The Maul Gang Goes To WDW

Well, y'all are gonna have to wait for the HDDR installment.  Had some business at Church this eve and had to some work home.  I'm finished with it, but I'm pooped. 

Good thing is I go in late tomorrow, so hopefully I can do a quick installment before then.  In the meantime, I'll respond to posts.

Yes, I think that moon buggy is in the queue of MS.  

Sorry you weren't feeling well for Epcot.  Sure hope you improved for HDDR.  That used to be one of our favorites...but we haven't done it in several years.

Thanks.  Must have missed the buggy the first day we did MS at Epcot.

I still wasn't the best health-wise for HDDR, but made the best of it.  Had to take advantage of the all-you-can-drink Yuengling.

Caught up.

Hope your felling better after your nap

Know let's to what I'm sure will be my favorite....HDDR Pood Forn!!!

Ray, I looked over my pics.  Not much in the Pood Forn category.   Sorry.  I am not worthy.

Sorry you had to miss that afternoon with your family.  Hope you were feeling well enough to go to HDDR!

Even tho not the best, was worth bagging Epcot for HDDR.

Bummer that you had to miss out on Epcot. And couldn't drink beer? That's tragic. I hope the rest does wonders and you feel good for the HDDR!

Not being able to drink beer SMB.  Especially for me.  Just ask Mama Deuce.  The sleep did help.

Great update.

I love the Harry being Harry photos.

That mask was a good buy.

TCD

He got the Harry nickname when he was an infant.  This kid was nothing but a pleasure when he was young.  Went right to bed, no fuss, and when he woke up would sport a big happy face. 

Hence, Happy Harry.  Just Harry now per his request.  I'm just glad he allows us to call him that after 9 years.

The mask was an excellent buy.  I think only $6.  Almost as good as a GAG.

HDDR? I really hope you felt better for that.

After skipping it on our last couple trips, I think HDDR instead of the traditional GAG may be in order for January.

You may enjoy it with a new cast.  Funny thing...we got the photo they take outside and it comes with a stock photo of the cast.  The other cast.  Not these guys.

I love Harry photos...   Sorry you were felling ill, but I think you made the right decision.  HDDR is must do.    Escpecially if you were picked to be the angel !

When my boy is in a good mood and doesn't over do it, he is a riot.  K Bear cannot stop laughing sometimes at the things he does.

That being said, he can also be a handful.  Take the good with the bad....

What is this 'angel' you speak of?  I know nothing about that.

Again, I hope to get the HDDR report out in the morn.  Good night.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said this before but it's worth repeating. That's the best looking GAG I have seen.

HDDR? I really hope you felt better for that. After skipping it on our last couple trips, I think HDDR instead of the traditional GAG may be in order for January.

I still wasn't the best health-wise for HDDR, but made the best of it.  Had to take advantage of the all-you-can-drink Yuengling.

Say what??

Yuengling??  

We haven't been to the Hoop in several years, but I swear the last time we went the choices only varied from Bud to Bud Light.  Do they really offer Yuengling?

Let's Meet The Pioneer Hall Players

It's Saturday night.  As discussed prior, we have 8:30 ressies for HDDR.

We arrive at Pioneer Hall just after 8, check in and get in line for pictures. 

In we go and get seated:

img_1109_zps10209798.jpg

img_1110_zpsd9461cfb.jpg

And, let the show begin:

img_1111_zps3ca891c1.jpg

I liked our seats.  We were close to the center of the Hall where Flora and Jim did most of their performances.  We were also at a good distance from the stage so we could see it and not have to strain our necks looking up and side to side.

Mama Deuce enjoying the show:

img_1112_zps4109592b.jpg

And, the napkin waving.  It was a good way to get rid of all the crumbs:

img_1113_zps2c8a02ae.jpg

img_1115_zps2512633a.jpg

We did our best to polish off the ribs and chicken.  I pounded some Yuengling Lagers.  Mama had some wine.  Kids sugered up on sodas.

A nice meal....and show.

Now, if anyone has seen HDDR, they know that towards the end, they do a tribute to Davy Crockett and invite some folks from the audience up for the performance.

We got a special treat when Dolly came over and asked one of us to be on stage.  Absolutely!!

And here we go:

img_1116_zpsdd137f28.jpg

If you didn't catch it, that's Harry up on stage.  Here's a better shot:

img_1117_zps77be8442.jpg

img_1118_zps22f20f3d.jpg

Harry was chosen to be the Texas Ranger.  And what a fine performance it was:

img_1119_zps4b2187fa.jpg

Then, towards the end, Claire had to thank the Ranger for a job well done with a kiss.

A kiss.  From a grown woman.  To a 9 year old.  How'd that turn out? 

He did what any 9 YO boy would do.  He wiped it off.

img_1121_zpsfe777578.jpg

Here are photos that we recieved from a CM documenting the big event.  And they were free.  Yes.  F.R.E.E.  They are pics of pics...sorry for the quality.

Strong Texas Ranger:

fa37b4fe-932d-4fd2-ab9c-1a80e4cacae4_zps

The kiss:

2bb46424-ab83-40dc-87dd-86c725f4e17d_zps

The wipe:

adcf14b1-97d7-4ac1-bc1a-4f3264b8b10c_zps

And then it was time for everyone to get in on the action:

img_1124_zps166fba15.jpg

A great time was had by all.

Next up, we revisit DHS for our last day in the parks.

Jeff

Way to go, Harry.

You need to teach that boy some tricks, though.

Next time he gets picked, he needs to play it cool, and then right before the kiss on the cheek, he needs to turn his face toward the young lady and give her a good smooch on the lips.  That is guaranteed to get some laughs from the audience.  And maybe a slap.  Still, that would be epic.

So, where's Harry's Pioneer Hall Players certificate?

TCD

Say what??

Yuengling??  

We haven't been to the Hoop in several years, but I swear the last time we went the choices only varied from Bud to Bud Light.  Do they really offer Yuengling?

Yes.  Yuengling.  And, I think Bud Light.  But who drinks that.....

You need to get Anna down to see HDDR.

Way to go, Harry.

You need to teach that boy some tricks, though.

Next time he gets picked, he needs to play it cool, and then right before the kiss on the cheek, he needs to turn his face toward the young lady and give her a good smooch on the lips.  That is guaranteed to get some laughs from the audience.  And maybe a slap.  Still, that would be epic.

So, where's Harry's Pioneer Hall Players certificate?

TCD

Not sure if the smooch on the lips is in the cards yet for the boy, and that's just fine with me.  He was actually told to wipe the kiss off when we asked him later.  He also said that they told him it would be a fake kiss, but "she really DID kiss me".

I knew someone was going to ask me about the certificate.  Time ran out this morning and I couldn't scan it or the pictures of us and the cast.  I'll do it this evening when I get home.

This could be the moment you look back on several years from now and point to as the place Harry got his start on the big stage.

Yuengling? Nice

I remember my first stage event.  I was probably the same age as Harry.  We went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at a local performing arts center.  I was asked to go up after intermission to help out in a scene.  All that happened was I got my face painted and they sung a song while I was up there.  Harry at least had more interaction.  Maybe he will go places.......

Yuengling.  My go-to beer.  'Ohana on the DIT scale.

Do you to Church in TR? We were married in the Methodist Church in TR.

One year at camp we did Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, he wore a the dye shirt.

Island Heights United Methodist.  If you were Toms River UMC, I know it well.  We share in some youth group events and my company did the site engineering for the big multi-purpose room they put on a few years ago.

There's St Andrews as well that we mingle youth group events, and lesser known Cedar Grove.

Let's see.  If you were married in Toms River, then most likely the reception was at Old Time Tavern.  Am I correct?

We were married TR UMC. The minster there was the minister at the church I grew up in and then he moved down there so we were married down there. The church is beautiful. Our reception was at the holiday inn on 37. I can't remember where our rehearsal dinner was. Will have to think.

Did your kids ever do summer camp at mt Misery? It's the Methodist camp in Browns Mills. Growing up our family do ball field camping there and I went for a few summers.

We were married TR UMC. The minster there was the minister at the church I grew up in and then he moved down there so we were married down there. The church is beautiful. Our reception was at the holiday inn on 37. I can't remember where our rehearsal dinner was. Will have to think.

Did your kids ever do summer camp at mt Misery? It's the Methodist camp in Browns Mills. Growing up our family do ball field camping there and I went for a few summers.

Ahh yes, Holiday Inn.  It's now the Toms River Hotel.  All this is within minutes of my home.

Never did Mt Misery.  I do know about it though.

Now this is going to drive me crazy about the rehearsal place. It was really close to the church and holiday Inn. Hmmmmm.

If it was a big place for the rehearsal dinner, the only places I can think of are Old Time Tavern (about a mile from TRUMC) or Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty, downtown on the water (It's now called Water Street).

Old Time was where Mama Deuce and I had our reception.  It's now a vacant pad site.

This is what my MIL said "Don't remember the name. They knocked it down a couple of years ago. It was on route 166 right before 37"

Is that old time tavern?

Yup.

Y'all are gonna have to wait for the scans of Harry's certificate and some other HDDR pictures.

I have a communication error between the PC and printer/scanner, and quite frankly do not want to fool around anymore with it tonight.

I'll post them when I get 'er back up and running.

Way to go Harry! That's awesome that he got to be part of the show. 

That's a different Jim than I've seen the last 2 times. I guess they must get a night off and replace them. 

I would LOVE to see Lou or TCD as the angel. 

Yuengling is good. 

My uncle is a radio talk show host in South Jersey... Hurley in the Morning 

As promised, I have some extra HDDR pictures and scans to share.

Still don't now what's up with the computer.  Maybe just getting old.  Posting from work at lunchtime.

First, a picture that slipped thru the cracks on the original installment.  It's got all the cast members including the extras.  

Yes, TCD or Lou as the Angel would make for a great show.  This guy did real well.

img_1123_zps0fcc12c0.jpg

Another shot of Harry:

img_1122_zps524ec9fa.jpg

Here's the family photo.  It looks weird because Mama Deuce's and my hairline are in line with the top of the hedgerow:

HDDRfamily_zps226efdcd.jpg

Harry's Certificate.  Wooo Hooo!

HDDRCeritficate_zps4cc0e6d6.jpg

This is the stock photo given with the family pictures.  Must have been a different show....

Most of you Fiends will recognize these folks over the one's we saw performing.  Yes, that's the Six Bits who has been discussed in the past on FF.

PioneerHallPlayers_zpsaf6c6142.jpg

Jeff

Way to go Harry! That's awesome that he got to be part of the show. 

That's a different Jim than I've seen the last 2 times. I guess they must get a night off and replace them. 

I would LOVE to see Lou or TCD as the angel. 

Yuengling is good. 

My uncle is a radio talk show host in South Jersey... Hurley in the Morning 

Harry enjoyed it.

See my post above #117.  I included your HDDR comments.

I knew Yuengling back before major distribution and the second plant in FL.  My Dad is from a small town in PA just outside of Pottsville.  Anyone know that Yuengling made ice cream?  It was darn good too.

Don't know your uncle.  Looked him up on the web.  I bet my parents know him and maybe personally.  I'll have to check on that.

Enjoyed your report and the great pictures. Need to get to HDDR again soon.

http://www.yuenglingsicecream.com

Making ice cream again, available Acmes in NJ. Locator on website. We love "Rootbeer Float".

Thanks for the heads up, John.  I had no idea.

Researching it more, it's a separate entity from the brewery, but family related.  David Yuengling is heading up the ice cream, who is second cousin to Dick, the present brewery owner.

Closest store to me is in Manasquan, about 15 miles north.  May stop in for some if I find myself in the area.  I wish them well.  

Hollywood Studios Revisited

It's now Tuesday, April 22.  This will be our last day at a park.  We check out tomorrow.  9 days went fast....but not rushed.  That's good.

We've got FP+ for Rockin Roller Coaster, Lights Motors Action and Indiana Jone's.

We also have 2 Rider Switch passes for Star Tours and Toy Story Mania.  They were given to us some days back when Harry and I took a walk in the 900 loop from a wonderful family.

I wasn't sure if/how the switch passes would work, so I made sure I was involved for the first try.  More later.

We arrived somewhere later in the moring.  I was happy with the crowd level:

img_1125_zps8fa4faaa.jpg

Actually, I don't remember any time during our time in any of the parks where I felt it was crowded.  Except for a few times at some FP+ entrances and a couple times of people just stopping in the middle of the flow, we were OK.  Maybe we got a bit of pixie dust 'cause I am not a people lover.

Customary Wizard Hat Photo:

img_1126_zps25e5d385.jpg

I have this mess right up the road from my house....

img_1127_zpsa47df8bd.jpg

Mama Deuce enjoying a beverage:

img_1130_zps4516226d.jpg

Another Mama:

img_1131_zps90194de6.jpg

And, a Piggie:

img_1133_zpsa37f51ed.jpg

We caught a few songs from these guys:

20140422_124407_zps0a69abaf.jpg

They were OK.  Nothing to write home about.

Then it was off to Lights Motors Action.  K Bear, Harry and I saw this the first go-around and figured Mama Deuce (and Harry again) would enjoy it.

If you recall, the first day at DHS was not the greatest weather-wise.  I had decided to pack light and not bring the camera, so I did not take pictures  then, intending to do so this time.  I should have at least shot a bunch of cell pics because our seats were not as good and I am still feeling like crap. 

Decided no pictures.  Until the end when Harry asked if he could take a pic of the finale.  I gave him the camera and he got this:

img_1136_zpsa792a9f4.jpg

Pretty darn good shot.  Better than many could do.  See one of the support columns?  This is what we had to deal with.  The first time we were maybe 10-15 rows closer and a bit to the left of here.  I should have gotten those cell pics.  Not like it would have cost anything to develop.  Lesson learned.  Maybe next time...

20140422_131039_zps690f3c27.jpg

We were hungry after the show.  Time for:

img_1138_zps8409dd40.jpg

This is where our one and only bad encounter for the whole trip happened.  The line was somewhat long and as we were zig-zagging our way thru the ropes, some girls decided to duck under in front of us.  I immediated bellowed "Hey!  Thanks!"  Received no verbal response from them, but did get some mumbles from the party in front of us.

Seems they were part of that party in front.  Now, what they should have done was to politely explain to us that they were with that party and ask to be reunited with them. 

Doesn't take much.  Or, does it??

Anywho, without going into detail, this caused a bit of an argument between me and Mama Deuce.  Not good.  To the girls, I say again "Hey! Thanks!".  To Mama, 'sorry'.

After lunch, noticed that ToT was only 20 minutes standby.  Only Harry wanted to go, so we left the girls and headed over.  In the queue, Harry started getting the jitters and wanted to "bail".  Though he had been on it earlier in the trip, he was concerned with how it 'changes'.  I assured him he would not know any difference.  He stayed and we rode.  Good job Harry.

img_1139_zpsf852841f.jpg

Met back up with the girls and while they were shopping, I enjoyed these guys:

img_1142_zps0e27bec8.jpg

If I recall, they are with the Water Department and had to go fix the fountain.  If ever you are at DHS and see them, slap-stick around and you'll enjoy a wonderful show.

OK, picture break.  We are off to Indiana Jone's.  Nice show - no pics.

We then went to Star Tours.  I mentioned before I like this ride. 

This is the one we have a Rider Switch pass.  Mama Deuce has no want to go, so the kids and I go to the FP+ entrance.

I show the CM the pass.  We're in, we just have to hand the pass over at the next FP+ area.  Sweet!  No questions asked and we flew by those in standby.

Next up was to try the Rider Switch for TSMM.  Plan was to look at the standby to see if we can all go.  I don't remember what the time was but it wasn't good.  3 digits not good.

Plan "B".  Mama Deuce and the kids go.  Better than nothing since our tier one FP+ was for RRC later in the day.

I left them and found a shady spot near here:

img_1147_zpsb44d63ce.jpg

Just recently I found out that this is another Fiends fravorite spot.  Actually, this is probably many Fiends favorite spot.

After TSMM, the family met back up.  I told Mama Deuce where I had been and she just had to check it out herself:

img_1146_zps06f5b1ff.jpg

The kids had fun playing around the trees and on the railings while Mama enjoyed her refreshments:

img_1145_zpsa30332df.jpg

img_1149_zps82fbbb96.jpg

What did I do?  What every self-respecting man would do in his predicament.  I napped:

img_1153_zps291bc594.jpg

It was time for Rockin Roller Coaster FP+.  But, not before more wizard hat pictures:

img_1164_zps9ab5c8f8.jpg

20140422_194805_zpse6a44bf2.jpg

20140422_194814_zpsaf5104f2.jpg

Mama Deuce - no go.  The kids were scared.  They knew it looped.  I told them it couldn't be that bad, 'we're inside a building, for Pete's sake'. 

I was paired with another single.  Nice kid. I asked if he'd been on before.  "Yes".  I asked (with a wink) if it was crazy scary. "Not really".  He wasn't getting the hint.  I asked if the multiple loops were big and when it went backwards, did it speed up.  He started chuckling.  Guess I wasn't gonna freak the kids out.  It did get them thinking....and maybe worrying.

img_1168_zpsa9c97a54.jpg

I thought it was an OK ride. A bit short. The kids LOVED IT, and wanted go back on. No go. Standby was 70 minutes. Dad doesn't wait that long. They're out of luck.

They were good sports about it, better than usual.

We were out of FP+.  We were leaving tomorrow.  We had to pack up.  I wasn't feeling good.  You know where this is going.  We decided to go. 

The sun was starting to set.  I snapped some pictures on the way out.

img_1169_zpsf2aa6eb1.jpg

img_1170_zps674db1f6.jpg

img_1171_zpsfab0b431.jpg

img_1172_zps5c51b3d1.jpg

img_1174_zps2ba73694.jpg

While taking that last picture, a Disney Transportation Specialist came up to me and told me that wasn't a real sunset.  Disney makes that sunset every day for our enjoyment.  It's part of the magic.

I asked him where Disney was when I was being barraged with rain while at MK a week ago?  He didn't answer and slid away.

Really, we had a nice little conversation.

img_1176_zpse81dbece.jpg

On the bus and back to the Fort:

img_1182_zpsf169af24.jpg

img_1183_zpsdfa6c390.jpg

Got some rest, packed up the next morn and we were gone.

Made it up to Hardeeville, SC and stayed at a nice new CG called Camp Lake Jasper.

Second day got us to Fredericksburg VA KOA, and then home on the 3rd day.

I may share a few pics from the ride home if I can find the time.

Wonderful trip.  Wonderful memories.  Wonderful to share it with you.

Jeff