The Maul Gang Goes To WDW

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said this before but it's worth repeating. That's the best looking GAG I have seen.

HDDR? I really hope you felt better for that. After skipping it on our last couple trips, I think HDDR instead of the traditional GAG may be in order for January.

Sorry to hear you were (still are?) sick. That SMB

Being sick at Ohana is a shame.  

Hope you're feeling better.  Really enjoying your pictures!

It's all head congestion and upper respiratory.  Either an infection or allergies, or possibly a combination.

Went thru coughing fits the first week.  I feel sorry for those people in line with me the last 2 days in the parks.

I'm way better now, but still a bit congested.  Thanks for the concern.

Nice job scoring 'Ohana reservations for the day before Easter.

I haven't seen those huts they're building at the Poly from the beach.  From your photo, they look closer together and closer to the beach from what I expected.  Not nearly as much privacy as I thought they would have.  Dumb.

Extra points are awarded for visiting WL.  It still boggles my mind that there are Fiends who haven't been.

TCD

The huts were close, to beach and to each other.  It's just a shame for the loss of view for some of the other guests.

WL from DTD was easy.  Then Purple bus to Settlement.  Only problem was I had the cart at the Outpost.  One more bus didn't hurt.

More Fiends should take the time to visit.

Kona, he ate at kona! Details people!

It's Dave's fault, he said it first.

Thanks Beckers for setting them straight.

You're right, it's Dave's fault.

Being sick on vacation SMB! I enjoyed Kona when we ate there, so it stinks you couldn't enjoy it. You did a lot for being sick. 

I love Easter at the Fort. We'll be there next year. Woot!

Pretty Outpost pics. 

I ordered the scallops and all I could tell was there was some heat to it.

Hey, I still have 2 more days of parks and a drive home to get thru.  

Still bent about missing the Easter service.  The chance will probably will never happen again in my lifetime.  Enjoy your stay there next year.

I think the Outpost pics are the prettiest of the bunch, except for maybe a sunset pic I took at HS the last day.  You'll have to wait til next week for that installment.

WL from DTD was easy.  Then Purple bus to Settlement.  Only problem was I had the cart at the Outpost.

Purple bus?  For the past few years, the bus that picks up at the Lodge always turns into an Outpost Yellow bus when it gets to the Fort (at the Settlement Bus Stop).  If you need to go to the Outpost, just stay on.

Did something different happen for you?

TCD

Purple bus?  For the past few years, the bus that picks up at the Lodge always turns into an Outpost Yellow bus when it gets to the Fort (at the Settlement Bus Stop).  If you need to go to the Outpost, just stay on.

Did something different happen for you?

TCD

No, that is the way it still goes.  I didn't realize it and I got off to wait for a yellow Outpost.  The driver then switched to yellow and I got back on.

Just to clarify.  The reason I mentioned problem was that I had an extra ride to Outpost.  Really it wasn't bad.  

As a matter of fact, Disney transportation exceeded my expectations.  The truck only moved once the entire trip and that was to get nephew up to Settlement for a quick breakfast (cart was already there with Big bro, sis-in-law and Mama Deuce).

No, that is the way it still goes.  I didn't realize it and I got off to wait for a yellow Outpost.  The driver then switched to yellow and I got back on.

Just to clarify.  The reason I mentioned problem was that I had an extra ride to Outpost.  Really it wasn't bad.  

As a matter of fact, Disney transportation exceeded my expectations.  The truck only moved once the entire trip and that was to get nephew up to Settlement for a quick breakfast (cart was already there with Big bro, sis-in-law and Mama Deuce).

Here's an advanced trick for you to file away in your bag of tricks:  If you need to get to the Outpost, you could hop a DHS or Epcot bus at the Lodge.  They always drop the rich folk off first before heading to the campground.  If you hop on one of those, it goes right to the Outpost, and you can hop off there.  I prefer waiting for the Fort bus, but the Epcot and DHS bus works too.

TCD

Here's an advanced trick for you to file away in your bag of tricks:  If you need to get to the Outpost, you could hop a DHS or Epcot bus at the Lodge.  They always drop the rich folk off first before heading to the campground.  If you hop on one of those, it goes right to the Outpost, and you can hop off there.  I prefer waiting for the Fort bus, but the Epcot and DHS bus works too.

TCD

I need a TCD bus tricks pocket guide. 

I'm WAY late, but I'm in.
Love the pics so far, looks like you guys are covering some ground at each of the parks.

Being sick on vacation definitely SMB, I can say that from first hand experience and will touch on it some in the TR I'm putting together.

TCD

Pondered the bus routes when it is not a non-stop route, but never thought of hopping on mid route.  Thanks for the tip.

I can't help it.  I see a pineapple and my brain veers to Ohana.  If he hadn't shown me the pineapple drink pic that wouldn't have happened, so you clearly can't blame me. 

Pay attention, son.  You have to read the report, not just look at the pretty pictures.

TCD could make a fortune in pocket guide sales for all things Disney.

I just need the time and money to go to WDW as much as TCD. I live closer than he does and still can not work in a trip very often.

I guess it is good to be TCD.....

I'm WAY late, but I'm in.

Love the pics so far, looks like you guys are covering some ground at each of the parks.

Being sick on vacation definitely SMB, I can say that from first hand experience and will touch on it some in the TR I'm putting together.

Welcome Todd.  Glad you're here.  I only have 2 more installments then I'm finished.  Next one should be posted this evening.

Yes, sick on vacation does SMB.  I look back and think of how infested with viruses these parks probably are and how easy to catch something.  Looking forward to your TR, sans the sickness part.

I second the TCD bus route cheat sheet idea. 

'Ohana?  Kona?  it's all the same to me right now.

File it under places that I can not be at right now.

8 months.  4 days.

The GAG picture made my mouth water.  I also noticed it was all white meat.  That is the only way to go!

Sorry you and your DW were sick. 

Hopefully you have or will get over it quickly.

Me too.

Now that's funny right there....

I second the TCD bus route cheat sheet idea. 

'Ohana?  Kona?  it's all the same to me right now.

File it under places that I can not be at right now.

8 months.  4 days.

The GAG picture made my mouth water.  I also noticed it was all white meat.  That is the only way to go!

Sorry you and your DW were sick. 

Hopefully you have or will get over it quickly.

Same food style, different atmosphere I think.  

Actually, Mama Deuce and the kids prefer thighs and drumsticks.  We would have been just fine with the regular GAG.

We're over the sickness, thanks.

I'm about half-way thru your Trip Back In Time TR.  Holy crap, great memories.

Epcot Revisted

It's Monday morning April 21.  I got up first.  Harry next.  As we waited for the girls to get ready for the day, Harry and I decided to take a ride around the Fort.

I know most Fiends have seen this view before:

img_1021_zpsaeae3e24.jpg

It's a certain celebrity's favorite view. I had to take it just to say I was there.

It really is a nice view in person. If you're going to the Fort and you've never been to this area, I highly recommend it. Get there in the morning.

One of the canal without the abomination:

img_1023_zpsc73d0f75.jpg

Back at the Settlement and Pioneer Hall:

img_1024_zps039a3b35.jpg

img_1025_zpse0f2e0c7.jpg

Time to check out the Tri Circle D Ranch and see what's going on.  One of the clydesdales was going for a bath.  Sorry, no pic.

Then, spotted a Mickey.  Would you say it's a hidden one?

img_1029_zps3dea358d.jpg

Perfect timing.  The blacksmiths were out shoeing two horses:

img_1032_zps38e1be97.jpg

img_1030_zpse8d99986.jpg

We hung out a bit, interacting a bit with them.  I was hoping they'd toss us a shoe, but I think those days are over.  No shoe.

We needed to get back to the camper, get the girls and get to Epcot.

Not sure what time it was.  Maybe around 11am when we arrived at Epcot.  FP+ were scheduled for later in the afternoon  Test Track, Mission Space (or Spaceship Earth), Crush. 

Plan was to wrap around the Showcase to Italy and then make our way back, guaging our time to meet our FP+ times.

img_1038_zpsb2885aaf.jpg

img_1040_zps9a1567b1.jpg

img_1041_zps190d1b78.jpg

Met up again with Mama Deuce's Nephew again.  Made it to Italy:

img_1043_zps99abab64.jpg

img_1044_zps3c132bb1.jpg

After Italy, it was of course Germany.  I was itching for a brat on a pretzel roll, but I think now you can only get them during Food & Wine.  I couldn't find any.  Was thinking about a beer, but was starting to feel tired from my sickness.  A beer just wouldn't be satisfying at this time.  Why waste the bucks.  Got a couple pretzels and some water bottles for the family.  We parked ourselves to snack and I got some rest.

After some minutes pass, I decide I'm useless.  I need rest.  We have an ADR for Hoop Dee Doo tonight.  I'd rather bag Epcot and be rested for that.

I decided to leave the family.  Gave them the camera so I could see later what I missed.

A boat was just pulling in.  I  hopped on:

img_1046_zpsf06b1cce.jpg

I made it out of the park and some minutes later the FW bus pulls up.  I'm riding solo, except of course for the driver.  Made it back to the camper for some rest.

The remainder of the clan pushed on.  They managed to get a pic under Rafiki sniffing Simba's butt:

img_1048_zps47fe372e.jpg

They got to China and I guess started shopping:

img_1053_zpsdb706ce3.jpg

img_1058_zps48d2605c.jpg

Pandas duking it out:

img_1063_zps5912a600.jpg

img_1066_zpsf4bb0bac.jpg

Harry being Harry.....

img_1067_zps8407a5d1.jpg

China invades Norway:

img_1069_zps6dc55e99.jpg

img_1077_zpsb9682e41.jpg

img_1078_zps8d888812.jpg

On to Crush:

img_1096_zps5b551371.jpg

img_1098_zps79a98197.jpg

I like this shot.  Have no idea where it was taken:

img_1103_zps89bc6aca.jpg

Don't know this location either.  Mission Space?

img_1104_zpseebc0481.jpg

I think one of the other FP+ was for either Mission Space or Spaceship Earth, can't rememeber which.  I know they did Fast Track.  Nephew borrowed my MB and used my FP+.  Glad it didn't go to waste.

I feel we only touched the surface of this park.  Everyone was back in time to get cleaned up and ready for dinner.  8:30 Hoop Dee Doo!

That's for the next installment.  And something special happened.

Jeff