Busch Gardens Stumbles in Summer Battle with Disney/Universal

Today's Tampa Bay Times reported that Busch Gardens has indefinitely delayed the opening of its big new ride, Falcon's Fury:  http://www.tampabay.com/features/travel/attractions/busch-gardens-falcons-fury-delayed-until-later-this-summer/2181803

The article states:

It also puts Busch Gardens at a disadvantage over other area theme parks gearing up for the busy summer season with new attractions. On Wednesday, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train officially opened at Disney's Magic Kingdom. Harry Potter's Diagon Alley is expected to open in the next month at Universal Studios.

TCD

After InBev sold the amusement parks in 2009 to Blackstone, many beer-affiliated traditions ended, including the tradition of offering free beer samples in their Hospitality Centers, and Brewmaster Clubs would come to an end in the parks

They got rid of the Clydesdale Stables there and at SeaWorld also, or at least you never see horses in them.

They ripped down the Brewery back in 95 or 96 since it wasn't profitable, but it also allowed the park to expand.

We haven't been to Sea World in ages either.

But we are lucky enough to have a Budweiser plant nearby and the Clydesdales are there in the summer.  The grounds/barn where they are housed are beautiful and it's free to visit.  And if you take the free brewery tour, you get to see them AND get free samples.  :)

It’s training day at the Anheuser-Busch Clydesdale stables in Merrimack, NH. While the East Coast Hitch is home, the horses need to get daily workouts to stay in peak condition so they can preform at their highest ability.

The great thing about having a home base in Merrimack at the hitch horse training ground is having access to the training equipment, including extra wagons and work harness. The handlers are able to hitch pairs, groups of four, and groups of six to help perfect the horse’s ability to pull and perform.

1392410045270.jpg

1392410019272.jpg

On a beautiful fall day it is a great time to add in a new hitch horse to get them familiar with their new team and handlers. In this training session Ivan, a 4 year old, is in the right lead with Don, our veteran who will help keep him on track. In the swing team Sumo (right) and Drew (left) are helping to keep Ivan in line and moving smoothly, as well. Bringing up the rear in the wheel team is Jack (right) and Greg (left) who are amazing anchors and keep the wagon in the right place. Dave and Eric two of the drivers for the East Coast Hitch are showing great leadership and driving abilities.

1390504913791.jpg

1392757088820.jpg

http://www.budweiser.com/clydesdales/blog/training-day-east-coast-hitch-merrimack-nh.html

But we are lucky enough to have a Budweiser plant nearby and the Clydesdales are there in the summer.  The grounds/barn where they are housed are beautiful and it's free to visit.  And if you take the free brewery tour, you get to see them AND get free samples.  :)

http://www.budweiser.com/clydesdales/blog/training-day-east-coast-hitch-merrimack-nh.html

Another reason to go visit Mo.

Busch was on the Friday news in Tampa.

All they will say is the Falcon's Fury has not finished safety checks and they won't give a new opening day.

Guess they have egg on their faces because it didn't open 5/1. 

They were offering preferred pass holders special times/days before the grand opening, and they even had contests on the tv and radio to win early tickets.

But we are lucky enough to have a Budweiser plant nearby and the Clydesdales are there in the summer.  The grounds/barn where they are housed are beautiful and it's free to visit.  And if you take the free brewery tour, you get to see them AND get free samples. 

I had a 7 year design contract with a company in Merrimack. It was less than 10 minutes from the brewery. 

Every now and then we'd go over and look at the Clydesdales during lunch. Nice memory.

I had a 7 year design contract with a company in Merrimack. It was less than 10 minutes from the brewery. 

Every now and then we'd go over and look at the Clydesdales during lunch. Nice memory.

Now there's a really good Italian restaurant right up the street.

Just sayin...  :)

But we are lucky enough to have a Budweiser plant nearby and the Clydesdales are there in the summer. The grounds/barn where they are housed are beautiful and it's free to visit. And if you take the free brewery tour, you get to see them AND get free samples. :)

Oh i would like to go there. Kinda far :(

Our last visit to Busch Gardens was in 1975.  We weren't impressed.  It seems that the major additions are thrill rides, which we aren't fans of.  Any reason for us to revisit?

Yes, most of the major attractions are thrill rides. We take our granddaughters and let them pick their rides. The 9 year old is now tall enough to go on any one she wants. The 5 year old likes the tamer ones.

They have a few good shows, the train and sky ride along with the safari ride.

It was more fun when you could get a couple of free beers and wander around

I like Italian. :)

The reasons are just stacking up!  8)

Oh i would like to go there. Kinda far :(

Nonsense!  You're probably only 4-6 hours away... and the guest house is open.  :)

(plus at this rate, Jason will probably be camped out in my back yard anyway)

The reasons are just stacking up!  8)

Nonsense!  You're probably only 4-6 hours away... and the guest house is open.  :)

(plus at this rate, Jason will probably be camped out in my back yard anyway)

As long as I get to play with your crazy collies I will have a great time. 

Woohoo!! GG in Mo's backyard!

3 hours away from where we will be in CT in August, but that may be a bit of a stretch for a side trip lol

I can take a direct flight from Nashville right into Mo's office.  I'd love to hang out in the backyard eating lobster mac n crack.  

As long as I get to play with your crazy collies I will have a great time. 

So... what are y'all waiting for?!

I have cheese ends in my freezer, and I'm not afraid to use them.   8)