We need new tires on the camper... best price I've found, was at a local tire dealership that a camper store (a dealership that we really like) referred us to.  Tires are made by Triangle:  205/75/14 for $400 installed.  They are a 6 ply radial tire.

Is this good?  Is Triangle a good brand?  Our car tires are purchased from Discount, but this store was a few dollars cheaper however... Discount does have Taskmasker Provide ST Radial, also a 6 ply for just a couple of dollars more however.

Thoughts?

Pretty hard to find a tire not made in China now, even the name brands.

I have tried many shaped tires before, including triangle, but have found I get the best mileage and speed and acceleration with the round ones.

All consumer Goodyear tires you buy in the USA are made in either the USA or Canada.

When I bought my jeep a few years ago (used), it came with Chinese tires. I figured since they wee close to new, I'd run them and see how they do. They are wearing ok, but they suck in rain and snow. Seems the Chinese have some catching up to do when it comes to tread design and tire compounds.

Don't skimp on tires for any sized RV. There is an incredible amount of science and engineering that goes into tire design and construction. Going with the companies that have the most experience usually yields the best results. I just forked over $3500 for 8 new Goodyear motorhome tires before we made the 2000 mile journey to the fort and back last month. I could've gotten much cheaper, but my family's safety is worth going with the best.

All consumer Goodyear tires you buy in the USA are made in either the USA or Canada.

When I bought my jeep a few years ago (used), it came with Chinese tires. I figured since they wee close to new, I'd run them and see how they do. They are wearing ok, but they suck in rain and snow. Seems the Chinese have some catching up to do when it comes to tread design and tire compounds.

Don't skimp on tires for any sized RV. There is an incredible amount of science and engineering that goes into tire design and construction. Going with the companies that have the most experience usually yields the best results. I just forked over $3500 for 8 new Goodyear motorhome tires before we made the 2000 mile journey to the fort and back last month. I could've gotten much cheaper, but my family's safety is worth going with the best.

Tires and brakes never skimp.

What size tires does your vehicle call for? ...including load rating and/or ply rating?  And what kind of rig is it?  TT, Class C, Class A, other?

205/17/14.  Hybrid TT.  Weighs 3700 dry.  We could do a 15" tire, but the local trailer dealership said there's not really any benefit in that.  Double axle.

I don't know diddly about tires, but since we're past the 10th post... I keep seeing this thread getting bumped and every time I see "Triangle Tires" I think "No, no, no... triangle tires won't work nearly as well as the round ones"   8)

FWG snuck in that joke in post #6.  He is a rebel/rock-star and does not follow rules. 

TCD

I don't know diddly about tires, but since we're past the 10th post... I keep seeing this thread getting bumped and every time I see "Triangle Tires" I think "No, no, no... triangle tires won't work nearly as well as the round ones"   8)

I bet they would work ok once you got them up to speed, it would just be terrible getting them there.

• 2 weeks later...

We need new tires on the camper... best price I've found, was at a local tire dealership that a camper store (a dealership that we really like) referred us to.  Tires are made by Triangle:  205/75/14 for $400 installed.  They are a 6 ply radial tire.

Is this good? NO Is Triangle a good brand? NO Our car tires are purchased from Discount, but this store was a few dollars cheaper however... Discount does have Taskmasker Provide ST Radial, also a 6 ply for just a couple of dollars more however.

Thoughts? China bombs....stay away. Do yourself a favor and buy a set of Maxxis. Also have them balanced regardless of what they say.

What tires did you end up getting.  I need some new ones for the TT.  Also, I am in the same area as you, where did u find them?

My past week as been so crazy busy, that I haven't had them installed.  We're getting pretty crunched for time, and Discount can bring just about anything in within 24 hours, so we'll probably use them.  I did like the guy I talked to at Contractor's Tire in Marietta.  Three Way Campers referred us to them.  Still might use them, but Discount is only 10 minutes down the street.... compared to Contractor's which is 30-40 minutes.

What tires did you end up getting.  I need some new ones for the TT.  Also, I am in the same area as you, where did u find them?

Update:  I actually did NOT go with Discount, but rather went with Contractor's Tire who brought in Maxxis tires for me.  Nice experience (I worked with Gene).  The shop itself is not set up like Discount (I didn't go into their small office, but to pay, however I don't believe there was a waiting area).  They appear to work mostly with the big boys (very large working trucks) and then the campers that Three Way refers to them.  Not that this is a bad thing (I mean you're there for tires...right?), but I thought I'd let you know.  Will say, that they got us in/out faster than Discount ever has...even though they had several trucks in their bays.

Interesting....   I had never heard on Contractor's Tire.  I have done a lot of business with Three Way and live nearby and didn't know anything about the place.   I will check them out.  I am taking a look at the tires and doing a short tow with it this weekend so I will have a better idea of their condition and how soon I need to replace them.

Thanks!