My journey to bring my family back to the Fort

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got our ticket conformation today so i have linked our tickets to my MDE account.  I am officially at 62 days.   We told the children today.  I typed up a multiple choice history quiz and told them

Went to AK and DHS yesterday. Made lots of notes for trip report. Hard to type on tablet. Love you all, especially all the fiends who showered extra pixie dust on our trip!!!

Talk about a plan coming together!   I got all the FP+ I wanted!!!   The only one that i can't get at the perfect time is the A&E Meet and Greet, but I got it for my two girls and it isn't at a ho

I think you'll have enough room too. This week I was able to have a PUP, easy-up canopy tent, and 2 cars on our partial site. My car is a full size SUV. 

We squished a 33' camper, Excursion, golf cart and 9x12 dog pen in a preferred in 300, which isn't a ton bigger.  Mind you, it was like tetris parking, but we made it work.

• 2 weeks later...

m18sqmk7b7q6he23.png

Getting closer!!  I have made some revisions on my touring plans but I won't bore y'all with that.

I have been trying to buy more shorts for the boys so I won't have to worry about laundry more than once, but they all say they have enough shorts.   Meanwhile, my 7yog is convinced she never has enough clothes and the 18yog is obsessed with DisneyBounding.   :facepalm:

Now to work on the menu.

None!  Neither vehicle has a roof rack, but they both have a hitch so i can put a rack there with some stuff bungeed to it.  Of course, then I have to remember that it is on there.  :lol:

We would have plenty of room in the 15-passenger van, but that is much more expensive to drive.  My husband is hoping we can borrow his sister's Highlander.  I hope that has a roof rack!

Should I bring our screen room to set up on the site in addition to Curt's pop-up?  Would there be enough room for our vehicle (not sure whether that will be a 15-passenger van or a Suburban), the pop-up and a screen room?

We had our large SUV, a hybrid trailer (about 27 feet open) and a 12 x 12 screen room on our tent/pop-up site (1500 loop) in July and we had room! :)

Have a great time  :jumpforjoy

Mo... thanks for the tip on the HS days!  I'll have to keep this in mind, when our oldest is a couple of years older :)

I got our ticket conformation today so i have linked our tickets to my MDE account.  I am officially at 62 days.

We told the children today.  I typed up a multiple choice history quiz and told them to come sit in my room so I could read the questions and they would raise their hands to answer.  The last question was:

Where are we going to be September 25 - October 3?

a) Fort Wilderness Campground and Resort

B) Walt Disney World

c) Orlando

d) Florida

At first no one knew what I meant and then they all got happy and excited!  We discussed which parks we are going to and what rides we are hoping to ride and they all like it.

Next hurdle is the FP+ reservations!

I got our ticket conformation today so i have linked our tickets to my MDE account.  I am officially at 62 days.

We told the children today.  I typed up a multiple choice history quiz and told them to come sit in my room so I could read the questions and they would raise their hands to answer.  The last question was:

8) Walt Disney World

c) Orlando

d) Florida

At first no one knew what I meant and then they all got happy and excited!  We discussed which parks we are going to and what rides we are hoping to ride and they all like it.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8) Walt Disney World

c) Orlando

d) Florida

Yeay!!!

Talk about a plan coming together!

I got all the FP+ I wanted!!!

The only one that i can't get at the perfect time is the A&E Meet and Greet, but I got it for my two girls and it isn't at a horrible time either.  It is from 5:40pm - 6:40pm.  We were going to be back in TomorrowLand by that time, but we can linger in FantasyLand.  The boys and I have a FP+ for the Haunted Mansion at the same time, so that will work well.

We also got 7 Dwarves Mine Train Ride for all of us!

I can't believe how wonderfully it all worked out.  When i first saw that I could start reserving FP+, I started getting anxious.  Then, the laptop i was using crashed!  I quickly, with minimal tears, made my way to my PC.  It took me about 40 minutes to get everything done, but they are done.

I didn't do screen captures because I won't be bringing my PC into the parks.  LOL  I did print everything out.  I think tomorrow, i will have Sarah take pictures with her iPhone so we will have a back-up in the parks.

The only piece left to our little puzzle is a FP+ to BOG.  But honestly, I am not going to stress about it.  It will be a low crowd day and the line goes quickly.

Okay, I'm off to bed.  thanks for letting me share my excitement!

Talk about a plan coming together!

I got all the FP+ I wanted!!!

The only one that i can't get at the perfect time is the A&E Meet and Greet, but I got it for my two girls and it isn't at a horrible time either.  It is from 5:40pm - 6:40pm.  We were going to be back in TomorrowLand by that time, but we can linger in FantasyLand.  The boys and I have a FP+ for the Haunted Mansion at the same time, so that will work well.

We also got 7 Dwarves Mine Train Ride for all of us!

I can't believe how wonderfully it all worked out.  When i first saw that I could start reserving FP+, I started getting anxious.  Then, the laptop i was using crashed!  I quickly, with minimal tears, made my way to my PC.  It took me about 40 minutes to get everything done, but they are done.

I didn't do screen captures because I won't be bringing my PC into the parks.  LOL  I did print everything out.  I think tomorrow, i will have Sarah take pictures with her iPhone so we will have a back-up in the parks.

The only piece left to our little puzzle is a FP+ to BOG.  But honestly, I am not going to stress about it.  It will be a low crowd day and the line goes quickly.

Okay, I'm off to bed.  thanks for letting me share my excitement!

You can still do the screen capture and email it to you or Sarah. Glad you got what you wanted!