I'm trying to decide if I should buy TIW, mainly for our April trip. I did eat 2 TS meals on my last trip, so I probably should have done it then.

If we do any TS meals at F&W, it will be breakfast at Coronado Springs. Our plan in that regard is to have no plan. 

In April, it will be Jason, my dad, Z, and me.

Meals we'll likely do:

`Ohana (but probably on Easter so won't matter; I could change the day though)

Trails End breakfast

Via Napoli

Anniversary meal... will probably be expensive... could involve drinks at other places

A character meal

Other than those, I'm not sure.

Do places like La Cava and Tutto Gusto take it because they're connected to a big restaurant that does? 

My experience with it, which was 5 years ago when we had AP's, was it was WELL worth it.  Of course we were a party of 6 then so meals are expensive and we made it back easily on our first trip using it.  I think if you enjoy getting some drinks and doing a few sit downs you'll make it up pretty easily.  If you plan on doing any character meals or the HDDR, it's a great deal.  So my guess is that you'd make out well if you do it.  

Also consider this. It works at the counter service places at Animal Kingdom (except Yak & Yeti), the counter service places at Port Orleans French Quarter, and the counter service at All-Stars, Pop, and Art of Animation.

(The reason being is none of those resorts have a Sit Down restaurant). Animal Kingdom did not have a sit down when they started the plan, and when Tusker House opened, they never updated the computers.

Actually the "fixed" gratuity saves me money. Cause before, I usually gave them the 20% back and rounded to the next dollar, now I don't give anything extra unless the server is exceptional.

Oh, and believe me, the 500 doesn't take long!

When dinner for two, especially at the buffets runs close to $85, then less than 10 meals pays for itself.

Actually the "fixed" gratuity saves me money. Cause before, I usually gave them the 20% back and rounded to the next dollar, now I don't give anything extra unless the server is exceptional.

When dinner for two, especially at the buffets runs close to $85, then less than 10 meals pays for itself.

I'm with you on the tipping.

The $500 is correct. Just wanted to make sure she knew the gratuity amount was 18%

Could somebody explain how you get the $500 figure?

I agree with Carol- the added gratuity should not be part of the equation (unless you typically stiff your servers).

TCD

Could somebody explain how you get the $500 figure?

TCD

TIW cost $100 for AP holder, I think (used to be $75).

There is a 20% discount with TIW. They automatically add the 18% gratuity, but you would have paid that anyway.

$100 is 20% of $500, so you must spend $500 to pay for the card. You have a year plus to do that though.

TIW cost $100 for AP holder, I think (used to be $75).

There is a 20% discount with TIW. They automatically add the 18% gratuity, but you would have paid that anyway.

$100 is 20% of $500, so you must spend $500 to pay for the card. You have a year plus to do that though.

Thank you.  Very simple explanation.  I thought they were still $75 for AP holders.

TCD

TIW is good until the last day of the month following the month you purchase it.  For example, if you purchased it any day in September 2014, it would be good til October 31, 2015.

We always buy it when we renew our APs.  We usually break even on our first 2-week trip and save money on our next 2-week trip.  But it's just the two of us, and we don't eat out as much as many people do.

re: blockout dates

Beginning August 1st 2014, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey’s, ‘Ohana (Dinner Only), Cinderella’s Royal Table, LeChefs de France, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, and Le Cellier Steakhouse will be subject to the additional blockout weeks of: November 23-29, 2014; December 21-27, 2014; March 8-April 4, 2015; May 31-June 20, 2015.

Blockout dates for Tables in Wonderland are Mother’s Day, Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Tables in Wonderland is valid for one year from date of purchase.

http://tablesinwonderland.com/

TIW is good until the last day of the month following the month you purchase it.  For example, if you purchased it any day in September 2014, it would be good til October 31, 2015.

Makes sense.  We bought them in November, and they've been good through December of the following year.

Thank you.  Very simple explanation.  I thought they were still $75 for AP holders.

TCD

They're currently $125 for FL residents and $100 for Passholders and DVC members.  You can add a second membership for your spouse for $50.

Another change, starting August 1st, Victoria & Albert’s no longer takes Tables in Wonderland.