The Helmsey's travel to Defeated Creek

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed your report!  Great job. 

Feeding the fish is always a must-do for us.  Those suckers can eat. 

Breakfast looks fantastic. 

The Bestway closed probably 2 years ago now....presumably a victim of the new Super Walmart down the road.  The old Walmart sat directly across the street from the Bestway but was one of the old ones without groceries.  It's really sad....the Bestway was a small, locally owned store with a great butcher shop right on site.  We always would fill our freezer on the way out of town, as the meat prices couldn't be beat compared to the Publix back home.  Ah well, progress I suppose.  :(   Fortunately for me, we have a similar local store about 5 minutes from my house that I really like.  But the prices are not as good as the Bestway was. 

Thumbs up on the Tater Tots for breakfast!

You did a great job on this TR!

I'm looking forward to the Fort one.

TCD

Thanks, we are ready to get there!

Great trip report, and breakfast also looked great, and I'm with you I just love watching the Sunday exit from the campgrounds.

I don't know why I like to watch that so much, but it's enjoyable. Maybe it's cause those unlucky folks have to head back to the real world and I have another day to be there.

Great Report!

Looking forward to your Fort Wilderness one.

Thanks!

Enjoyed your report!  Great job. 

Feeding the fish is always a must-do for us.  Those suckers can eat. 

Breakfast looks fantastic. 

The Bestway closed probably 2 years ago now....presumably a victim of the new Super Walmart down the road.  The old Walmart sat directly across the street from the Bestway but was one of the old ones without groceries.  It's really sad....the Bestway was a small, locally owned store with a great butcher shop right on site.  We always would fill our freezer on the way out of town, as the meat prices couldn't be beat compared to the Publix back home.  Ah well, progress I suppose.  :(   Fortunately for me, we have a similar local store about 5 minutes from my house that I really like.  But the prices are not as good as the Bestway was. 

I keep forgetting the TR you did (and was the reason we took this trip) was back in 2011 and a LOT has changed since then.

Great trip report! Looks so peaceful and relaxing.  How old are your adorable DDs?

Thanks, it was relaxing.

DD1 just turned 1 in early April

DD2 will turn into DD3 in August

Great report.  Have a wonderful time at the Fort!

Thank you! We can't wait to get there.

I'm late to the game but great report!

Thank you for sharing.

WBI

Thanks for stopping by and checking it out.

Thank You for sharing, it was a great trip report... 

Thank you!

Awesome report!!!  Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! 

Great report!

Thanks for all the pood forn.

The CG looks gorgeous.

Thanks! I should have had more to share, but some of the pics I grabbed when I thought about it weren't worth posting.

Enjoyed it!!! Looks like a great spot.

Thanks! You guys should make the trip up and check it out. Too bad the GG falls in football season, and not an away game for you guys.

Great report.
Great pictures.
Your girls are adorable.
Breakfast looked great and I agree, fresh eggs taste so much better than the store bought.

Thanks!

Really great report!  Definitely makes me excited to go there!

I'm excited for the possibility of making it back later this year, just not sure if we can pull it off.