has two boys who are.

But not a single female in our family is allergic.

Strange isn't it?

Now I’ve made a hard decision. I’m not posting the rest of the pictures. I went back to them and there are people in their underwear. I don’t want to get myself into trouble. Let’s just say things get more adult and some men might have ended up being dressed as ladies.

If you know DIT tricks, you can see the rest of the pictures.

1. Apparently it was officially a party when the dudes end up in the ladies attire.

2. I looked. Not sure that was my best decision of the morning :D

Skeeball!!!!! 

I LOVE skeeball!!!

I'm thinking drunk skeeball would be even MORE fun!

Drunk skeeball on a potentially rocking vessel. New Olympic sport?

Oh fine, I'll come out of lurking and respond  :raspberry:  It's been a great report so far! We were on the Freedom this past October. It was our first Royal and have done 4 DCL. We prefer to stick with DCL but still had a nice time!

Your balcony is amazing! We usually book last minute and are not able to select our room. Your view and space is really making me want to book our next far in advance and select an aft balcony. Love it!