I am wondering if others are seeing more issues with transportation lately. The boats have been getting worse each trip with longer waits even for the small boat to the contemporary. I understand ther are more wheelchairs and scooters which hold up a lot, but you would think at least at peak times they would compensate. We usually have always had good luck with the buses up until this trip. The worst was this morning. I wanted to run to DHS quick this morning to pick up a few new Star Wars stuff and waited over an hour for a lodge/campground bus. Myself and the rest of the line counted 17....yes 17 Caribbean Beach buses come to DHS during that time. I am really patient with transportation but this was a little extreme. Maybe Lou can shed some light on why all transportation seems slower more often. I'm not complaining just very irritated this morning

During the AM peak time, the entire WDW transportation system is concentrating on getting people to the parks from the resorts.

If you're leaving a park during this time, you're of secondary importance, as you should be. They will get to you ASAP, but you'll have to take a back seat. And you better be visible while waiting at the bus stop because they're on a visual dispatch system at that time.

If you're expectations while traveling against the grain are the usual 20 minutes, think again. There are only so many buses and they want to optimize their usage. 

If you're expectations while traveling against the grain are the usual 20 minutes, think again. There are only so many buses and they want to optimize their usage.

And too many bus drivers go at 25 mph instead of the posted 40 mph on most roads. :banghead:

It depends on the destination, time of year, and time of day.

EPCOT, 3pm, waiting 45-60 minutes on a bus to the fort?  Happened more than once on our last trip in November 2013.  In 30+ minutes only three buses pulled into EPCOT (obviously none of them for the fort).  The bus station had plenty of people waiting.

What have I been telling you people for years?

So if you decide to use the buses, you can't complain about them.

Decide?  What decision is there for those of us who arrive at the fort without a car in tow?

If you will give us $5,000 to get our CR-V equipped to tow, we will stay off the buses.  

Our decision for the last couple of years has been whether to go to Disney or get a Blue Ox installed.  Disney always wins out.

It was at 9:30 this morning. I understand getting people to the park takes precendent to people leaving the park at the time I as heading back. I thought I heard somewhere buses run every 30 minutes. Maybe I was wrong. I know us trailer trash do not get the shaft but at times it seems like it

Maybe it's just me but rarely do we wait more than 15-20 minutes for any bus. And I've timed them. Stay at a off site resort and try their bus system. You'll really love Disney buses.

I managed restaurants for years and I always told my staff to greet a customer within 60 seconds because 60 seconds to a hungry guest is like 5-10 minutes to them. I challenge you to actually time the buses and not just guess what it "feels" like.

I thought I heard somewhere buses run every 30 minutes. Maybe I was wrong.

There may be, but I haven't seen an official specific bus wait time. The closest thing to giving out a wait time is upon arrival at the parks where they'll announce over the PA that buses depart APPROXIMATELY every 20 minutes. What does approximately mean?  And if asked, CMs, should tell you," ABOUT every 20 minutes".

I know us trailer trash do not get the shaft but at times it seems like it

No resort gets the shaft because each one contracts WDW Transport for whatever level of service they want, and presumably receive.

Stay at a off site resort and try their bus system. You'll really love Disney buses.

I did that "once"...... only once

I was trying to do a solo trip really cheap many many years ago, and stayed on I-Drive, ugggggh  only two departure times in the morning, and only two departure times in the evening, close to park close time. Since I arrived mid-day the first day, there were no more buses that day, so had to take a taxi.  On departure day, I knew enough to schedule my Mears from the Contemporary, so I wouldn't have to take a taxi BACK to the hotel to get to the airport.