The Maul Gang Goes To WDW

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said this before but it's worth repeating. That's the best looking GAG I have seen.

HDDR? I really hope you felt better for that. After skipping it on our last couple trips, I think HDDR instead of the traditional GAG may be in order for January.

No No NO!!  

These trips aren't supposed to end.  

You can't possibly be home, right?

Trip is over.  Done.  Can't afford more in money or time.

This Disney trip has ended.  Life's trip is still rolling.

Unfortunately, yes, at home.

Absolutely awesome trip!!!  Sad that it's over.

I'm sad it's over too.  And that's a big statement considering I am not a 'gung-ho' Disney person like some of 'yall.

It's over? Done? I know you have more picture!

I love the "fake" sunset picture.

I'm afraid of ToT too. But my 5 year old wants to ride it. I'm going to have to suck it up and be brave. 

I may post a few more of the trip home, tho not many.

That sunset picture was nice.  Much better in person.

What about Jason?  Or does he have to man the Big Green Egg?

Great trip report and even better pictures!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading along.

Really enjoyed your DHS photos.  The vibrant sunset one is gorgeous!

Thanks.  Sunset for the win.

Great job on the final update.

And great job all around on this TR!

So, when's the next trip?

TCD

Thank you.

If you're asking about the next Disney trip, we have nothing planned.  I am toying with a 2015 Food & Wine trip.  Adults only.

If you're asking about camping, we've already been twice since.  Nothing spectacular, just weekends.

If you're asking about another family trip, we are going to Smugglers' Notch this summer.  It's a resort in northern VT where we have a winter (skiing) timeshare.

Great pics & comments.

Thanks.  Hope I did well for the first time.

I may post a few more of the trip home, tho not many.

That sunset picture was nice.  Much better in person.

What about Jason?  Or does he have to man the Big Green Egg?

Jason will ride it too. How do I look at my 5 year old kid and tell him I'm too afraid to ride but he isn't? He even told me he'd hold my hand, so I won't be scared. I have to ride with that offer! 

Jason will ride it too. How do I look at my 5 year old kid and tell him I'm too afraid to ride but he isn't? He even told me he'd hold my hand, so I won't be scared. I have to ride with that offer! 

Well, with Z there holding your hand, you have nothing to worry about.

Great job on the TR, and great pics!

Thanks Todd. 

Excellent TR Jeff!

I wouldnt mind seeing some pics of this Smuggler's Notch that you speak of.

With a name like that, it has to be good.

Would you be interested in a TR after we visit this summer?  We have been going to Smuggs' every winter since we bought back in 2006.  This past winter was the first we did not go, and that was because we had this Disney trip and couldn't take the kids out of school.  We exchanged for the summer, which will be our first summer there.

I found some pics on my work PC, and since it is 'Throwback Thursday', let's take you back to our inaugural Jan 2006 trip.

K Bear and Mogul Mouse.  Yes.  He's real:

100_1894_zpsa3094e65.jpg

Harry and me hanging with Mogul Mouse:

100_1893_zps8fb08f77.jpg

The Fam Damily.  Yes.  Real snow.

100_1898_zps392bf731.jpg

Shot of Madonna Mountain.  One of 3 that comprise Smuggs':

100_1965_zps3a0a236f.jpg

The condo development further up the hill in the middle of the last pic is where our unit is located.

I suspect summer will be just as fun.  They have 2 water parks, a swimming hole, hiking galore, kids camps, disc golf, etc.  It'll probably be a bit more green than I'm used to.

Awesome!!

Please do a trip report, we are not picky about where trip reports come from and they don't have to be camping either!!

I would definitely be interested in a summer visit TR!

This! We enjoy reports about anything. And secretly I kind of like Non-Disney better because it's something new to me.

Geez.  Alright.  Twist my arm.

When are you headed up to VT? Probably go up 91 right? 

We have gone that route in the past but prefer NY Thruway to Northway to 149/4 then up 22A/7 into Burlington.

Great trip report. It's always sad to see one end.

I may find a few 'traveling home' pics to post later......

I definitely would be up for a TR from that place.

TCD

I may be able to accommodate.

Sorry that route wont work. It goes nowhere near me and we wouldnt get to meet up and say hello.  :rofl3:

Sorry, Jason.  That route seems to work best traffic wise.  Besides, it puts me in the position to stop at a few craft breweries.

I've always wanted to go to Mystic with the camper for a long weekend.  Not sure when that will happen tho.  You close to that?

I may be able to accommodate.

Sorry, Jason.  That route seems to work best traffic wise.  Besides, it puts me in the position to stop at a few craft breweries.

I've always wanted to go to Mystic with the camper for a long weekend.  Not sure when that will happen tho.  You close to that?

40 minutes tops. We have thought of going down there ourselves. There is a KOA that is right near a back way to Misquamicut Beach in RI that I have been eyeing. I think it is technically in Stonington, CT