• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you show up at our location in PA I will give you a free pizza or two! Just for the effort and because you are "The Lou"

Oh boy, you need to have some real pizza if you think pizza at the fort is pretty good!

you tell em Beckers! there is only one reason I would go to NJ again for and Pizza is it! Forgive them for they do not know good pizza. you can not be a aficionado when you haven't had the best, with

Worse pizza.

Cozumel Mexico. I was on a guys dive trip and we had ordered several supreme pizza for delivery.

Opened the box and it had cut up hot dogs, whole black and green olives, and peppercinis (spelling).

I picked off the hot dogs and bit into pizza and almost broke my tooth on the olive pit. WTF! Why would put unpitted olives on a pizza.

Sauce and cheese were tasteless.

Make your own pizza on the grill!

We use a Cuisinart perforated pizza pan (I tried to post a web pic but it didn't take.  The handle pops off so you can close the grill lid (if you have one).  I use a ready made crust from Aldis, add the toppings put the pan on the charcoal grill, then cover the grate and pan with foil to make it like an oven.  It's done in about 15 -20 minutes.  Of course if the 1500 loop had the covered grills like I saw down in the 700 loop it would be easier.

This way you don't have to tip the driver or even leave your site!

Monique, you can get pizza into that freezer??    ???

mo1_zpsf8084914.jpg

HAHAHAHA!

Yeah that's about right Cheryl.  Except I have to take the shelf out and you can't squeeze a toothpick in.

3 border collies X 1 lb per day each X 20 days = no human food in the camper freezer for vacation.  :rofl2:

Pizza stuff ends up in the fridge.  :)

Lou is right about papa johns. The closest to the fort I believe is in the Winn Dixie plaza on Vineland. Being originally from NY, I was never a chain pizza fan. Just like most New Yorkers, New Jersey people and people from Chicago. But papa johns is not bad for the price and convenience. They usually always have hood walk up deals to boot. I had told Andrew a year or so ago I saw the Digorno truck backed up to trails end. Never thought the pizza was worth it. You paid for the convenience of being able to get it at trails end. The worst pizza we had near Disney was Giordonos near the Winn Dixie. They are a national chain restaurant but this one wad terrible. Uncooked crust with half the amount of filling. I was never a deep dish stuffed pizza fan to begin with

We ordered Papa Johns on our last trip and they were fast and friendly. Met us at the outpost and was awesome as usual. I know Lou gets 40% off as a Disney employee but if you aren't that lucky you can Google "Papa Johns Deals" you will find all sorts of stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

So just for fun, and since Lou orders Papa Johns pizza, I thought I would share this picture of our family from our March trip to Fort Wilderness and Orlando.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/PAWDWCamper/media/20140316_193514_zpse7jtfmni.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3