First attempt at a Trip Report, Father's Day Weekend

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me see if I got this all right:   You have a big trailer so you can have your mom and sister as guests.   Your gramps rocks a Carousel of Progress shirt.   You have a girlfriend who appears to be

Thanks for the responses guys, I promise I will end this report soon and not let it drag on forever! It's been a weird 10 days at work and I haven't been able to set time aside to finish my last piece. Thanks for your patience!

Cody

IMG_2184_zps47a9ecf2.jpg

IMG_2196_zpsca3c8048.jpg

IMG_2208_zpsc9296920.jpg

First picture: Are you wearing a Disney shirt and i just don't recognize it?  Or are you the party pooper?

Second picture: I believe that is the bench that Nicki and Kimmie were sitting on when Judy went all crazy eyed on them.  (For context: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/9191-throw-some-glitter-on-it-sugar-knees-aka-womenz-gone-wild-2013/?hl=womenz )

Third picture: I love your sister's dress and wondered where it was bought cause I really want one.  

Lastly, did it rain at all while you were there?

Great job with the cell phone!

I can't help but notice how wet everything looks in your photos.  Did it rain or something?

I have encountered a long line for FP+ return at BTMRR, but not as long as the one you described.  That is very odd.  What a mess.

I'm looking forward to the rest.

TCD

This has happened to us before.  When there is a threat of lightning they will close down any outdoor attraction.  It must remain closed (I think) for 30 minutes after the last lightning strike recorded in x mile radius.  They will honor your fastpasses for the rest of the day if the ride was closed during your window.  As soon as people hear that the ride is back in operation they flock in droves to the line.  One time we went to use our late afternoon fastpasses at Toy Story Midway Mania only to discover the line way, way out of the building and no one in the standby line .  In asking around we found out that the ride had been down over half the day and now everyone with fastpasses given out that day were converging on it.  There was such a rush that they closed standby knowing those people might not ever get the chance to ride that day.

BTW, great trip report!

Keep it coming.   

Marty - you are correct, I am the party pooper.....come to think of it, I'm not sure that I own any Disney shirts, I will have to fix that. I do have a pin trading lanyard, but forgot to wear it that day.

As far as the dress goes, it was bought at Agrabah Bazaar across from The Magic Carpets of Aladdian.

It might have rained a little.......

Janet -

That makes perfect sense. I've encountered the same thing before and knew it was due to a ride closure. Looking back on that night, I believe I am biased towards not liking the new FP+ system because I don't like change, and it was easy to blame it on that, rather than stand back and take an objective look at it. Thanks for clearing that up!

Cody

• 4 weeks later...

Ok ladies and gentlemen, I’m back. 

Sorry, it was a crazy couple of weeks at work, and I couldn’t find time to wrap up the loose ends of this TR, but as promised, here we are.

Just a recap. We set up on Friday, DGF and I did DHS, came back, looped (emptied the cooler). Saturday, Mom, Grandpa, and Sister came to visit, we did MK. 

It also rained.

Moving on.....

On Father’s Day I woke up early and decided to take my Mom looping in the morning, since we were the only ones awake. As I mentioned before, we were in the 1400 loop, site 1435, right next to the comfort station that is used by the campfire and movie guests. 

So thats what the majority of my pictures are of....the Meadow area in the morning.

Mornings are so peaceful at The Fort, I believe it’s my favorite time of the day. 

Here are the long awaited pictures of The Fort.....specifically the Meadow area

IMG_2217_zpsbcfefbec.jpg

IMG_2218_zps79c0b264.jpg

IMG_2219_zps2a546f79.jpg

IMG_2220_zpsbe7692c1.jpg

IMG_2223_zpsba8e2a2d.jpg

IMG_2224_zps206b95f2.jpg

IMG_2225_zps17c4ce7d.jpg

IMG_2226_zpsdd518d6b.jpg

IMG_2227_zps63c28e21.jpg

IMG_2228_zps33602139.jpg

IMG_2229_zpsec463de4.jpg

IMG_2230_zps6eb4c34b.jpg

Here’s “Fishing at The Fort” Does anyone do this? I think I’d like to give it a try.

IMG_2221_zpsba2ebcc9.jpg

IMG_2222_zps8d9dd9e9.jpg

Later on in the day DGF’s Father and Mother came out to visit for Father’s Day.....and it rained...again. I didn’t take any pictures, again, because of the weather.

Except this one, when I was the tour guide for Mom and DGF’s Mom.

10447401_1436999783237915_77972693552696

I did however get to take Grandpa on his tour of The Fort before we left, and he really enjoyed it. 

He actually can’t stop talking about it, and when he’s going to come back to Florida and camp with The Mouse again.

After the Father’s Day festivities and the rain. My Mother, DGF, and myself went looping again, with the same cooler we had on Friday night. And just as it was Friday night, no pictures were taken. 

We packed up Monday morning and returned beachside with very sad faces.  

But The Fort bug had bit me again, and that evening after we were done cleaning the camper, I pulled out DGF and my work schedules and came out with a time for us to go again. We are booked for a preferred site (100-300 loops) for the first time in September  (5th-7th).

Again guys, I really do apologize that it took me so long to wrap up this report, and that the wind was taken out of my sails, I hate that work can sometimes do that to me. 

Anyhow, I promise that the next trip report will be more entertaining and will definitely have more pictures.

Until then......

Cody

Great TR, don't worry about taking more pictures.  Enjoy the Fort and WDW.  If picture taking is something that you enjoy and have time to do, then do it.  I enjoy just reading about peoples adventures.  I know my TR are mainly pictures of my DD.  I try to take pictures that I think are interesting, but most of the time the camera is with my DW and I only have my phone with me.

Great trip report!

I liked your pictures of Main Street. The best picture I have of the castle was taken with my iPhone.

Your sisters smile is beautiful.

Looking forward to hearing about your September trip.