A site for an RV and a tent?

I am new to fort wilderness and am not sure if I need a preferred or a premium. I have a 42 ft motor home but will also need a tent as I have teenagers. I believe you need to be in a preferred with the tent but am not sure. I would like to be close to settlement hall but not extremely far from the pool. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Welcome!

You can put a tent + an RV on a full hookup, preferred or premium site. However premium sites are fully paved, so there isn't a sand pad to make staking a tent down easy.

If it helps, there's a bunch more info on the different types of sites on this page...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

Thank you for the warm welcome... I am trying to get back into camping after divorce and am so stressed. I have 2 teen boys and 2 tween girls. I would like to be close to the pool but also be able to walk to boat dock. I am concerned about not being able to peg down the tent in a premium site and with 4 children and a friend I need to be close to a comfort station. I am leaning towards 1001 or 1002 in the premium or 307 in preferred. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

With the internal buses there is really no need to walk to the dock since they drop you off near the TCD Ranch and the dock is a short walk from there. Why not shoot for something in full hook-up (1600-1700) 1601-2-3-4-41-42-43-44 1701-2-3-4-38-39-40-41 which would put you close to the pool and CS.

Depending on how familiar you are with backing a 42 foot rig into a campsite, a Premium would be a lot easier.  A tent can be put at the back edge of the concrete so as to be able to put tent pegs on three corners.  The fourth corner could be held down by something inside the tent.  Among the Premium loops I like 400 for Settlement access, 1400 for the pool and Meadows stuff.  Some of the Preferred sites could get a little tight for such a long MH.

Depending on how familiar you are with backing a 42 foot rig into a campsite, a Premium would be a lot easier. A tent can be put at the back edge of the concrete so as to be able to put tent pegs on three corners. The fourth corner could be held down by something inside the tent. Among the Premium loops I like 400 for Settlement access, 1400 for the pool and Meadows stuff. Some of the Preferred sites could get a little tight for such a long MH.

I agree with this 100%. I stay in the preferred sites a good bit, but I only have a 24' travel trailer. Backing a 42' RV into a preferred spot would be much more difficult than a premium site. Plus, you'll have more room for the tent in a premium site.

I agree with this 100%. I stay in the preferred sites a good bit, but I only have a 24' travel trailer. Backing a 42' RV into a preferred spot would be much more difficult than a premium site. Plus, you'll have more room for the tent in a premium site.

x3 for this one. 1400 loop is good for access to the Meadow/Pool and a Comfort Station, and the buses can take you to both The Settlement or The Outpost.

Cody 

All the busses will be labeled as (color) Settlement or (color) Outpost.  If you get into 1400, and I prefer the outer loop of that divided Loop, the yellow bus serves that street.  There are also orange and purple bus lines on the other side of the Fort and through the cabins.  Yellow also goes to the WL when they leave the Settlement.

• 4 weeks later...

Late to the show, BUT as far as backing in to a preferred site, it is tough - - though in my experience, there is no shortage of folks at fort who will come out of the woodwork to help you get backed in. We were having a ton of trouble on our last trip out and 3-4 different people came out to help guide. Ultimately, someone with WAY more experience ended up backing it in for us.

:wave1: :wave1: :wave1: :welcome: :wave1: :wave1: :wave1: