Sci fi drive in theater restaraunt

We tried a new place last night and loved it. I was a little hesitant making Ressies here, but it looked cool. First off, the look and feel of a real up north type drive in is awesome. The car booths are cute all the way to the wooden fences a lot of drive-ins used to have. The service was excellent even though we know that depends on the person not so much the place. She was great. The food was the best we had on this trip so far. The kids got their regular Disney fare kids choices (popcorn chicken). Which was better than normal. My wife for the chicken pasta which was very good and I had the picnic burger which had a hamburger patty, grilled onions, sauerkraut, and a grilled hot dog on the bottom. By far the best burger I have ever had at Disney. To my surprise the end of the meal was topped off with the kids getting a Disney bag with two sci fi cups with flex straws filled with popcorn for FREE. That's right FREE. Nothing is free at Disney. Along with the cheesy sci fi classic movies this was a great Disney experience that we will do again. The only bad part was the booths being tight but that's my fault...lol. Time for the gym

I forgot to add. We got served water automatically before our order was taken and they had REAL cherry coke. I agree with Lou. It's ordinary Disney food, but it seemed more prepared to order and fresher. Actually the woman behind us could not have the sauce the pasta was cooked in and the chef made her fresh Alfredo sauce. It was a good experience for us

Thrill and I have been a few times and really enjoyed it.  We hope to take the boys maybe on the next trip.  Our youngest has been a little nervous about the "scary" movies but is now old enough that we think he will think they are silly.  I remember a few years ago I had the best (though maybe not traditional) reuben I have ever had.  Definitely worth trying!

Question, how do they handle high chairs in the "cars"?

are the movies even a little bit scary for little ones?

While most cars are set up with tables in front of car style bench seats that are one behind the other, there are some with a single family size table with regular chairs. It losses some of the Drive-In experience feel because it's like eating at a regular table.

If you go to the MDE site and enter "Sci-Fi Dine-In", you'll see photos of it.

They do show parts of old horror movies as indicated in the description below.

"and there’s always something savory—and spooky—headed your way:

attacking aliens, marauding mummies, rampaging robots and more!"

The movies are completely not scary what so ever they actually even have classic cartoons like Tom and jerry in space. Also it's more like movie trailers not actual movies. Loved also seeing the old intermission cartoons about going to the concession stand. The dancing hot dogs and ice cream bars are priceless

I think many restaurants and Disney go through changes. If they get enough complaints, you may see some changes. I think trails end is a perfect example. Way back in the day at the"other place" TE was not favorite almond fiends. IMHO I think it has improved greatly over the years. In fact we ate there tonight and was very pleased. Even the mgr came up and introduced himself and asked if there was anything we needed. They also added some new offerings and things looked and tasted great. I think the same hing might have happened at sci fi. It may have just been that we had a good waitress and a cook who really likes cooking on that night..lol