DisDining.com Announces More New Testing

See here:  http://www.disneydining.com/big-changes-tested-property-disney-guests/

Stating this Monday June 16th a select number of Disney World resorts will be testing a direct check in process where guests can go directly to their rooms without stopping by the check-in desk.

Reports say that this will include guests at the Contemporary Resort, Bay Lake Tower, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas – Jambo House and Kidani Village.  This test that is set to last about two weeks beginning on June 16, 2014, and going through June 28, 2014.

Pre-selected guests will be able to bypass the front desk at the participating Disney Resorts by:

• Creating a My Disney Experience account
  • Connecting your Disney Resorts’ reservation to it
  • Being paid in full
  • Completing their online check-in
  • Setting up a PIN number on their MDE account
  • Receiving your MagicBands

Participating Disney Guests will receive a notification email a few days before arrival with instructions.

About an hour or so before their check-in time, guests will receive a text with their room number. They can then proceed directly to their room.

If the test goes well, I am sure we can expect further testing and roll out across all Disney World Resorts.

I originally brought up the idea on the "other board" and people shot it does because of carry on luggage. ( I guess they don't fly southwest or like to hog the over head bins with all of their clothes.) But if you allow guest to check carry ons at the DME and provide the luggage claim tickets, most of their negatives goes away. Then they bought up room check in and picking up tickets at the resorts instead of at the parks CS counters.  Well, it sounds like MB is eliminating all the previous issues.

Really, guests in their rooms/resorts are not spending $, so the goal should be to have them in the parks or shopping at DTD. The more stuff you see, the more they buy. 

Hummm, I bet Disney will link your MB info with Starbucks info to know that you want a particular ice coffee drink when it is hot outside and have it ready for you when you walk down Main street.

Now all I need is a shuttle to the airport on the home side of the trip.

You mean from your house to the airport? That would be nice if the mouse had that covered too lol.

We finally found the best parking lot. They are about 10 mins from PHL so you drive to their lot, check in and they have a driver get in your car and drive you there. No shuttles, no moving luggage, no long walks in lots, etc. then they take your car back and park it.

If you fly and use DME, that already happens. 

Unless it has changed since the last time I stayed at a resort, you had to get back to your resort to take the DME bus.  The bus did not pick up at the parks or DTD. The easy first step for them might be to allow you to take the CR (MK), or board walk buses (EP or MGM), AKL (AK), Saratoga springs (DTD).

Unless it has changed since the last time I stayed at a resort, you had to get back to your resort to take the DME bus.  The bus did not pick up at the parks or DTD. The easy first step for them might be to allow you to take the CR (MK), or board walk buses (EP or MGM), AKL (AK), Saratoga springs (DTD).

Yes, you are right, unless the DTD bus is still running. I was thinking about how we checked in but went straight the the MK from the Poly because our bags were on the DME.