The Disney Food Blog has posted a review of Tony’s Town Square Restaurant, located in the Magic Kingdom.  Another place we haven't tried yet, I'd love to hear any Fiend's experiences here.

Full review...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/07/15/guest-review-tonys-town-square-restaurant-in-disney-worlds-magic-kingdom/

Some excerpts...

Meatball-Sliders-Topped-with-Provolone-a

Meatball Sliders Topped with Provolone & Arugula

Spaghetti-and-Meatballs-001-600x449.jpg

Spaghetti & Meatballs

Shrimp-Scampi-with-Sun-dried-Tomatoes-an

Shrimp Scampi with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Asparagus

Pistachio-Creme-Brulee-001-600x550.jpg

Pistachio Crème Brulee

Chocolate-Gelato-001-537x625.jpg

Chocolate Gelato

Chocolate-Cake-Layered-with-Hazelnut-Fil

Chocolate Cake Layered with Hazelnut Filling

We eat at Tony's every time we are at Disney.  It's the atmosphere we like.  Lady and the Tramp is my favorite Disney movie (other than Cinderella, of course).

The theming is wonderful inside the restaurant - stained glass windows with Lady and Tramp, a fountain in the middle, lots of drawings/pictures on the walls with the dogs in scenes from the movie.  There is also a very bright, lovely garden/sun room from which diners can watch the people outside.

The food is probably below average for an Italian restaurant.  It's pretty standard fare - spaghetti, chicken parm, etc. - but there is a lot of it.  I made the mistake once of ordering a salad as an appetizer and I could finish neither that nor the spaghetti.

It's not a restaurant where one would linger; they like to get-'em-in-and-get-'em-out, but it's fun and different.  Once we were there for lunch and got there before the restaurant opened.  At 11 am, the Dapper Dans showed up and opened the restaurant by singing "Bella Notte."  I thought this was a really nice touch.  I'm a sucker for stuff like this.

We eat at Tony's every time we are at Disney.  It's the atmosphere we like.  Lady and the Tramp is my favorite Disney movie (other than Cinderella, of course).

The theming is wonderful inside the restaurant - stained glass windows with Lady and Tramp, a fountain in the middle, lots of drawings/pictures on the walls with the dogs in scenes from the movie.  There is also a very bright, lovely garden/sun room from which diners can watch the people outside.

The food is probably below average for an Italian restaurant.  It's pretty standard fare - spaghetti, chicken parm, etc. - but there is a lot of it.  I made the mistake once of ordering a salad as an appetizer and I could finish neither that nor the spaghetti.

It's not a restaurant where one would linger; they like to get-'em-in-and-get-'em-out, but it's fun and different.  Once we were there for lunch and got there before the restaurant opened.  At 11 am, the Dapper Dans showed up and opened the restaurant by singing "Bella Notte."  I thought this was a really nice touch.  I'm a sucker for stuff like this.

Exactly.  

I was going to write my thoughts but can't do better than this.  

I will never try Tony's because you can't get a glass of wine with your meal.

What good is Italian food without a good glass, or two, or three, of wine with your meal.

I agree, no wine is a problem. 

That said, my mom and I ate there last July and enjoyed it. There's nothing you're going to go crazy over (at least I don't think so), but it's about Olive Garden quality. ADRs are usually easier to get. The portions are very big. All in all, I'd eat there again, but I'm not rushing to do so. 

I like Tonys, but like most Italian food, it is pretty salty. As I mature, I am becoming more salt sensitive, so I have to watch it.

• 1 year later...

Disney Food Blog has posted a new review of lunch...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/04/11/review-lunch-at-tonys-town-square-in-walt-disney-worlds-magic-kingdom/

Excerpts...

Bread Service -- Focaccia and Seasoned Olive Oil

Bread Service — Focaccia and Seasoned Olive Oil

Pasta Fagioli Soup

Italian Wedding Soup

Zucchini Fries

Zucchini Fries

Joe's Artisanal Pizza

Joe’s Artisanal Pizza

New York Strip Steak

New York Strip Steak

Pistachio Creme Brulee

Pistachio Crème Brûlée

Tiramisu

Tiramisu

2 hours ago, Mrs.TN22 said:

I want to eat here just to see the  Lady and the Tramp theme.  It is one of my favorite movies.  Sadly, we've never eaten there - I have heard mixed reviews  -

Will they let you go in just to look around??

We ate there in November after a time of not eating there.  We had a terrific meal; much better than I remember.  I just wish they would have breakfast again.  The breakfast calzone of years ago was amazing.