First attempt at a Trip Report, Father's Day Weekend

Upcoming will be nighttime at MK, consisting of some more pics in New Fantasyland, Wishes, and me making a decision that now, at 11pm on a Saturday night, I should take some pics, join FF and make a TR. So get ready for an overload of Main Street, USA pictures, at night, taken with a cell phone. Exciting stuff.

Cody

Best decision you will ever make lol!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me see if I got this all right:   You have a big trailer so you can have your mom and sister as guests.   Your gramps rocks a Carousel of Progress shirt.   You have a girlfriend who appears to be

Let me see if I got this all right:

You have a big trailer so you can have your mom and sister as guests.

Your gramps rocks a Carousel of Progress shirt.

You have a girlfriend who appears to be way out of your league.

And you have now joined the Fiends.

You, sir, are the man.

Great job so far on your first TR. Keep it coming!

TCD

Great update and it is cool that your grandfather has a limited COP  Tee...   Your sister's photo is beautiful and captures what many,  if not all of us feel like at Disney.   I hope she had a wonderful time,  and thanks for being such a great brother.  

Thank you all for the kind words! It means a lot to me.

Let me see if I got this all right:

You have a big trailer so you can have your mom and sister as guests.

Your gramps rocks a Carousel of Progress shirt.

You have a girlfriend who appears to be way out of your league.

And you have now joined the Fiends.

You, sir, are the man.

Great job so far on your first TR. Keep it coming!

TCD

You got it right.....but you missed one thing, and it's hard to see. My Mom had a IASM shirt as well, I'm assuming its limited as well since she got that one and the COP at the same time.  And yes.......she's way out of my league.

Great update.
Great pix.
You have a beautiful sister.

FF.net. Section 10 paragraph 3 states.
In order to join FF.net a mans significant other must be out of his league.

Thank you!

Great update and it is cool that your grandfather has a limited COP  Tee...   Your sister's photo is beautiful and captures what many,  if not all of us feel like at Disney.   I hope she had a wonderful time,  and thanks for being such a great brother.  

I agree, thats how big our inside smiles are.

Awesome family pictures! 

Glad you joined us and decided to write a report. 

And you and Nick do look like brothers!

I'm glad I decided to as well!

Cody

Ok....moving on.

Where we left off, we had just rode the SDMT. Once again, not a bad ride, I did enjoy it, even though the ending came quick.

After the SDMT we went over to ride Space Mountain. Guess what? No pictures from there either. Next up COP, same deal, no pictures. 

I promise on my next TR that I WILL take more pictures, but for now, this is it.

After COP we took a leisurely walk on the path east of the race cars over to Mickey's Toontown Fair Storybook Circus. I still like that the walkway is “off the beaten path” and not really that crowded....its nice.

Our plan was to take the WDWRR over to FL (which abbreviation do we use for Frontierland and which one for Fantasyland?) to use our FP+ on the BTMRR (look at all of those FF abbreviations! Go me!)

But before we go on the WDWRR, we had to get a snack. Grandpa wanted a Mickey Bar.

So he got one.

IMG_2179_zpse354e859.jpg

Notice the IASM shirt my Mom is wearing? Told you....we’re Disney fans.

Here’s the same pictures with more going on.

IMG_2182_zps0379e337.jpg

Oh look! Heres where Goofy crashed. I wonder if that hurt? ???

IMG_2183_zps3b98eeb5.jpg

Ok lets get back on track here....we were headed over to ride the WDWRR. (See what I did there??) After a relatively short wait the train pulled into the station, we loaded up and we were off on our “3 day tour of the MK”. But since we only went half way, I’m assuming that we were only on it for 1 1/2 days. Boy I hope they still honor out FP+ at BTMRR (we shall see shortly). Hopefully the Conductor pours the liquid schwartz into the engine so we can shed some time off of this tour.

Heres out of my league DGF and myself on the train

IMG_2184_zps47a9ecf2.jpg

We arrived safely at our destination at what I can only assume was 36 hours later. Boy was I glad to be off that train. I can only take sitting on those seats for so long.

Heres a picture of Grandpa in front of the Splash Mountain side. 

IMG_2186_zpsa558d388.jpg

Notice how wet it is.

It rained while we were at WDW for Father’s Day weekend.

Not sure if I mentioned it yet.

So now, here we are at the base of BTMRR and little do we know that we are about to experience our first FP+ fail. Just note, I like the old system better. 

When we selected our times we couldn’t get all 4 of us in the same window because we were using two different MDE accounts, my Mom’s and mine. So how it ended up working out is Mom and Grandpa got one window, and DGF and I got the very next one. We were nearing the end of Mom and Grandpa’s window so we thought we were gold. They would ride, we would watch my sister, then by the time they got off, it would be our turn.

Great plan.

I’m a genius.

Mom and Grandpa check in, and off they go. DGF and I are standing under the pavilion that covered the old BTMRR FP stations.

Heres where the failure begins to unfold.

Mom and Grandpa have been gone for about 4 minutes now. Out of no where, or at least thats what I think, a swarm of people start lining up in the FP+ line for BTMRR. When I say swarm, I mean it. This line got so long, (for FP+) that it was wrapping to the left towards us by the pavilion. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Shortly after, Mom and Grandpa get off and meet us, and tell us how awesome that ride is, especially at night. I'm now excited to ride it. DGF and I are now thinking that everyone must be confused and they should be standing in the stand by line. Surely there aren’t that many people that have a FP+, so we randomly select 3 people at different points in the line, which now has an end on the stairs down to Splash Mountain, and they all confirm that they have FP+ and that this is in fact the FP+ line. 

How do you guys say it........WHAT THE FORT happened?

Long story short, (not really), DGF and I decide that we’ve been on BTMRR enough and we should go get a good vantage point for the Main Street Electrical Parade. As we start to exit the swarm of people we hear a PA announcement that “Due to inclement weather” the parade has been cancelled for the evening. 

It rained while we were at WDW for Father’s Day weekend.

Not sure if I mentioned it yet.

Oh well, now we have some time. We take a small detour over to AL to ride POTC.

Jack still gets the treasure despite everyone’s best efforts.

Oh, and the dog still has the keys. Those poor guys have been locked up since the 1970s, I think they paid for their crimes against the crown. Whatever they may be.

After POTC we pointed towards Main Street, USA and it was somewhere on this leg of the journey that I decided “You know what, I’m going to take a ton of pictures, join FF, and make a TR.”

So thats what I did.

On Main Street, USA

At 11pm, in the rain, with a cell phone camera.

Enjoy.

IMG_2204_zps26c85c7b.jpg

IMG_2194_zpsab8811cc.jpg

IMG_2196_zpsca3c8048.jpg

IMG_2191_zps7cdcdff0.jpg

IMG_2193_zps94007895.jpg

Anyone ever watch the guys at Crystal Arts? Pretty cool stuff they do, I’d like to learn it. But then again, I see myself ending up in the Burn Ward of our local hospital if I attempt it, so thats just a pipe dream.....

IMG_2195_zps213d1430.jpg

IMG_2203_zpsf5af6c3f.jpg

Grandpa relaxing.

IMG_2199_zps265b1df5.jpg

Mom, Grandpa, sister humoring me.

IMG_2208_zpsc9296920.jpg

Does anyone actually use these? Can you send mail from Main Street, USA to Anywhere, USA?

IMG_2201_zps7b3a3deb.jpg

I guess I should've read the sign and pulled down where it says PULL DOWN. But I didn't.

UPDATE:

As I'm proof reading this report before posting it, I have had a close look at the sign. In fact, you CAN send mail. It's collected daily. I should just delete the comments above asking if we can do it. But that wouldn't be right. I want to uphold the integrity of the FF forum and not present a false version of Cody.

BACK TO THE REPORT.

Light pole with flower baskets. I like these better with Mickey pumpkins on them.

IMG_2202_zpsea5ef7b3.jpg

And now....some subpar pics of wishes....

IMG_2210_zps726076fa.jpg

IMG_2209_zpsc2f2884b.jpg

IMG_2213_zpsda79c39d.jpg

I like how patriotic Main Street, USA was. Reminded me of the 1920s COP scene. Very nice.....

I’ll leave off there.

Upcoming in the next update will be our Father’s Day at The Fort, we finally get to tour around a little bit and the sad day we all dread.....check out day...

Until then,

Cody