• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dragon was in a cold place and hungry. Everyone knows fat guys in ear muffs make the best eating. He's not controlling her. He's trying to get out before the gears grind him up and feed him to the

Yes, she had a free weekend, and she used it to visit Ireland.  See details below.     Thanks for the link.  Did you see the webcam?  It shows that this is a super-busy intersection.  Twin #1's photo

I don't read TRs. And y'all need to stay off the buses!!!

Great updates!

The Flag Retreat in MK is a very moving ceremony.  I saw it for the first time on our last trip and highly recommend it.

I agree, Gwen.

It is not something that we have stopped to enjoy very many times, but they go a great job with it, and this is something that I salute Disney for doing!

I was late to the party, but as always ...  You delivered !!!   Thank you Andrew !

You are quite welcome!

But, don't go away yet, there's more!

Thanks for another great TR.

Props on the new roof and new fence pics.

Thanks for reading.

Check back later today-there's another day trip!

Got one better (spoiler alert to my TR)

img_0953_zpsfe5fa4a6.jpg

Very good!

I see you went with the biscuit/cornbread combo.  And Cowboy Beans.  And all while meat!  You are a pro!

And, that may be the best GAG photo I've ever seen.

Got to say your GaG looks better.

Agreed.

Looks like a professional photograph.

I may print it and frame it, and keep it on my desk next to the pictures of my wife and kids!

GAG is good.

All the time.

Nice report hope your there again and the weather is not keeping you away.

Saturday was nasty.

Sunday was awesome.

So, we loaded up and headed that way.

Stand by.

He has something similar. He bought components and built his own.

M8k3Cpf.jpg

The white one I showed you requires no assembly. It's turnkey.

We're heading to the Smokies soon and he's already lamenting that he won't be able to take the quad with him. (There's not a lot of trunk space in a Miata!)

Yes, my husband has had some excitement with his too. He crashed it into a tree and some of the propellers came off. They were bright yellow and somehow one went missing. We both scoured the area and still can't figure out how we were unable to locate an 8" bright yellow plastic propeller. Oh well. It gave him an excuse to buy new ones.

That is really cool!

And he made it himself?

I'd love to see one of his photos!

From one Miata owner to another, I so agree!

I think I could put a Miata in the back of the TCD Big Blue Excursion.

I don't think I could handle a Miata.

Noooooooooo!!!!!

I know.

What's the deal?

Bring back the toad!

TCD

I would love to comment on a great TCD TR...but I forget how.  

Well, that's what you get for going MIA for so long.

I hope you remember how soon.

In the meantime, it's good to see a post from you.  I hope this means a trip to the Fort is on the horizon for the CKCK Gang.

TCD got CKCK to comment! Wow! (And welcome back)

x2

Thanks for another great trip report!

You are most welcome.

But, as luck would have it, this one ain't done yet.

Please stand by.

TCD

Some of the TCD gang made it back to WDW on Sunday, May 4th.

Twin #1 couldn't make it.  She had to pack.

Yesterday, I drove her and a friend to Miami so they could hop a plane to Paris.  She won't be back until June 1.

That's why there was no update yesterday.

I was doing this:

airport_zpse5dfd00d.jpg

Sunset as seen from Alligator Alley (love bugs are back):

everglades_zps1164d87c.jpg

From a middle-of-the-night Snapchat from Twin #1:

plane_zps87dc43b0.png

This morning, I took the oldest TCD DD to the airport so she could head back to Auburn.

Twin #2 is home for two weeks, then she's off to begin an internship for the summer.

But, I have a bunch of photos from Sunday.

And there's time for maybe one more day trip.

Onward!

TCD

I think I could put a Miata in the back of the TCD Big Blue Excursion.

I don't think I could handle a Miata.

:rofl2:

My Miata is the most fun car I've ever driven!  It's a six-speed manual.  I love taking it up to the mountains and zooming through curvy backwoods roads.

Wow, your girls are busy this summer!  Looking forward to your next update!

:rofl2:

My Miata is the most fun car I've ever driven!  It's a six-speed manual.  I love taking it up to the mountains and zooming through curvy backwoods roads.

Wow, your girls are busy this summer!  Looking forward to your next update!

I can see the attraction of the Miata, but if you can't bring your drone with you, then it's not for me.

The girls do have a busy summer, and it's not even summer yet.

I'm in.... again!

Paris, that's exciting and worth missing WDW. 

Yeah, I guess it was worth it.

She was convinced that we would be able to catch a soft opening for the Mine Train.  it turns out that we didn't.  So, she made the right choice to stay home and pack.

I'm back for more updates.

Wishing Twin#1 a safe and fun trip. Will you be sharing her pictures with us along the way? I sure hope so.

I will definitely share any photos that I can intercept.

It's 6 hours ahead of us there, so she is just now finishing her first day.  No pics so far.

I'm sure she's been busy, and she also has to be tired.  They flew out of Miami at 8:40 pm, and it was 11 am in Paris when they landed.  I don't think there was any sleeping done on the flight.

TCD

As mentioned, there was another day trip on Sunday, May 4.

May the 4th be with you?

I wanted to go to Hollywood Studios and see the freak show.

The remaining TCD DD's vetoed that idea.  They wanted to go to MK and eat lunch at BOG and see the new parade again.  That actually was a better plan.

So, I made FP+ reservations for the afternoon.

That left us some time in the morning to try a rope drop and to try to use our spare MagicBands to score FP+'s at a second park.

We decided on AK.  We never made it there on our last Fort trip, and I also thought we might have the best day-of FP+ luck there.

AK opened at 8, though.

We decided that rope drop really wasn't necessary.

So, we left a little later.

But, still we made it to the park entrance by a little after 9.

We didn't realize that the Expedition Everest Challenge had apparently been hosted at the AK the night before.  Part of the parking lot was still blocked off with porta potties and the temporary fencing that they use for races.  They were still in the process of removing all of that when we arrived.  Which made the parking lot seem extra busy.

And, to make matters worse, the entrance scanners apparently locked up just as we lined up to enter:

5414001_zps56af6934.jpg

Fortunately, that problem got solved quickly, and we were on our way in.

We had just passed the stroller rental area when something caught my eye:

5414002_zpsecdfa47e.jpg

That evil plant scooped that kid up and ate him whole:

5414003_zps876c5e11.jpg

DIT is right- that thing is a menace.

As mentioned, I wanted to see if I could score some extra FP+'s here, so I was on the lookout for a MDE kiosk.  I didn't see any near the entrance, so we kept going.  We were going to try to ride EE standby anyway, so we headed back that way.

Finally, in the area across from the Yak and Yeti, we saw a group of CM's with IPads, and I stopped to see if I could schedule some FP+'s on the extra MB's I had.  I had the three extra MB's in my hand, and asked the CM if I could schedule some FP+'s on them.  She asked to scan the MB on my wrist, which had our MK FP+ reservations on it.  I said I didn't want to scan that one, I wanted to use the three I was holding.  She asked if they had been used to enter the park.  I told her no.  She said I couldn't schedule FP+'s on them- that only MB's that were used to enter the park could be used. So fail.  No extra FP+'s for me.  Where I think I went wrong here was having a MB on my wrist and the others in my hand.   I think if I had swapped out one of those MB's and had it on my wrist that the CM wouldn't have even questioned me.  Oh well, we needed to get to EE anyway.  I figured I would try again at another station in a little while.

So, we headed to EE.  The posted wait time was 10 minutes, and it didn't look busy.  In we went.  They had the part of the queue that is supposed to be a tea plantation open:

5414004_zpsc9711a59.jpg

5414005_zps33552c4d.jpg

We hadn't walked through any of this in a while:

5414006_zps3abf0e96.jpg

On a previous visit here, I snapped some photos of the new video display screens they have in the queue, and we discovered that they made references to old Disney movies.  I have noticed signs like this in the queue before, so I snapped a photo of this one:

5414007_zpsf70e1abc.jpg

As far as I can tell, Pema Dorje is not a Disney character of any kind.  He may be and actual person. I don't know if that name has any significance.

I love the Yeti museum, and you miss it if you ride FastPass.  So, getting to go through the museum was a bonus for us.  I especially like this display which shows evidence of a Yeti attack from a "found" camera:

5414011_zps82539cba.jpg

The TCD DD's said that this looks like my face when I found out that I couldn't get extra FP+'s on the way to the ride today:

5414013_zps607bbb25.jpg

If you look at some of the electric work around the queue, it's no wonder the Yeti doesn't work anymore:

5414014_zps4aa64620.jpg

Here's another reference to Dr. Dorje:

5414015_zpsaf8740ad.jpg

Those video screens we saw on a previous trip remain covered:

5414017_zps5383ccd7.jpg

5414019_zps89a2a0e1.jpg

That's weird.  Why did they have big video screens installed and then cover them up?

I noticed that the plant life around the loading area is back to normal.  Here's how things looked this morning:

5414020_zps23e05e08.jpg

5414021_zpsfb656db9.jpg

5414022_zps90344b09.jpg

Here are some photos take in the same area in the summer of 2012:

115.jpg

116.jpg

118.jpg

Back then, you could see the building they use to store the ride vehicles.  Now, everything has grown back:

5414023_zps3573c4ab.jpg

5414024_zpscd3829b2.jpg

Look at that blue sky above the lift hill:

5414025_zps23789dfd.jpg

The temple:

5414026_zps9af54f80.jpg

I like trying to spot WDW landmarks from up here:

5414027_zpsa85712b0.jpg

You can see the Tree of Life in that last photo.

And, this is the view from the other side:

5414028_zps0cf189a2.jpg

The track is still broken at the top.  Are they ever going to get this fixed?:

5414029_zps1e8a81e9.jpg

If you look off in the distance, you can see a lone building in that beautiful wooded area - that's the Four Seasons abomination:

5414030_zpsd9aa8867.jpg

That darn Yeti chased us into the mountain, and tore up even more track:

5414033_zps4ec024c5.jpg

On the way back to the station, we parked it here for a couple of minutes.  I could see ahead that a guest had forgotten something in her train, and was getting the CM's to retrieve it.  So we just had to sit and wait:

5414034_zpsbdd9948d.jpg

5414035_zps9dbfc992.jpg

Because we had to wait for the stupid lady, our ride photos had already posted and were gone before we got a chance to see them.  Stupid lady.  I got gypped out of my free photo.

When we finished that ride, we stopped to discuss what should be next.  As we discussed this, we noticed that the standby line was still short.  The posted time said 20 minutes, but the line didn't look any longer.  So we decided to go again.

I'll pick it up from there in the next update.

TCD

Finally, in the area across from the Yak and Yeti, we saw a group of CM's with IPads, and I stopped to see if I could schedule some FP+'s on the extra MB's I had.  I had the three extra MB's in my hand, and asked the CM if I could schedule some FP+'s on them.  She asked to scan the MB on my wrist, which had our MK FP+ reservations on it.  I said I didn't want to scan that one, I wanted to use the three I was holding.  She asked if they had been used to enter the park.  I told her no.  She said I couldn't schedule FP+'s on them- that only MB's that were used to enter the park could be used. So fail.  No extra FP+'s for me.  Where I think I went wrong here was having a MB on my wrist and the others in my hand.   I think if I had swapped out one of those MB's and had it on my wrist that the CM wouldn't have even questioned me.  Oh well, we needed to get to EE anyway.  I figured I would try again at another station in a little while.

***[snip]***

On the way back to the station, we parked it here for a couple of minutes.  I could see ahead that a guest had forgotten something in her train, and was getting the CM's to retrieve it.  So we just had to sit and wait:

5414034_zpsbdd9948d.jpg

First, that's very interesting information about the wrist MB vs. the in-the-hand MB.  Good info.  I'll be very interested to see how this goes when you try again, presumably after switching MBs...

Second, I hate it when a coaster stops like that - I all the sudden become terrified that we are going to get smashed by the next train from behind.  I'm sure that's not a rational fear, but I can't help but to go there when that happens.

Third, and most important, how do you do a multi-quote for the same post?  I couldn't figure out how to do that.  And here I thought I was all techno-savy and all.

Glad you made it back for another trip!  Glad Twin # 1 (or # 2?  I get confused...) made it to Paris safely.  Can't wait to her about her trip too!

REMINDER:  YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO PROVIDE WARNINGS BEFORE POSTING PHOTOS OF THE WEED!! 

You are right!!

My apologies.

But now you know how I felt when that weed popped out from behind the stroller rental building and grabbed that kid.

Since when does he/she/it lurk around there?

First, that's very interesting information about the wrist MB vs. the in-the-hand MB.  Good info.  I'll be very interested to see how this goes when you try again, presumably after switching MBs...

Yeah, it could be that they're already cracking down on people using more than one MB. But, the fact that the CM asked me leads me to believe that they can't tell. So, it's still possible that they can be used. I DID use extra MB's just a week ago to get extra FP+'s.

Second, I hate it when a coaster stops like that - I all the sudden become terrified that we are going to get smashed by the next train from behind.  I'm sure that's not a rational fear, but I can't help but to go there when that happens.

I never even thought about getting hit from behind. But now I always will. Thanks for that.

Third, and most important, how do you do a multi-quote for the same post?  I couldn't figure out how to do that.  And here I thought I was all techno-savy and all.

I'm not sure if there's an easier way to do it, but the way I do it is to click the button in the top left of the reply box- which turns on the code.

I have it circled in this screen-cap:

multiquote_zpsb96e7b30.jpg

Then I copy and paste the extra code beginning and ends that I need around the quoted language. And then hit post. It works.

Glad you made it back for another trip!  Glad Twin # 1 (or # 2?  I get confused...) made it to Paris safely.  Can't wait to her about her trip too!

Twin #1 is in Paris. I get confused too.

I will share photos when she sends them. She is already heading to bed tonight after a long first day there. Tomorrow is a tour of the city, and lots of photos have been promised.

I wonder if they're going to crack down on the use of other people's magic bands. It will be interesting to see what happens next time you try. I'm guessing you will after the second time on EE, so don't disappoint.

I think the crackdown has already begun. I'll tell you what happened on this visit in that regard in the very next update.

TCD

I never even thought about getting hit from behind. But now I always will. Thanks for that.

You're welcome.

I'm not sure if there's an easier way to do it, but the way I do it is to click the button in the top right of the reply box- which turns on the code.

I have it circled in this screen-cap:

multiquote_zpsb96e7b30.jpg

Then I copy and paste the extra code beginning and ends that I need around the quoted language. And then hit post. It works.

Well, hot dang. It works! Thanks! (But you appear to have the same problem we discovered that Jodi has when she started driving - difficulty remembering right from left...  It made those first hair-raising drives even more exciting.)

Well, hot dang. It works! Thanks! (But you appear to have the same problem we discovered that Jodi has when she started driving - difficulty remembering right from left...  It made those first hair-raising drives even more exciting.)

Hey, you're a fast learner!

You got me on that right/left mistake.  I do it a lot.  Good thing I included a picture.

And you want to talk about hair-raising?  You should have been there when I taught the twins how to drive.

I don't know how we all lived through that.

My grey hair ( which came from my oldest daughter) turned white.

TCD

And you want to talk about hair-raising?  You should have been there when I taught the twins how to drive.

I don't know how we all lived through that.

My grey hair ( which came from my oldest daughter) turned white.

Our daughter learned to drive with an automatic transmission.  But both our boys learned and passed the test with a manual.  I got to teach them.  We had a Jeep CJ-5 for the first son to learn on and a Nissan 240Z for the second son.  It's a wonder the transmissions didn't get stripped out.  And yet my hair didn't turn white.  I guess I taught them well because none of them have ever caused an accident.  And 2 out of 3 have never even had a ticket.

Our daughter learned to drive with an automatic transmission.  But both our boys learned and passed the test with a manual.  I got to teach them.  We had a Jeep CJ-5 for the first son to learn on and a Nissan 240Z for the second son.  It's a wonder the transmissions didn't get stripped out.  And yet my hair didn't turn white.  I guess I taught them well because none of them have ever caused an accident.  And 2 out of 3 have never even had a ticket.

My older sister and I learned to drive in a manual VW Beetle.  I never knew that NJ was hilly until I tried using the clutch to start from a stop on a street with an incline.

As we used to say "if you can't find it-grind it."

woo hoo.

There, I remembered.

It's all coming back now.

That's a long trip to Paris. Y'all know there is one in Epcot right.

My thoughts exactly.

I had everyone convinced that there was no need for us to travel anywhere else, since we could see it all at WDW.  New York Street?  They got that.  View of the Golden Gate bridge? They got that.  A canyon?  They got that.  Hang gliding in California?  They got that.  And then there are all the countries you can visit in Epcot. 

Then they go off to college and the commie professors fill their heads with crazy ideas about seeing the world.

Good luck with your daughter.

Bonus!

Double bonus.

Paris photos are trickling in.

Finally caught up. Ready for some more updates!

Good.

Updates are on the way.

TCD