• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm the same way about anything princess and BBB, but if I ever have granddaughters, all bets are off

Well, I have to take back some of the criticism I dished out about this earlier. We checked on this Frozen stuff this past weekend The parade was cute. They have a few of the floats from the MVMCP

I am calling it right now- the live band is going to be Mulch, Sweat and Shears in snowflake hats.  Heaven help us.   TCD

My money is on these...

OTS706695-613x916.jpg

LOL.  You are probably right.

Oy.

Things I'm seeing on facebook... I'm changing 2 of my days, so we can spend more time at DHS. I predict 2-5 hour lines for everything. 

I'm not so sure about that.  Only because they didn't announce this very far in advance, and so far I have seen them publicize it very much.  Plus, it's going on every night all summer.  I don't think it's going to draw SWW crowds.  Then again, I still can't believe anyone waits 4 hours to meet the characters.  But, they do.

I do agree that the first few days will likely be a mess.

TCD

I am calling it right now- the live band is going to be Mulch, Sweat and Shears in snowflake hats.  Heaven help us.

TCD

What's wrong with them? I've seen their truck for years but never stopped to listen to them until about 3 months ago. That was a great show...snowflake hats or not...lol. Maybe for the frozen thing they can be slush, sweat and shovels...lol

What's wrong with them? I've seen their truck for years but never stopped to listen to them until about 3 months ago. That was a great show...snowflake hats or not...lol. Maybe for the frozen thing they can be slush, sweat and shovels...lol

I like them, but then they usually play a lot of the music I grew up with.  8)

Link didn't work for me but this did

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/07/ice-skating-begins-july-5-at-oakens-frozen-funland-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

My favorite part "guests can bring their own equipment" there's nothing I love more than lugging my ice skates and helmet through a theme park in July!

Link didn't work for me but this did

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/07/ice-skating-begins-july-5-at-oakens-frozen-funland-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

My favorite part "guests can bring their own equipment" there's nothing I love more than lugging my ice skates and helmet through a theme park in July!

Ha ha! That's what I was thinking too! 

You know what I was thinking?

It just got done snowing up north here about a week ago.

Hey everyone, lets drive to WDW so we can go ice skating!

This is lame with a capital LAME.

I guess its okay that Universal has Diagon Alley opening soon bc you can ice skate at DHS for only your $99 admission plus an extra $10.

What a deal.

But it is somthing new for a Florida Resident that is not always in ice.

The thing is that there are ice skating rinks in Florida, so this is not a novelty for Florida residents.

There's a mall not ten minutes from my house that has an indoor skating rink-real ice-they have a Zamboni and everything.  Then down at Clearwater Beach, they have an outdoor rink set up with some kind of plastic surface that is supposed to replicate ice.

There are several huge indoor skating facilities in the Tampa Bay area, where they offer serious ice skating lessons and ice hockey for youth.

I will be very interested to see what kind of "ice" rink they set up in that soundstage.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually some kind of plastic surface.  I bet whatever it is, it's going to be lame.

TCD

From the Disney Parks Blog...

As our Entertainment author Shawn Slater shared last week, we have some very exciting new offerings launching this Saturday, July 5, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort that are inspired by the film Disney’s “Frozen” – including a new procession, sing-along, merchandise shop, snow activities, nighttime fireworks spectacular and more! (Be sure to check out Shawn’s original post here for full details).

The Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package, available daily from July 5 – September 1, 2014 (with the exception of August 23), will offer guests reserved viewing for three of the park’s most anticipated new experiences. This package is a great way to see Princess Anna and Queen Elsa. Guests who book the package will check in at Min and Bills Dockside Diner starting at 10:30 a.m., then enjoy refreshments and reserved viewing for Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession at 11:00 a.m. Later on, they’ll experience reserved seating at one showing of For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, which takes place between 12:30-7 p.m. The evening will end from 8:30 – 10PM with an exclusive dessert party in a reserved area for viewing of the nighttime Frozen fireworks spectacular. (Note: Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession and the dessert party offers a reserved viewing area, no seating is available. Wheelchairs and ECVs will be accommodated).

Packages cost $59 for adults and $34 for children (including tax and gratuity). Discounts do not apply. Park admission is required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Book this package now by calling 407-939-1939.

(Note: Guests will receive a credential for identification during the Royal Welcome procession viewing. If you are not able to attend the Royal Welcome procession viewing, please visit Guest Relations to check-in between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. and select a show time for the sing-along celebration. After 8 p.m., please check-in at Min and Bill’s. Credential identification is non-transferrable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.)

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/07/book-frozen-summer-fun-premium-package-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

From the Disney Parks Blog...

As our Entertainment author Shawn Slater shared last week, we have some very exciting new offerings launching this Saturday, July 5, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort that are inspired by the film Disney’s “Frozen” – including a new procession, sing-along, merchandise shop, snow activities, nighttime fireworks spectacular and more! (Be sure to check out Shawn’s original post here for full details).

The Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package, available daily from July 5 – September 1, 2014 (with the exception of August 23), will offer guests reserved viewing for three of the park’s most anticipated new experiences. This package is a great way to see Princess Anna and Queen Elsa. Guests who book the package will check in at Min and Bills Dockside Diner starting at 10:30 a.m., then enjoy refreshments and reserved viewing for Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession at 11:00 a.m. Later on, they’ll experience reserved seating at one showing of For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, which takes place between 12:30-7 p.m. The evening will end from 8:30 – 10PM with an exclusive dessert party in a reserved area for viewing of the nighttime Frozen fireworks spectacular. (Note: Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession and the dessert party offers a reserved viewing area, no seating is available. Wheelchairs and ECVs will be accommodated).

Packages cost $59 for adults and $34 for children (including tax and gratuity). Discounts do not apply. Park admission is required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Book this package now by calling 407-939-1939.

(Note: Guests will receive a credential for identification during the Royal Welcome procession viewing. If you are not able to attend the Royal Welcome procession viewing, please visit Guest Relations to check-in between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. and select a show time for the sing-along celebration. After 8 p.m., please check-in at Min and Bill’s. Credential identification is non-transferrable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.)

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/07/book-frozen-summer-fun-premium-package-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

I called that one!:

I wonder how long it will be before they announce the premium seating for the parade and dessert party for the fireworks.

Oh, and why not a Frozen breakfast in the Sci Fi Drive In?

TCD

TCD

The thing is that there are ice skating rinks in Florida, so this is not a novelty for Florida residents.

There's a mall not ten minutes from my house that has an indoor skating rink-real ice-they have a Zamboni and everything.  Then down at Clearwater Beach, they have an outdoor rink set up with some kind of plastic surface that is supposed to replicate ice.

There are several huge indoor skating facilities in the Tampa Bay area, where they offer serious ice skating lessons and ice hockey for youth.

I will be very interested to see what kind of "ice" rink they set up in that soundstage.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually some kind of plastic surface.  I bet whatever it is, it's going to be lame.

TCD

Same here there is a ice ring not far from here. Ther use to be a minor league hockey team that played there but they got sold out.