A non trip report, various ramblings

1400 loop is still closed. We rode our bikes thru there yesterday.... Don't tell security. A couple of contractors were there talking about getting trucks in and out. I hope the one was mistaken/joking, he said it would be closed until 2015.

Pool is open at Wilderness Lodge. They had the upper falls covered when we went over there yesterday, but by the time we left they we taking down the scaffolds. The life guard told a guest that they had finished the lower falls/pool area.

No matter how well behaved Fluffy is at home, make sure they won't be a terror on vacation. There has been a little dog yapping non stop since 08:00, and it's now 10:30. It 's somewhere in the dog loops 1600 - 1900. I feel bad for the dog and it's neighbors.

Squirrels will go into a truck if you leave the door open. Hoping the weird smell is some of the things I've got stored in there.

Keeping an eye on the weather. Tropical storm has formed off the east coast below Vero.

Having a great time. Daughter and second granddaughter arrived last night. Another daughter and boyfriend are flying in today.

No matter how much you pack, you will forget something or realize you could've used .....

Beer is good, but ice cold water is great on days like this.

I still hate golf carts.

We have a brand new grill and spigots at our site!

Wife and granddaughter have been catching fish in the canal behind 1500. They stopped yesterday when a 4 foot gator swam up and stared at them.

Excellent observations.  Glad you're having a good time!!

No matter how well behaved Fluffy is at home, make sure they won't be a terror on vacation. There has been a little dog yapping non stop since 08:00, and it's now 10:30. It 's somewhere in the dog loops 1600 - 1900. I feel bad for the dog and it's neighbors.

Amen to that!! 

I wonder if they've ever even brought Fluffy camping before, or they just went "hey, they allow pets, let's bring the little monster along!" and left poor Fluffy to fend for himself while they're out having fun.

Or they're just inconsiderate jackwagons...

1400 loop is still closed. We rode our bikes thru there yesterday.... Don't tell security. A couple of contractors were there talking about getting trucks in and out. I hope the one was mistaken/joking, he said it would be closed until 2015.

Pool is open at Wilderness Lodge. They had the upper falls covered when we went over there yesterday, but by the time we left they we taking down the scaffolds. The life guard told a guest that they had finished the lower falls/pool area.

Squirrels will go into a truck if you leave the door open. Hoping the weird smell is some of the things I've got stored in there.

Keeping an eye on the weather. Tropical storm has formed off the east coast below Vero.

Having a great time. Daughter and second granddaughter arrived last night. Another daughter and boyfriend are flying in today.

No matter how much you pack, you will forget something or realize you could've used .....

Beer is good, but ice cold water is great on days like this.

I still hate golf carts.

We have a brand new grill and spigots at our site!

Wife and granddaughter have been catching fish in the canal behind 1500. They stopped yesterday when a 4 foot gator swam up and stared at them.

Great info (except the 1400 loop, 2015...really??)  

The gator, wow.  I've always wondered if there were any around at the Fort; guess there are!  :dropjaw:

My mom's dogs bark so much I made barking dogs her ring tone just so I can get prepared to answer the phone and hear them

:rofl2:

I can't stand it when my own dogs bark.

Which is why we spend extra time/energy making sure when we leave them in the camper they're tired and happy.

12:15, just came back to make lunch and Fluffy is still at it.

When we checked in we were asked 3 times if we had our magic bands. We were then issued key cards since the bands don't work on the gate or bathrooms.

Portable ice makers are a godsend! No more slushy $2.00 bags of ice from the comfort stations!

Open sites at 1500, pool is very empty.

Seeing that it's scheduled to be closed for almost 3 months starting in Sept, I wonder what they're doing now?

At 7 pm Fluffy was still yapping away. Don't know how he could still make a sound after almost 13 hours straight.

I'd call and complain. They would have the owner's number. Someone needs to check on that dog. I'd also leave a note letting the owners know. 

At 7 pm Fluffy was still yapping away. Don't know how he could still make a sound after almost 13 hours straight.

Why in the world would you bring a dog camping if the poor thing is going to bark the entire time you're away??

A. you don't know the dog is barking because you're clueless, don't know your dog, and don't bother to find out

B. you don't care the dog is barking because you're an inconsiderate asshat

Either answer is unacceptable. That is completely ridiculous, and the poor dog!!

Possible s/he is litter/pad trained - let's hope at least for the dog's sake.

I suppose they could have come back at some point when you were out, but presumably if they had, they'd have noticed that he was barking when they returned and left again. And for crying out loud, no dog should bark for that long.  It's bad for the neighbors AND the dog. 

If it starts up again, I'd definitely leave a note or call the front desk and be sure to mention yesterdays 13 hour bark-a-thon.  :(

It really didn't bother me, except for the fact that the dog must've been stressed out. We are in 1500, but I bet their neighbors weren't happy.

As of yesterday afternoon 1400 still closed. Not a lot going on in it.

This am, still a couple of sites in 1500. Yesterday afternoon there were about 30 open in 2000.

We lucked out with the Tropical Storm so far. Got a couple of wind gusts yesterday afternoon and light clouds on and off, but no rain. This morning is hot, sunny, and hot.

Everyone but me is at poolside. I'm waiting on some guests to arrive.