We are camping in a pop up. As you know, cant really lock a pop up. We will have some electronics and other valuables. Normally we are not concerned because campers are the best kind of people. But, because there are times that we might be gone all day, we have a little concern. We usually camp at state parks and not rv parks so not too familiar with the security issues. Does the Fort have lockers or lock boxes to rent? We could always put them in the car, but not sure about that do to the heat. Have any of yall ever had problems? What are your suggestions?

We are area so excited. Two days until we leave!!!

There are lockers at the Marina, I believe. You can lock up in your vehicle, but that's going to get hot. While theft isn't all that common, it does occur at the Fort and in fact seems to have increased some over the last few years.

Is there some sort of lock box that you have that you can lock your valuables in and leave it in the popup? We do this and secure it to something inside and leave the ac on in the summer. That way the electronics do not let the expensive smoke out.

If I'm around, for a few beers I'll watch your stuff for you.

Trailers always seem to have some hidden nook or cranny that you can squirrel away stuff and keep it out of sight.

When I was tent camping with electronics, I would put them in a locking footlocker, then chain the footlocker to a tree.

You could do something similar in the popup. Some type of locking box, then chain it to something in the popup.

My dad actually bolted a small safe to the floor of his 5ver.

Someone once told me that most common criminals are lazy. 

If you're leaving anything in your camper, at the very least hide it or go the lock box route as recommended. Even with our hard side camper we make sure not to leave things like laptops in plain view.  No need to tempt anyone.

If they can't easily grab and go in a busy campground, they're likely to move on to the next, easier option.

Ok we hit the honest 10 answer limit...   Now here is what you do...  Just before leaving for the parks,  take your tow vehicle and park it on the grass on your site.   The rangers will drive by every 5 minutes waiting to yell at you for doing that.   You'll have your own security company until you come back to your site.  :popo: :laugh:

Ok we hit the honest 10 answer limit...   Now here is what you do...  Just before leaving for the parks,  take your tow vehicle and park it on the grass on your site.   The rangers will drive by every 5 minutes waiting to yell at you for doing that.   You'll have your own security company until you come back to your site.  :popo: :laugh:

:bellringer:

Best idea ever

OMG I laughed so hard. So if you see a silver tundra in the grass with a six pack on the bumper (for ftwilderness guy) you know we took your advice:)

If you go that route you could leave a pile of electronics in the the bed of the truck next to a pile of cash and feel perfectly secure.  :rofl2:

Note to self:  do NOT sip a mouthfull of pepsi and then read posts!  :rofl2: