GDF Family weekend TR or maybe just a commercial for a GG at Lake Lanier

The others are going to have to drive pretty fast to beat me to that houseboat on a lake in Oklahoma!!! I don't have any "cuties," but I can bring lots of booze! May I be included??? BTW, which lake? If you say Murray or Texoma, I'm going to lie down and die right here!

Did you say BOOZE? I'm going to have to add another set of hook ups.

Lake tenkiller. Oklahoma's clearwater lake. Eastern Oklahoma on the Illinois River just south of Tahlequah.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of you stop it now! Don't make me stop this car and seperate you!

Wow.  Tough looking view.  The closest we have to this is Spruce Run http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/spruce.html#camp .  State park, dry camping but only $20/night.     Yeah, and it l

What a pretty day. Happy belated Mother's Day. It's a good thing the lake wasn't busy with boating around with no clothes on. I hope you put on sunscreen.

All righty - I know that lake. Well, I don't KNOW it; I've heard of it. Good lake! That's a pretty long way to Tahlequah from Crescent. Do you get up there often?

DW works at a school, academic support advisor, and I work on my iPhone, iPad and from my car so we spend most of the summer there. Last summer DW and DD spent 23 days in a row there. I was there most of the time but I either worked from there or came home for a night or two.

painful.....yes....it's not me...just the stigma...sorry.

I'm in.

Lottery...we all have those dreams.  And, DO NOT LOSE THOSE DREAMS.

Holy crap.  Born and raised in Margate.  I'm in Toms River now.  We need to talk.

You said it first.  GG at Lake Lanier, then free rides and all at Ray's......

Seriously?!?!? Most of my family lives in EHT now, but I still have an aunt in Margate. 

I like looking at the houseboats at Defeated Creek.  And they have the best of both worlds.  They can stay there if they want, but they can also leave and navigate all the way to the Gulf of Mexico.  The lakes around Nashville can head down the Cumberland to the Ohio River to the Mississippi.  

That's cool! 

I just happen to know a couple of fiends with 12 passenger vans...

Very true!

All are welcome.

If I could id load up the pontoon and head to Georgia. Lake Lanier is beautiful.

We have a small place at the lake 2bed 2 bath but the people we bought it from has a RV and put in electric and water next to it. First one to arrive gets the hook ups. The rest of you will have to sleep on FIL's houseboat.

Alright, we can go there AFTER the GG at Lanier. 

I am on it!! Those hookups will be mine!

Traitor. 

The others are going to have to drive pretty fast to beat me to that houseboat on a lake in Oklahoma!!!  I don't have any "cuties," but I can bring lots of booze!  May I be included???  BTW, which lake?  If you say Murray or Texoma, I'm going to lie down and die right here!

Booze always helps. 

Did you say BOOZE? I'm going to have to add another set of hook ups.

Lake tenkiller. Oklahoma's clearwater lake. Eastern Oklahoma on the Illinois River just south of Tahlequah.

With this group, you better. 

DW works at a school, academic support advisor, and I work on my iPhone, iPad and from my car so we spend most of the summer there. Last summer DW and DD spent 23 days in a row there. I was there most of the time but I either worked from there or came home for a night or two.

Nice! Thanks kind of how we do our long trips too. 

Now, here is something that we do agree on!

Have a great time at Topsail!

TCD

Exactly! I know we will. 

Had to look up Topsail. Looks like a gorgeous place. Have a great trip. Lots of pix please.

Check out my signature and you can see my report with a million pics from last year. I'm sure I'll take more this year too! I also put a thread on here of sites at Topsail to help fiends who want to go there pick a site. 

This was a dam good report.

Looking forward to some Topsail pics!

Why, thank you! 

I thought it was a good dam report?

Works either way!

Thanks for an incredible TR !

Thanks for reading!

thanks for taking the time to write this one up! 

Mixing campinig and boating makes for a GREAT TR!

It was a great time! Thanks for reading along. 

We packed up and headed out. We had to dump. Gwen, can you see what you were wondering about in this picture?

AD0582FB-F251-4E12-B4EA-ED7022C8E878.jpg

Yes, I think I see a water connection!

Dump stations are only bad if you have the J.O. that feels the need to dump/rinse/dump/rinse/dump/rinse when there's a line of others looking to just dump.

I don't know what a J.O. is.  Maybe I need to find out!  If you're waiting behind me at a dump station, I promise to only do one short rinse if we're going to use the moho again before she's winterized.

But if the trip is the last of the season, you will have to wait for a longer rinse.  It's still pretty quick b/c we just attach the hose to the side of the moho.  It's not like having to fill the commode and dump.

Houseboat...

image_zps5e2761a8.jpg

That's a great houseboat!

Nice report. Have fun at topsail do a report on it to.

Since I did a 2 week report on Topsail last time, I'm not sure I'll do a full report this time. It would be too similar. But I do think I'll do a photo thread. And I might dig up the thread I did of various sites there and add to it to help Fiends who want to visit choose.