You know what's amazing?

The number of people who will just stop dead in the middle of a path and just stand there to discuss what they should do.

So we got in line with the rest of the suckers hoping for that 4th FP+:

5414184_zps94159231.jpg

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people stop in the middle of the walkway.  Especially when they stop SUDDENLY when I'm behind them pushing a stroller.  

I try my hardest to not be one of the obnoxious stroller pushers (and we push small strollers too).  We get out of the way if we stop.  We don't cut in front of people with strollers.  We don't tailgate people with strollers and hit their heels.  

HOWEVER, I've gotten to the point that if someone is going to stop right in front of me in moving traffic...I'm NOT going to stop suddenly.  Oops.

Maybe I can fix the world one person at a time.

And I refuse to wait in a line in to get a FP so that I can avoid a different line.  I don't care that the FP line is shorter than a standby for a big ride.  It's the principle of the matter.  

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dragon was in a cold place and hungry. Everyone knows fat guys in ear muffs make the best eating. He's not controlling her. He's trying to get out before the gears grind him up and feed him to the

Yes, she had a free weekend, and she used it to visit Ireland.  See details below.     Thanks for the link.  Did you see the webcam?  It shows that this is a super-busy intersection.  Twin #1's photo

I don't read TRs. And y'all need to stay off the buses!!!

Not sure about that show, but I love the picture! Lifetime memories.... well worth the money. Plus, she'll see and appreciate things around her in a different way after traveling abroad.

Very true.  We were all apprehensive about this trip.  We were worried about being able to stay in touch, and if she would have problems with money and communicating with the French.  Everything has gone better than expected so far.

Some of the photos and videos we have received back have scared me, but nothing worse than I would have done if I had gone to France at her age.

I really have never had any strong desire to visit Europe.  But, after seeing what she's seen, that may change.  Maybe.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people stop in the middle of the walkway.  Especially when they stop SUDDENLY when I'm behind them pushing a stroller.  

I try my hardest to not be one of the obnoxious stroller pushers (and we push small strollers too).  We get out of the way if we stop.  We don't cut in front of people with strollers.  We don't tailgate people with strollers and hit their heels.  

HOWEVER, I've gotten to the point that if someone is going to stop right in front of me in moving traffic...I'm NOT going to stop suddenly.  Oops.

Maybe I can fix the world one person at a time.

As they say, "you can't fix stupid." So, good luck with that.

There are a lot of stupid people with strollers too.

The best strategy is to be on alert wherever you're going, and be prepared for the stupid people. When possible, I do my best to avoid being in a crowd like that one we got stuck in after the parade. The next time we watch, we will be back on the other side of the street in Frontierland, and I'll try to schedule a FP+ for Big Thunder or Splash. The crowds should be thinned out after we ride.

And I refuse to wait in a line in to get a FP so that I can avoid a different line.  I don't care that the FP line is shorter than a standby for a big ride.  It's the principle of the matter.

Good luck with that. If you don't get that next FP+, what do you think you're going to do? There are 50 minute waits at Small World now. No way you're waiting less than an hour for a big ride if you go standby. So shut up and get in the kiosk line with the rest of the sheep. Bah!

TCD

One thing that has been interesting about Twin #1's trip abroad is how we've been able to stay in contact.

She's able to access free Wi-Fi all around the city, so for the most part, we've been going with iMessages, and SnapChat.

I am behind the curve on SnapChat again, but apparently, the latest thing is to create long videos through the "My Story" function of that app.

Here are some screen caps from one such video that arrived overnight last night:

lunch_zps6bad0934.png

fire_zps8c15428d.png

shots_zps6a6bc309.png

beer_zpsec147990.png

(I guess that's a beer in the previous photo-and that it cost 3 Euros) (about $4).

gyro_zps7bda7147.png

greek_zps07b4c264.png

As GDF said, it looks like Twin #1 is doing pretty good with the "see and appreciate things around her in a different way" thing.

The group heads out of Paris tomorrow to the beachside town of St. Malo.  And, then over the weekend, they will head further north to the Normandy area.

On Monday, they will travel by ferry to Portsmouth, and then on to London for two weeks there.

It is good to be TCD Twin #1.

TCD

Awesome instagram post.  My grandfather was part of the Normandy invasion and we went to see the beach after I graduated from college.  It was an awesome thing to get to do with him. 

It says something for your daughter's upbringing that visiting Normandy is special to her.   :usa:

Ditto. 

Awesome!

What they said.  :)

Thanks for the kind words, all.

So, Twin #2 and I had some business to attend to at WDW over the weekend.  Including a visit to a Star Wars Weekend (look for a new TR coming soon).

We hit DHS for rope drop (which will be well documented in that new TR) (complete with geeks and a mom in a Princess Leia slave get-up) (coming soon).

We took a little afternoon break, and after that, hit up Epcot for a final visit to the Flower and Garden Festival (there will be photos of that in the upcoming TR) (coming soon).

As we passed through jolly old England on the way to the International Gateway to catch our ride to DHS, Twin #2 posed for this shot:

phonebooth_zpsd593d5de.jpg

On Monday, Twin #1 posted this one:

phonebooth2_zps0206c161.jpg

As I said earlier, maybe I should have saved the money and just let her visit Epcot for four weeks?

TCD

It was probably cheaper to send her to Europe.

Very cute pictures of the twins!

You know, you're right about that!

Thanks for the great photos, kudos to your daughter.

Thanks for reading and commenting.

:rofl3:

I'm only laughing because we all know it's true.  

Yeah.

You can't get a beer for four bucks in Epcot.  On the other hand, she couldn't drink a beer at all in Epcot.  So the bar bill would definitely be less for her.

Nice.  

Even when divided by a large pond, the twins are still 'connected'.

True.

Did they know about each other's pictures? That's pretty cool. 

Yes.  I posted that first photo on Instagram on Sunday, and then Twin #! posted hers on Monday night.

TCD

I have fallen far behind on my updates of photos Twin #1 has sent from across the pond.

She spent the weekend in Ireland, and now is back in rainy London.  I have some photos from over the weekend I'll share.

But, she just texted me this one, which I need to share right away:

abbeyroad_zpsd1554146.jpeg

Yes, she knew that the third girl was supposed to be barefoot, but it's 50 degrees and raining, so deal with it.

TCD

I have fallen far behind on my updates of photos Twin #1 has sent from across the pond.

She spent the weekend in Ireland, and now is back in rainy London.  I have some photos from over the weekend I'll share.

But, she just texted me this one, which I need to share right away:

abbeyroad_zpsd1554146.jpeg

Yes, she knew that the third girl was supposed to be barefoot, but it's 50 degrees and raining, so deal with it.

TCD

Great picture. I wonder how many times people recreate that photo?

Only if they want people to think she is dead. 

Exactly.

Great picture. I wonder how many times people recreate that photo?

I wondered the same thing.

She sent along a short video via Snapchat that showed how crazy it is there.  It's a pretty busy road.  From what I saw, people are recreating the photo all day long.  The video was great- it showed a group of Germans, then a group of Asians, and so on.  Twin #1 held all the bags and backpacks for a group that was from Texas A &M.  Then I think that group held their stuff, and they help each other out by taking the photo.  It must get old for anyone who has to travel that road.

Love it!

I do too.

Brought a smile to my face when I saw it.

TCD