The Importance of "Rope Drop" and a Plan

Hello from the Fort Fiends! I'm trying to get Z to nap and decided to hop on my computer...

As I'm sure you know, it's a level 10 crowd day at the Magic Kingdom. I often suggest getting there for RD really early... earlier than you think you need to and having a touring plan (aka you know at least the first 5 rides you're going on and their order). It's the way to beat the crowds during busy times, and as a teacher, I only get to go during busy times.

You'll get more details in my trip report, with pictures, but here's what we did today...

Arrived at the MK at 7:20 for an 8:00 RD. When you read my TR, you'll see why that was important.

We were on the rope as it was walked down, then we...

Rode the Mine Train

Met Rapunzel and Cinderella (were their first guests of the day)

Met Ariel... funny story there

Rode JOTLM

Met Daisy and Minnie

Met Goofy and Donald

Rode Barnstormer

Rode Barnstormer again without getting off

Rode Haunted Mansion

Ate waffles at Sleepy Hollow

Rode JC with FP+

Rode Pirates

Watched Country Bears to kill time in AC

Watched 12:00 FoF Parade

Got out (around 12:30)! We were supposed to ride Splash on the way out with FP+ but it was down. We can ride it later today, but I'm not sure we'll go back as it will probably close to capacity later.

Just wanted to show that you can still ride and see a lot on crowded days. You just need to get up early and have a plan!

The early arrival is a MUST for us now that the Guest Assistance pass has changed.  With a 14 year old that likes to sleep til noon, this was challenging, but we made it work.  Usually for us it is not multiple rides, but the same ride over and over and over...like 13 times on the TOT or Barnstormer as many times as possible without getting off.  We are usually only there during crowded time except this year we are going to test out late September til early October.

As sad as it sounds - I am missing the 4th at the Fort.

Mine would too.

Normally I'd have said "DH would ask me if I was drunk" but...

He was reading this over my shoulder and just said, "what do you think about us doing a few rope drops our first week?"

Now I'm wondering if there's a little something in that ice coffee he's drinking.  :rofl2:

Just saw a report on WDW Magic that Magic Kingdom was at a phase 2 closure at 3:45 today.  So... the lesson here is that if you're at WDW for a holiday, and actually want to have fun in the parks, follow Kelly's advice!  :)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/news.htm

Normally I'd have said "DH would ask me if I was drunk" but...

He was reading this over my shoulder and just said, "what do you think about us doing a few rope drops our first week?"

Now I'm wondering if there's a little something in that ice coffee he's drinking. :rofl2:

Rope drop Mo! That's what I always call her.

RDM is your content commander's new nickname!

I was pleased at how much we were able to do Monday and Tuesday of this week.  I assumed it would get more crowded as the week went on.  You can really tell that the New Fantasyland "eats" crowds nicely.  Of course this fastpass system creates waits where there never were long ones before.....