Usually you have watched on Main St or near the hub or am I remembering wrong. If so maybe they are running out of bubble liquid by the time they get there?

I have now watched the parade three times.  Twice in Frontierland and once on Main Street.  Looking at the earlier Main Street photos in this thread, I can't see any bubbles coming from the Ariel or Pinocchio floats.  You would think that they would know how much bubble liquid they need.  But, who knows?

There have been little differences in each performance e.g. the Sleeping Beauty fairies not rolling, the Cinderella or Tiana/A&E spinners not working, no fire from the dragon.  Disney used to be all about the details,  but not so much anymore.

Guess the dragon didn't have 'Ohana the night before.....

You have fit in here very nicely.

Good one.

Extra points for correct apostrophe placement.

We had FP+, I wanted to be sure we could get in and out as soon as possible.

Way to Go!

FP+ rocks at BOG.

When you can get it.

TCD

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dragon was in a cold place and hungry. Everyone knows fat guys in ear muffs make the best eating. He's not controlling her. He's trying to get out before the gears grind him up and feed him to the

Yes, she had a free weekend, and she used it to visit Ireland.  See details below.     Thanks for the link.  Did you see the webcam?  It shows that this is a super-busy intersection.  Twin #1's photo

I don't read TRs. And y'all need to stay off the buses!!!

Yes, they are really a thing, really popular with frequent fliers, to drown out the airplane noise

I don't own a pair, cause the airplane noise doesn't bother me.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/quietcomfort_15/index.jsp&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=34-180802956-2&perfsourceid=K22350&src=K22350

Well, it looks like this is the end for this little TR.

There is not another day trip on the horizon for the TCD gang.

So, best to just get this little report in the can, so we'll be ready to start the next one.

We left off with us watching the end of the parade pass us by in Frontierland.  Next on the agenda was using our FP+'s at Space Mountain.

We toyed with the idea of heading to the train station and taking the train to the Storybook Circus stop, and then walking from there.  But, we figured a lot of other guests might have that same idea to get out of the area, so we decided to let the initial mob shuffle by and then head toward Tomorrowland.

We waited a few minutes, and the crowd didn't clear.  If anything, it got worse.  The problem is that the parade moves slowly, and guests trying to head through the hub had nowhere to go.  We wanted to cut through between HM and Columbia Harbor House.  But, it was basically gridlock:

5414177_zpsbfd9a376.jpg

You know what's amazing?

The number of people who will just stop dead in the middle of a path and just stand there to discuss what they should do.

We slowly waded through that mob, and made it to Space Mountain.

One of the girls wanted to try the new phone charging station that we had looked at earlier in this report.

This is the photo from the earlier day trip:

42714078_zps89873ca0.jpg

What I didn't know then, but I know now is that when a door is glowing red like that, it means a phone is in there and charging.  So, this station was full and all spaces were in use when I took that photo.  This is how it looked today.  But we didn't know what the glowing red meant until after we swiped a credit card.  Then the machine told us the bad news.

Oh well, I said- let's ride the ride and see if anything is open when we finish.

So we rode:

5414179_zpsb280460f.jpg

When we finished, we checked the charging station again.  This time, we couldn't get near it because a crowd of a dozen or so cheerleaders surrounded it.  Oh.  I see.  I guess they had taken all the available spaces and had gone on the ride.  This might be good, I thought- maybe they would all take their phones and clear out.    No such luck.  As we stood there, we could hear then making arrangements to swap out phones and keep all the spaces for themselves.  Bottom line- they need more of these charging stations.

We decided to take a Frozen Lemonade break. 

As we were fishing up, my DD said she wanted to check the charging station one more time.  So she did.  This time, there was a space open!  But, this one didn't have a connection for iPhones.  It turns out that certain spaces can only charge certain phones.  So, the thing is pretty much useless.  Now you know.

Next up, we had Haunted Mansion FP+'s.  So we headed there and rode.  Got to do the same trick in the stretching room, which shaves a lot of time off of the wait.

Then it was time for some more research.

Fellow Fiend Devores had shared a possible trick to meet Anna and Elsa with a short wait.

According to the official times guides, the Frozen girls stop meeting at 5 pm each day.

According to Devores, they actually have been meeting until 7, and guests have had luck jumping in line right before 5 and meeting them with a short wait.

So, at 4:56 pm, we presented ourselves at the entrance of Princess Fairy Tale Hall to see if this trick worked.

At first, it looked good.  The CM let us in, and we were almost able to enter the inside part of the queue right away.  The outside part was empty:

5414180_zps1b649613.jpg

By 5:02 we were inside.  In the air conditioning:

5414181_zps5fcd7563.jpg

But, then nothing happened.  Except guests kept lining up behind us.

The line did not move.

It didn't look like this was gong to be a 15 minute wait, as we had been led to believe.

So we split.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

As we left, I saw that the CM was still admitting guests to the queue:

5414182_zps5df3ac6f.jpg

Here's a closer look at him:

aequeue_zps65007f45.jpg

So, the trick does not seem to be jumping in line before 5.  Rather, maybe the trick would be to jump in line before 7?

One thing that irritates me to no end about this A & E fiasco is the obviously inflated wait times they post.  Here, at 5:12 pm, they are telling guests that the wait is 205 minutes.  Or, 3 hours and 25 minutes:

5414183_zps6557afe9.jpg

If that is true, then that means a guest entering the queue at 5:12 pm, which is when I took that photo, would not meet the Frozen girls until 8:37 pm.  Really?  I thought they leave at 7?  Are they going to stick around for that last hour and 37 minutes?

What good does lying about the wait times do anyone?

At this point my report is that jumping into the A & E line before 5 pm does not get you anything worth the effort it takes to do that.

Now, for some more research.

Just the week before this trip, Disney generously announced that guests who used their daily ration of 3 FP+'s would be eligible for more FP+'s, one at a time, and only from the in-park kiosks.

I was skeptical that this was as wonderful as all the FP+ lovers thought.

So, it was time to see for ourselves.

We went to the nearest kiosk location.

Which for us was the one outside of Mickey's Philharmagic.  From what I've observed, this is one of the busiest kiosk locations, and it is probably a better idea to try another one.  The one by Storybook Circus, for example.

But, we weren't going to walk all the way over there for this.

So we got in line with the rest of the suckers hoping for that 4th FP+:

5414184_zps94159231.jpg

As I've noted before,  I think these kiosks were intended to be self service, but the whole FP+ is so buggy, they have a CM assigned to each kiosk, and another one directing guests to the kiosks as they oh-so-slowly became available:

5414185_zps99fd9bc4.jpg

We got a grumpy CM.

I don't blame him for being grumpy.

He has to stand there all day and use that crappy MDE system and deal with guests arriving with high expectations and give them a dose of reality all day.

We told him we would like a 4th FP+ please.

First, he had to scan all of our MB"s.

We might be lying, you know.

Or stupid.

After several minutes of trying to get the kiosk to work, he announced that we were eligible to try for a 4th FP.

He asked us what we would like.

I asked him what was available.

He said it doesn't work that way.

We had to ask, and then he could tell us if it was available.

How stupid is that?

Why couldn't he just tell us what our choices were?

I asked him if he could check FP+ availability at other parks.

He said no.

The only way to do that is to go to that park and stand in line there and ask the grouchy CM there.

How stupid is that?

So, we had to think of an attraction at the MK and then the CM would check for us.

I have no doubt that if we had picked the Tea Cups or Stitch that we might get a decent FP+ return time.

But,  I wanted to know what would happened if we asked for a big ride.

So, we asked him to check Space Mountain.

He did.

We could get FP+'s for 10:20 pm.  Remember, this was at about 5:15 pm.

Gee, thanks!

How wonderful.

I guess Disney thinks us stupid guests will forget how it used to be possible to pull paper FP's at 5:15 pm at Space Mountain for a much better return time than that.  And, we also would have been able to get more paper FP's by at least 7:15, which would have given us double the FP rides as this new system was offering us.

Honestly, I wasn't disappointed, because I expected as much.

The 4th FP+ is a  sham.

They just introduced it to keep guests from complaining about being limited the 3 FP's a day.  The truth of the matter is that this 4th FP is pretty much useless.

So, here we were out of FP's.

I guess that meant it was time for us to go.

So we did.

I would have gone to the Fort again for a GAG.

But, the girls preferred that we head home and stop some place to eat on the way home.

So, we headed out.

Maybe that was for the best.  It looks like they were using one of those slow boats for the Fort today:

5414186_zps95f33fe8.jpg

And, that's the last photo from the last day trip.

I don't have any more.

This TR is done.

TCD

Hate to see this ending. 

I wonder if you could have gotten a Pirates or JC FP+ as your 4th. I'm thinking mid-level attractions would work best. I'm sure they'll eventually open it to booking via phones, and that will help a lot. 

Yes, I think the best strategy for the 4th FP+ would be to start with a small or mid-level attraction, and then keep getting successive FP+'s as you can.

But, before they created this mess, you could pretty much walk-on Pirates and Haunted Mansion without a FP on a day like the one we were visiting.  So, how is any of this an improvement?

TCD

It took about 10 minutes to get to the kiosk.

Then about another 5 or so for the CM to finish his thing.

I remember when I could wait for a ride in less than 15 minutes.

TCD

That's 15 minutes of your life you will never get back.  Way to go, Disney.  Maybe if they have another Billion laying around they could figure out a way to ruin something else. 

They should start posting standby times for the FP+ kiosk on the MDE app.

Better yet, FP+ selections for FP+ kiosks.  I know, I know.  It defeats the purpose, but I'm sure some stupid soul would fall for it.

When we were in HS, there were CMs with FP+ paddle signs all over the place.  No customers.  

And when I went to use the kiosk in AK, it was maybe a 2 minute wait.  And that was for the CM with the super-duper ipad.

Have you seen an increase in the kiosk lines since the roll-out of the 4th FP or is it just bad luck?

That's 15 minutes of your life you will never get back.  Way to go, Disney.  Maybe if they have another Billion laying around they could figure out a way to ruin something else.

Oh come on.

Don't be an ingrate.

You get a nifty wristband.

I hate to see this TR end too!

We're early morning people.  Our FPs are usually scheduled before lunch.  I wonder if we'd have as much trouble getting that fourth FP since we'd be asking for it so much earlier in the day.

That seems logical.

I think that's the way to go.  But, the one thing I don't like about the plan to book all early FP+'s is that you can still ride a lot of rides stand-by if you get to a park at rope drop.  So, it makes sense to save those FP+'s for a busier time of day-it's kind of a waste to use them in the morning.

They should start posting standby times for the FP+ kiosk on the MDE app.

Better yet, FP+ selections for FP+ kiosks.  I know, I know.  It defeats the purpose, but I'm sure some stupid soul would fall for it.

When we were in HS, there were CMs with FP+ paddle signs all over the place.  No customers. 

And when I went to use the kiosk in AK, it was maybe a 2 minute wait.  And that was for the CM with the super-duper ipad.

Have you seen an increase in the kiosk lines since the roll-out of the 4th FP or is it just bad luck?

LOL!  A FP+ for the FP+ kiosk.

That's a big affirmative at the kiosk lines becoming swamped now that there's a 4th FP+ option.

They were busy when non-resort guests had to use them, and then they were deserted after MDE opened up to everyone.  Now, they're swamped again.  All of the locations at AK had long lines when we tried to use them in the morning, and all the ones at the MK were bad in the afternoon.  No more just walking up there and getting helped.  Get in line.

TCD

Well, I may not be taking any day trips in the immediate future, but Twin #1 has been.

Here she is in front of some old church in Paris:

notredame_zpscb24e8a5.jpg

notredame2_zps5aeb75e0.jpg

And on a bridge across some creek:

seine_zpsab4ce180.jpg

And at Louie the something's palace:

versailles_zpsf8582517.jpg

I think that girl has had enough French to last a while.  But she sill had the rest of this week there.

TCD

Andrew, sorry for just getting caught up on this report so late. Great report as always and great attention to detail. A few things:

1. The jury us still out for me about FP+. I am so OCD I am starting to like having my plans made before hand.

2. I knew the 4th FP would be a joke and just something to appease the haters of the 3FP only. I guess it would work if you scheduled your first 3 at 8, 9 and 10 then maybe your chances on a decent attraction and time may be possible

3. The best thing about seeing long lines at the FP kiosk just goes to show how many people still don't use or don't know how to use the MDE app. This is probably why it's not so difficult to get a FP for a good attraction at a good time

4. The multiple park 4th FP is another joke if you have to travel to that park to make it just to probably get a "not available" once there

5. Going way back in your trip, I would love to see the resort monorail go back to being just the resort monorail. We all pay top dollar to stay at the resorts and with the addition of a new ferry dock and more buses, it should go back to how it was

6. I like the new parade but agree that they are just too darn high. Christmas will be a big let down with no garland

7. Why a single high top table on the porch at TE? Is that supposed to make us trailer trash feel like we are not forgotten?

8. Sounds like it's finally time for the first solo day trip to Disney for TCD to use just for investigating purposes. I'm sure you could o be heck of a trip report on just things and places we have never seen or been at.

9. Looking forward to reading the next topic where you are busted drinking Starbucs....lol

As usual,  you delivered an incredible TR and I thank you and the family.  I'm glad she is enjoying France, and I look forward to more photos from Surrender City.

I'm not sure how many more France photos there will be.  She has two days of classes, and then will be moving on toward London.

I know there's a visit to Normandy before that.

Andrew, sorry for just getting caught up on this report so late. Great report as always and great attention to detail. A few things:

1. The jury us still out for me about FP+. I am so OCD I am starting to like having my plans made before hand.

2. I knew the 4th FP would be a joke and just something to appease the haters of the 3FP only. I guess it would work if you scheduled your first 3 at 8, 9 and 10 then maybe your chances on a decent attraction and time may be possible

3. The best thing about seeing long lines at the FP kiosk just goes to show how many people still don't use or don't know how to use the MDE app. This is probably why it's not so difficult to get a FP for a good attraction at a good time

4. The multiple park 4th FP is another joke if you have to travel to that park to make it just to probably get a "not available" once there

5. Going way back in your trip, I would love to see the resort monorail go back to being just the resort monorail. We all pay top dollar to stay at the resorts and with the addition of a new ferry dock and more buses, it should go back to how it was

6. I like the new parade but agree that they are just too darn high. Christmas will be a big let down with no garland

7. Why a single high top table on the porch at TE? Is that supposed to make us trailer trash feel like we are not forgotten?

8. Sounds like it's finally time for the first solo day trip to Disney for TCD to use just for investigating purposes. I'm sure you could o be heck of a trip report on just things and places we have never seen or been at.

9. Looking forward to reading the next topic where you are busted drinking Starbucs....lol

Great post- just like the Rusty Scrapper with the numbers and all.

I think eventually the FP+ system will work better than it does now, but I'm convinced that it will never be better for the savvy guest than the system it has replaced.  What we have to remember is that Disney did not devise this new system for the benefit of the guest, they spent the money and are going through this painful process in the hope that they will be able to cram more guests into the parks, and pick their pockets clean.

Interesting idea about the resort monorail, and not something that I thought about, but you're right, there was once a time that you needed to show a resort ID to ride the resort monorail.  Maybe something like that is coming.

I agree with you 100% about the parade- I like it, but I'm going to miss the Christmas garland.  I would like to think that they will come up with some other decorations to replace the garland.  But, I'm not holding my breath.

That single high-top on the porch is weird.  I initially thought that they had moved it out there because they needed room for something else inside.  But, I don't think they have high tops inside anymore.

I never thought I'd ever do a solo trip- and I still don't plan on one, but it would be fun to see what I could see.

Yeah, I got busted good drinking a Starbucks.  It's my dirty little secret-I like Starbucks.  I think that demonic mermaid must have hypnotized me.  So, it's not my fault.  Don't look in her eyes.

TCD

Great TR as always.

Twin#1's trip sounds a lot like our son,CJ's, trip to China last summer.

Three weeks with some classes and sightseeing.

He liked it so much, that he is going back for the fall semester.

We won't see him till graduation next year, however I am trying to work a Christmas trip to Denver into the budget.

The whole FP+ thing has me very distressed. It seems like it's sucking all the spontaneous fun out of a trip to Disney. I sincerely hope they get it straightened out by September 2015.

On a happy note, I totally enjoyed your day trippin' and the bonus France photos. 

Normandy photos would be very much appreciated.

Please and thank you to Twin #1.

I think that can be arranged.

Great TR as always.

Twin#1's trip sounds a lot like our son,CJ's, trip to China last summer.

Three weeks with some classes and sightseeing.

He liked it so much, that he is going back for the fall semester.

We won't see him till graduation next year, however I am trying to work a Christmas trip to Denver into the budget.

Yes, the "Study Abroad" thing has become big business.

The schools seem to really push it.  I'm sure they get a nice kickback.  The professors get a free trip.  The students earn hours and get to sightsee.

It's a win/win/win for everyone.

Except for the guy who has to pay for it.

The whole FP+ thing has me very distressed. It seems like it's sucking all the spontaneous fun out of a trip to Disney. I sincerely hope they get it straightened out by September 2015.

On a happy note, I totally enjoyed your day trippin' and the bonus France photos. 

Oh come on.  Who wants to be spontaneous?  How can they extract all of you money in an efficient manner if you try to be spontaneous?  And since when does the customer know best?  Do as you're told.

I am sure things will settle down, and the kinks will be smoothed out within the next year.

Glad you like the bonus France photos.  I have a couple more.

TCD