Chip and Company is announcing the upcoming release of the Magic Band Budget app for iPhone and iPod Touch...

New MagicBand iPhone App Helps you Budget your Trip
June 26, 2014 by Sunshine

Magicband-app.png

If you have ever used a Magic Band wristband at Disney, you know that feeling in your stomach when your account bill arrives; dread. Magic Band Budget app is designed to keep the fun in your Disney vacation!

Magic Band Budget is the first iPhone app of its kind dedicated to help Disney guests save money while at Disney World or Disneyland. This innovative budgeting app helps you track your spending, keeps you aware and in control of your Magic Band account balance, and also includes many other helpful features for guests.

Disney’s Magic Band technology is great, it offers the convenience of paying for purchases with a wristband; however spending can get out of control quickly because it’s so easy and fun to use. Track and budget your Magic Band account with Magic Band Budget app, so you know the exact total you owe at the end of your trip. You will also be able to double check you bill for accuracy, because mistakes do happen.

Magic Band Budget app features:

• Keep track of spending with our easy expense tracker. Create custom categories and either enter a quick costs or detailed descriptions including dates and pictures of receipts.
  • Create a personalized budget with helpful graphs to show you how much money you have left to spend.
  • Countdown clock with customizable text and Facebook integration to get you excited about how much time is left until your Disney trip!
  • Adjustable animated monorails; choose from 12 Disney World Mark VI monorail colors or 3 Disneyland Mark VII colors.
  • Over 45 money saving tips and tricks to use before and while you are at the park.
  • Helpful vacation savings tracker with goal and graph to help you keep an eye on your Disney vacation fund.

Magic Band Budget works independently from your cell network so you will always have access; even when not connected to the internet.

Check out some screenshots:

MagicBand-app-1-200x200.png MagicBand-app-2-200x200.png MagicBand-app-3-200x200.png
magicBand-App-4-200x200.png MagicBand-app-5-200x200.png

To celebrate their grand launch, they are hosting a giveaway! A $25 Disney store gift card, Disney Parks Magic Band Bandits – Set of 4 Park Charms, and a free download of Magic Band Budget App for iPhone IOS are up for grabs! For more information, head over to http://www.magicbandbudget.com/contest/.

Iphone app, Magic Band Budget, will be released July 1st, 2014 and can be purchased through the iTunes store for use with iPhone and iPod touch for $2.99.

Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust

Sunshine

http://www.chipandco.com/magicband-iphone-app-helps-budget-trip-193283/

I know a bunch of people that do.  I'd probably have one if it hadn't taken Verizon so long to get them on their network, as I have Macs across the boards for everything else.  By the time they were available, I was already sold on the Android phone and I can't see going back now.

I know a bunch of people that do.  I'd probably have one if it hadn't taken Verizon so long to get them on their network, as I have Macs across the boards for everything else.  By the time they were available, I was already sold on the Android phone and I can't see going back now.

Same here but with Sprint. My wife had 2 I phones but after she saw my note 3 she had to have one she said you could not give her a I phone now. Other then my sister everybody I know switched to Android.

I'm very anti Apple products and everyone I know that has made the switch from Apple to Android says they'll never go back.

Back on topic though...that is a pretty interesting app, I wonder how it links to your account. Is it magicband specific or per account? I don't think I would ever use it though, I don't want to want to see how much I'm spending on vacation I'd rather be depressed after its over not during.

WBI

WBI

I'm very anti Apple products and everyone I know that has made the switch from Apple to Android says they'll never go back...

WBI

OK... back off topic.  I've had my iPhone 4 for a while.  Why are Android phones better?   Better battery life?   I use mine to check Fort Fiends, Twitter, email, the weather, sports scores and to take pictures. 

OK... back off topic.  I've had my iPhone 4 for a while.  Why are Android phones better?   Better battery life? 

I think it depends on the phone more than the platform.  Both Apple and Android have put out phones that were really good and really lousy in terms of battery life.

I have done Palm, PocketPC and Android before Sprint finally picked up iPhone. I will never go back to Android from iPhone. The fact that 65% of mobile web traffic is iOS speaks volumes. But as that great '80s anthem proclaims DoWhatchaLike!

OK... back off topic.  I've had my iPhone 4 for a while.  Why are Android phones better?   Better battery life?   I use mine to check Fort Fiends, Twitter, email, the weather, sports scores and to take pictures.

It's really just my preference, not a one is better type thing. 

I like the plug-play ability with Android to PC's.  I was not a fan of having to use iTunes for everything.  With Android I can drag and drop any media from anywhere just like playing with folders on a computer.  I prefer the operating system too.

I also think that today's Android phones HTC One and the new Samsung Galaxy's have a slight edge over iphones.

I think it really comes down to some people like Apple and some people like PC type products.  Some friends and family that have Mac's and Iphones will probably never leave the Apple world, at this point they are in so deep they don't want to lose everything they have on iTunes and that's fine, but some people also assume that Apple has the best and newest products and that's just not true.

I think it depends on the phone more than the platform.  Both Apple and Android have put out phones that were really good and really lousy in terms of battery life.

I agree Mo, we've had horrible batteries on both, the HTC Evo was a dog, it would only get about 4 hours of heavy use on a battery, but my HTC One and Samsung S4 can go all day with very heavy use with no problem. 

I have done Palm, PocketPC and Android before Sprint finally picked up iPhone. I will never go back to Android from iPhone. The fact that 65% of mobile web traffic is iOS speaks volumes. But as that great '80s anthem proclaims DoWhatchaLike!

Shannon I know you stay up on your technology, you should really try android again the recent android software and phones over the last year or two are leaps and bounds over their original ones.  By the way the mobile web traffic is much closer these days, 53.1% ios to 44.5% android.

WBI

Please note the opinions stated above are just that opinions, as Shan-man said dowhatcha like, I'm no expert on phones, just a wannabe that once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express! :)

I like the plug-play ability with Android to PC's.  I was not a fan of having to use iTunes for everything.  With Android I can drag and drop any media from anywhere just like playing with folders on a computer.  I prefer the operating system too.

That's where things get weird from me, as every other computer-type device in my life (work and home) is a Mac. 

So... my phone is just my phone and I leave an "unintegrated" life.  8)

Agree about the Galaxy phones.  DH got the S4 fairly recently (shortly before the S5 came out) and looooooooves it.  He had been sitting on an ancient (by today's standards) Droid X for far too long.  Talk about a battery hog!  They were just horrible.

He says now he only charges his phone every few days, where before he had to put it on the charger once or twice a day.

I'm an Android guy.  INC prefers the iPhone.  My personal opinion is that iPhones are better for people who like to just turn it on and use it.  INC gets offended when I say that because she thinks I am claiming that iPhone users are too stupid to appreciate an Android....but I'm not at all saying that.  I just think it's a preference based on your priorities.  I like to customize my phone and I also like it for the reasons Nick stated....I like to simply drop music or other files onto it directly from my PC without having to pull into iTunes and hope it works.  INC doesn't like to think about it at all, and Apple products are typically very good at working quite elegantly out of the box. 

I will say, from personal experience having both types of phones in my family, is that anytime someone switches from one platform to the other during an upgrade, such as Shannon switching from Android to iPhone or vice versa, I think the new phone will blow away the old one.  I don't necessarily think that's an Android is better or iPhone is better thing....it's just that both OS's and the hardware for both are improving at such a rapid pace, that going from a 1 or 2 year old device to a new one regardless of platform will blow you away.  Until your friends start getting the next gen.  LOL. 

I like to customize my phone

That's a big reasons the guys here in the office like them.  They're all developers and IT people and can't wait to get a new phone out of the box to start customizing it... although in their case I think it's more hacking and doing crazy things with the operating system than anything.  They go thorough phones at a ridiculous pace. 8)

... I think the new phone will blow away the old one.  I don't necessarily think that's an Android is better or iPhone is better thing....it's just that both OS's and the hardware for both are improving at such a rapid pace, that going from a 1 or 2 year old device to a new one regardless of platform will blow you away.  Until your friends start getting the next gen.  LOL. 

Agreed!  I think that's a big reason DH loves his S4 so much.  His Droid X was almost 4 years old - that's like a century in phone technology terms.  :rofl2:

I'm an Android guy.  INC prefers the iPhone.  My personal opinion is that iPhones are better for people who like to just turn it on and use it.  INC gets offended when I say that because she thinks I am claiming that iPhone users are too stupid to appreciate an Android....but I'm not at all saying that.  I just think it's a preference based on your priorities.  I like to customize my phone and I also like it for the reasons Nick stated....I like to simply drop music or other files onto it directly from my PC without having to pull into iTunes and hope it works.  INC doesn't like to think about it at all, and Apple products are typically very good at working quite elegantly out of the box. 

I will say, from personal experience having both types of phones in my family, is that anytime someone switches from one platform to the other during an upgrade, such as Shannon switching from Android to iPhone or vice versa, I think the new phone will blow away the old one.  I don't necessarily think that's an Android is better or iPhone is better thing....it's just that both OS's and the hardware for both are improving at such a rapid pace, that going from a 1 or 2 year old device to a new one regardless of platform will blow you away.  Until your friends start getting the next gen.  LOL.

You pretty much nailed it.