A couple old pics from the Fort

Excellent!

I love these old photos.  But, when I think about what the Fort used to be compared to what it has become, I can't help but get a little sad.  So many of the special things you have posted photos of are now just memories.  What's really wrong is how Disney hasn't replaced the special touches.  The Fort is still a great place, but it used to be so much more than it is now.

TCD

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember on New Years Eve at the Fort two years ago.....after the fireworks on the beach, there were hundreds (it seems) of carts leaving the Settlement area honking their stupid horns.  It went on

I'm thinking this is the construction of the Meadow swimming pool.  It looks like the 1500 loop bus stop way off in the distance.

been gone a week or so, I'll try to start it up again, Wilderness Trail from spring of 1978.

From what I've heard, those boats with the wheels on the side were around from the opening of WDW in 1971, and predate the big ferries they use now.

Here's a link to a page with more than you ever want to know about these boats:  http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/7seas.htm

As for what that boat is doing off of the Fort swimming area, that's a good question.  There is no reason that I can think of for that boat to be out in Bay Lake in the middle of an afternoon like that.

TCD

Thank you for the clarification on this boat. I was thinking the same thing.

Awesome pics! Keep them coming!!

Cody

Absolute treasures!

Thank you for continuing to post these.

been gone a week or so, I'll try to start it up again,

Wilderness Trail from spring of 1978.

img327_zps5b5f1559.jpg

Beautiful!  No Bay Lake Tower to block the view of the castle and Space Mountain.

2 of my brothers and some guy I don't know in the passenger seat, spring 1978.

Image39_zpsdd84d1dd.jpg

Is that a Fort rental cart?  No headlights!

settlement trading post, spring of 1978

Image41_zps9d04128e.jpg

Wow!  The totem poles in front of the Settlement Trading Post.  I miss them.

another spring of 1978

Image3_zpsae4e8ba9.jpg

Hey- look at the columns on the porch- they're trees with bark and all.  The porch was redone at some point prior to the current renovation.

TCD

Absolute treasures!

Thank you for continuing to post these.

Beautiful!  No Bay Lake Tower to block the view of the castle and Space Mountain.

Is that a Fort rental cart?  No headlights!

Wow!  The totem poles in front of the Settlement Trading Post.  I miss them.

Hey- look at the columns on the porch- they're trees with bark and all.  The porch was redone at some point prior to the current renovation.

TCD

yes, that is a fort rental golf cart.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think back in those days they weren't over night rentals.