IT ALL STARTED, WITH A CROOKED SMILE...

So, with help of our fiend Jason (thank you!), this past week the Siver family headed out for a quick 4 night adventure at the Fort.  We called this our "bonus trip" as it was spontaneous...completely unplanned.  Tom switched companies and we found ourselves with a few free days and, of course, my immediate response was "let's head over to Disney!"  :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In. First!

Yay! :)

second

Welcome!

I guess, according to my NC education that makes me third....!! Bring it on.

Hey... if I make it onto page 3 (not post #3)  when I join a trip report... I'm thrilled :)

I was holding out for 4th to be festive for tomorrow :P

Way to be "independent"  :)

5th

And here I thought the mom of 6... would be 6th ;)

Whatever comes after 5th.

I know... counting gets hard, as you get older ;)

I have my shoes on... I can't count that high.

Oh wait... Seven!  :)

Sorry you had to take your shoes off :)

Count me in! Glad I could help you guys get there.

Thanks again!  Sorry we missed you!

Okay... so, as I said, this trip was a bonus trip for us... actually, I guess we should consider any trip to the Fort a real bonus in life, right? :)    We found out on Monday, that Tom's last day with his old company would be Tuesday, which meant we had Wednesday-Sunday to spend at the Fort!  After a little nudging, Tom agreed to this extra trip and off I went in search of the best pricing.  Lucky for us fiends, we have Jason!  He was able to save us some money and book us the AAA rate, even though AAA was unable to help me directly.  You're the best Jason!

So, I had about 24 hours to finish up typical errands around the house and then to pack up the trailer.  Enough time in most cases, but with two little ones...things take a bit longer ;)  Part of those errands included an oil change in the truck and a trip to Discount Tire to rotate/balance the tires.... and that's where the title of this post comes in, the Crooked Smile.

Tuesday night (around 5p) I had finally finished packing the camper, the oil had been changed, and so I put the kids in the truck and off we went to Discount Tire.  About a mile from the house (long story short) we got into a small car accident.  Praise God it was a small accident and that we were in our truck (we use to have a mini-van and I truly don't believe that it would have fared as well had we been driving that vehicle).  Everyone walked away fine and the truck was drive-able so we continued on to Discount where (as we were sitting inside the showroom waiting for them to finish the rotation) my daughter looked at our truck and said, "hey...it looks like our car has a crooked smile"   :)

20140624_164042_zps5055844b.jpeg

Still page 1! And I'm glad yall weren't hurt in the accident.

Welcome!

Hey!  There's one more spot on page one!!

Thief ;)

Don't care where I am, I just want to read a TR.

Glad you're here :)

Accidents SMB.  Glad it wasn't severe and you were able to continue.

Yeah... accidents do stink; with this one, now the other driver has retained an attorney...even though I think a judge would find him equally at fault.  Gotta love people.

In! And glad the accident was minor!

Hi!  Thank you... we were very thankful.

I'm here! I'm here!

Happy to have you! :)