My journey to bring my family back to the Fort

Very excited for you all!!!  I got the email about BOG FP+ and had to wait a few hours before I had time to make them.  I didn't get the day I wanted but I was able to get them for the other day I have planned for parks.  I had to switch everything around but all is good!!!  Glad the kiddos know, makes it so much better to plan!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got our ticket conformation today so i have linked our tickets to my MDE account.  I am officially at 62 days.   We told the children today.  I typed up a multiple choice history quiz and told them

Went to AK and DHS yesterday. Made lots of notes for trip report. Hard to type on tablet. Love you all, especially all the fiends who showered extra pixie dust on our trip!!!

Talk about a plan coming together!   I got all the FP+ I wanted!!!   The only one that i can't get at the perfect time is the A&E Meet and Greet, but I got it for my two girls and it isn't at a ho

So, I think I have all the meals planned out.

ADR's?  Not for us!  

Our budget, as you know, it super tight, so almost all food will be brought from home or bought from Publix and Whole Foods while we are there.

For those who are interested, here is link to the menu: http://memoirable.blogspot.com/2014/08/meals-for-2014-wdw-trip.html

On the clothes front, I still need to find more shorts for my 6'6" tall boy with the 32" waist.  Any pair I find that fit around the waist are inches too short.  They would have been fine in 1978, but too embarrassing today.

Oh, and the fashion diva 7yo has decided she wants to DisneyBound.   :))

Six more weeks!!

I didn't do screen captures because I won't be bringing my PC into the parks.  LOL  I did print everything out.  I think tomorrow, i will have Sarah take pictures with her iPhone so we will have a back-up in the parks.

If Sarah has an iPhone then you can download the My Disney Experience app.  You can link your info there.  That way you always have fastpass+ and dinner ressies in one place and can access/change it anytime.  The free wifi in the parks has gotten really good.

But I do like having paper copies of things!!!

If Sarah has an iPhone then you can download the My Disney Experience app.  You can link your info there.  That way you always have fastpass+ and dinner ressies in one place and can access/change it anytime.  The free wifi in the parks has gotten really good.

But I do like having paper copies of things!!!

Thanks!  She got the app today and I have linked her to my account. :)

Marty, how is you knee?

Is is improving, although slower than I would like.  I think part of the problem is that now that it feels a little better, I am using it a lot more.  Many trips to the thrift store to find shorts and such for the children.  Today we are going to the local water park, as the kids earned free tickets doing their summer reading and this is the last weekday it will be open.

I also have not been as good about doing my phys. therapy exercises this week.  I will go do that now!

:naughtywave:

Marty, please do your exercises!

The therapist said to do the exercises 1 - 2 times per day.  I have done them at least once every day.  It is just the past two days that i only did them once.  I need to stop yacking and reading on here and FB in the evening and get the work done!

If you don't do them they won't know if they are working and will be unable to make timely adjustments.

I think that may be part of the reason I have not been quite as good this week.  They added some exercises Monday that are extremely painful and make the knee ache the rest of the day.  Not that good muscle fatigue ache that means I am building muscle, but a sharp twingy pain along the side of the knee that feels like I am injuring it more. :(

My husband wants me to just keep doing them until I go back next Monday.  So I will be a good fiend and do them twice a day.  I will.

I think that may be part of the reason I have not been quite as good this week.  They added some exercises Monday that are extremely painful and make the knee ache the rest of the day.  Not that good muscle fatigue ache that means I am building muscle, but a sharp twingy pain along the side of the knee that feels like I am injuring it more. :(

My husband wants me to just keep doing them until I go back next Monday.  So I will be a good fiend and do them twice a day.  I will.

Well it is now next Monday.  How did the appointment go?

I was doing the some of the exercises incorrectly, but the therapist doesn't think I did any real damage.  Apparently, i need to think more about my hip position when exercising my knee.

I did remind her that I am a little over 5 weeks from my Disney trip.  We discussed the possibility of me needing a knee brace and she is going to discuss it with another therapist.  Meanwhile, I am to keep doing my exercises. :)

Okay, with my PT's permission, I have started walking for exercise.  I did about 1/2 mile today.  I had intended to do more, but turned around when my knee started to hurt.

Is there any programs or apps that calculate the distance of a touring plan?  I would like to be able to give my physical therapist a concrete idea of just how much punishment my knee will take while I am at WDW.

Okay, with my PT's permission, I have started walking for exercise.  I did about 1/2 mile today.  I had intended to do more, but turned around when my knee started to hurt.

Is there any programs or apps that calculate the distance of a touring plan?  I would like to be able to give my physical therapist a concrete idea of just how much punishment my knee will take while I am at WDW.

I don't know of any apps.  But a few trips ago I wore a sophisticated pedometer -- not really a pedometer but I don't remember what it was called.  It said I walked 6 - 8 miles per day in the parks.  And we didn't stay in the parks more than 6-8 hours a day.

I asked the same question on easywdw.com and someone suggested this site: http://www.mappedometer.com/

It took some doing, but i was able to plot my touring plans in that.  My longest day will be my first park day.  We are planning to do AK in the morning and then DHS in the afternoon and evening.  That came to 6.5 miles.  So I guess that is what I want to work up to, although on park days, it won't be just walking all day - there will be short periods of sitting! :)

I brought a pedometer a few years ago and got similar results to Gwen.  Without doing "everything", and with only about 6-8 hours in the parks at a whack, we averaged about 6-8 miles a day.

One thing that will work in your favor Marty is if your touring plans don't criss-cross the parks a bunch.  Being efficient in your touring can save you a TON of walking.

I was going to ballpark about what Gwen and Mo said. What exactly happened to your knee? I can't remember. 

In other news, remember when Jason needed knee surgery before our Spring Break 2013 trip? I fear the other knee is on the same path.... I'll be surprised if surgery isn't in the future before Spring Break 2015. 

I was going to ballpark about what Gwen and Mo said. What exactly happened to your knee? I can't remember. 

In other news, remember when Jason needed knee surgery before our Spring Break 2013 trip? I fear the other knee is on the same path.... I'll be surprised if surgery isn't in the future before Spring Break 2015. 

I thought it was just a bruise to the kneecap, but apparently it was a very bad bruise.  The orthopedic doc. said I bruise not only the kneecap, but also the bones underneath, and injured the bursa sacs and the tendons.  

Sorry to hear about Jason's knee. :(

I brought a pedometer a few years ago and got similar results to Gwen.  Without doing "everything", and with only about 6-8 hours in the parks at a whack, we averaged about 6-8 miles a day.

One thing that will work in your favor Marty is if your touring plans don't criss-cross the parks a bunch.  Being efficient in your touring can save you a TON of walking.

I think I am actually saving myself steps by staying in the park all day.  I think I would be walking more if I were walking out to the bus stop and then back in again later.  I also made my touring plans with an eye on the map, so that helps as well.  My first day in MK we are only planning to do about 3 miles and the second is only 1.5. :)