So that means if the Fort is getting the shaft it is because the Fort paid for the shaft.

That would be correct if it were the case, but IMO it's not.

With an exception here and there, the level of bus service is pretty much the same at all the resorts.

There may be, but I haven't seen an official specific bus wait time. The closest thing to giving out a wait time is upon arrival at the parks where they'll announce over the PA that buses depart APPROXIMATELY every 20 minutes. What does approximately mean?  And if asked, CMs, should tell you," ABOUT every 20 minutes".

No resort gets the shaft because each one contracts WDW Transport for whatever level of service they want, and presumably receive.

I heard that last night on the boats. If that is true, why did we just miss the boat from the MK back to the campground, wait well over a half hour to 45 minutes then he shuffled onto the lodge boat ? What happened to the contracted campground boat? This was at 7pm so there really was no excuse where in the world the campground boat disappeared to. Then went we went to see the EWP that night, there are all 3 larger boats waiting to get to the campground dock like rubber ducks bobbing in a tub. I know the boats are a whole other issue. Just seems like it keeps getting more disorganized out there

That would be correct if it were the case, but IMO it's not.

With an exception here and there, the level of bus service is pretty much the same at all the resorts.

True that.  But it does mean that no one is looking down at the Fort from the command center of bus depot.

Feeling a bit like "Little Mary Sunshine" today, so I want to say instead of letting the slow transportatin be a probem try to make the best of the situation. We don't hurry when on vacation - that includes waiting for transportation. Part of the Disney trip is waiting so I try to look at it as a chance to hold conversations with my family and great "strangers" from all over the place. On our last trip during a long wait we met a lady that worked for the National Zoo who showed us video on her phone of the brand new baby panda just after birth. It was just amazing and wouldn't have happened if we weren't waiting for something. So, remember the magic can happen anywhere.

So that means if the Fort is getting the shaft it is because the Fort paid for the shaft.

Best summation of an issue. Evah.  :rofl2:

We mostly use Disney transportation when we're there, and rarely find ourselves waiting forever for anything.

There's always a few instances in the course of the 3 weeks we're there, but usually it's because we stayed until park close or decided to go over to MK as the EWP was coming over... and really, we know better in those cases.

Otherwise, despite Lou telling us to stay off the damn buses, we've been pretty happy with Disney transportation.  Happy enough that even though we have a vehicle with us, we rarely use it.

But it does mean that no one is looking down at the Fort from the command center of bus depot.

Don't feel left out because other than the values, I don't think there are transportation surveillance cameras at the resort bus stops. And even at the values, they only monitor them during the morning rush.

And again except for the resorts that are being visually monitored, buses are dispatched based on being next in line and time interval, but that only works if there is a bus available to send. So even if it's the Fort's turn and time to get a bus, it may not get one that satisfies the approximately 20 minute wait time because they are all busy.

We have basically been happy with the transportation system. There have been times when the wait was

longer than it should have been, but you just have to go with the flow so to speak. The funny thing is

that my granddaughter (she is 3) is visiting Disneyland now because they are stationed at Camp Pendleton. They were walking from their hotel (off property, but walkable) and the first thing she asked was where

were the Disney buses. She particularly wanted to know where the yellow bus was to take her to the

castle. She loves the bus!!!

We decided to venture into downtown Nashua Saturday night and pretend we were at Epcot.... started with some sushi, wandered over to check out the new Mexican place for fresh guacamole and margaritas, and ended at the Irish pub for some beers and live music.

It was actually quite fun, except for the fact that the Disney bus never came to take us home.  8)

It's considered distracted driving. You gotta be kidding me. That came down from Disney transportation bosses?

I don't know if it's a Disney or a DOT regulation, but I do agree that it is distracted driving.

Whenever I ride a WDW bus, I want the driver to get me to my destination safely, be courteous, pleasant, and professional. 

I can wait 15 minutes to be entertained.

I had a DME bus driver once (which I understand is a Mears driver and not Disney) that wanted to entertain us with some Disney trivia.  Only problem is his mic wasn't working and kept cutting out. 

He was much too concerned with getting the mic to work than keeping his eyes on the road for the whole ride.  I was sitting in the front seat and while I'm not normally a nervous passenger, this guy was making me more than antsy, especially since it was also intermittently raining and he was alternating between fussing with the window shade, wipers and mic.  Yikes!

Originally the little black box that the drivers get the route info could be interfaced with at all times. Drivers were setting, changing it as they were going down the road.

At first, management issued a rule that drivers are not to mess with the box while the bus is in motion. But some idiot drivers didn't follow the rule and got caught. Reprimands were given and even a few terminations.

Just having a rule didn't work, so the next step was to electronically prevent any input by the driver while the bus is moving at more than 5 mph. That's what it is now.

If required, drivers enter the routing code, adjust the PA volume, get directions, or load a pre-programmed PA announcement when the bus is stopped or moving very slowly.