A Quick/HOT weekend at the Lake - A Few Random Pics

We decided to take the camper back to the lake. Lake Guntersville State Park.

This was the very first place we took the camper when we got it - 7 Years ago, almost to the week.

Gosh has it been that long........

Anyway, the main purpose of the trip was to unplug a bit, and do some fishin.

I took very few pictures. It was insanely hot!!

Unfortunately, the big tornadoes of April 2011 went through this campground with a vengeance, and took out almost every tree in the place. Some good things though, due to the damage, most of the bath houses were rebuilt. They were nice before, but VERY nice now. They have also upgraded a lot more sites to full hookup.

Not knowing that, however, we requested a partial, cause I knew they had strategically located grey water drains in the area I wanted to be.

After I paid for the site, that's when I discovered my desired area was now full hookup.

So we went to the partial hookup area. As it turns out, it was mostly tent campers. Oh well, live and learn.

Thursday afternoon, we got set up, had some hot dogs for dinner, and went down to the dock and did some night fishing.

20140626_233323.jpg

20140626_233253.jpg

Friday morning, as usual, I got up early, did some housekeeping, then Rick got up and fixed breakfast. By the time we cleaned up breakfast and got to the dock, it was REALLY hot. We only lasted a couple of hours.

20140627_112152.jpg

20140627_112141.jpg

20140627_112136.jpg

20140627_112132.jpg

20140627_112105.jpg

20140627_113211.jpg

We went back to the camper, bout the time some storms rolled through. Rick napped, and I piddled outside.

That evening, once it cooled off some, we went back to the dock for a bit.

Then we cooked some steak and taters on the grill.

There was a family next to us that their kid pestered the stew out of us. Dad was out on a boat all night fishing, mom was stuck in a small tent all by herself with two little ones.

That night bout the time we went to bed, another big storm rolled through. When I got up, lots of our tent camping neighbors were bugging out. They had mangled EZ-Ups that hadn't been staked down and wet tents that weren't staked out properly. Unfortunately the family with the pesky kid, didn't leave. Dad wasn't gonna miss his fishin.

Next morning, I had to go down to the laundry and wash and dry our towels. They were the only casualties of the storm.

Rick fixed breakfast, then we hung out under the awning for a bit, next to the fan, then decided today was a good day for a movie and and book inside the air conditioning.

20140627_153512.jpg

20140628_095351.jpg

20140628_095355.jpg

That evening as it cooled off some, we did go back to the dock.

I actually caught a fish!

20140627_191144.jpg

A few more pics from the dock

You can barely see our camper from there

20140627_184639.jpg

The lack of trees

20140627_184553.jpg

The georgeous lake

20140627_184549.jpg

20140627_184544.jpg

More lake and the fish cleaning station near the laundry

20140628_095355.jpg

20140628_095351.jpg

A stand of cat tails next to our site

20140627_153512.jpg

And that's it!  After we finished our fishing Saturday evening, we had burgers on the grill, and enjoyed the cool of the evening, and went to bed.

This morning, I tore everything down by 9am and was dripping wet from the heat.

Rick got up, we hitched up and had a buffet at a local place in Guntersville, and came home.

While the campground is still very nice, I can't wait for all the new trees they planted to grow in!!!!

Thanks for sharing about tour weekend! I am hoping to get over there once Steve's work schedule calms down.

That poor mom with the little ones. Were the children too young that neither of them could have gone fishing with dad?

It is still a nice campground, just no longer has the huge canopy of trees that was there before.

Probably not, the oldest was maybe 6, and the baby was less than 2.

Thanks for sharing about tour weekend! I am hoping to get over there once Steve's work schedule calms down.

That poor mom with the little ones. Were the children too young that neither of them could have gone fishing with dad?

It is still a nice campground, just no longer has the huge canopy of trees that was there before.

Probably not, the oldest was maybe 6, and the baby was less than 2.

First?

yes, you are first!

• 2 weeks later...

Those aren't trees they are pines which are only good for making paper. I had several at my home before I moved in and they were the first things to go. Very shallow roots and they are always the first to fall in a storm. Hopefully the park didn't re plant with more pines.