Doctor Disney has reported that Captain Cook's quick service location has reopened with a new menu...

This is the current menu after the reopening of Capt. Cooks on Aug. 13, 2014.

capt-cooks-bf-menu.jpg

capt-cooks-lnd-menu.jpg

Full article that includes text version of the entire menu here...

http://www.doctordisney.com/capt-cooks-breakfast-lunch-dinner-menu-disneys-polynesian-village-resort/

Couldn't the good Dr. have taken photos of the menu boards that show the prices?

And do the hours printed on the menu now mean that Captain Cook's is no longer a 24 hour location?

I see that they have dropped Twin #2' s favorite quick serve meal anywhere on property- the oriental noodles with chicken.  They do have beef and shrimp udon.  But that's not going to cut it.

All of that on top of no more self-serve Dole Whip.

Goodbye Captain Cook's- you are dead to me.

TCD

Couldn't the good Dr. have taken photos of the menu boards that show the prices?

And do the hours printed on the menu now mean that Captain Cook's is no longer a 24 hour location?

I see that they have dropped Twin #2' s favorite quick serve meal anywhere on property- the oriental noodles with chicken.  They do have beef and shrimp udon.  But that's not going to cut it.

All of that on top of no more self-serve Dole Whip.

Goodbye Captain Cook's- you are dead to me.

TCD

It's my favorite too. I'm officially depressed. 

Self serve dole whips are gone at Cook's, but there's going to be a whole dedicated Dole Whip kiosk as part of all the renovations.

No word yet on if they'll be self serve or not.  (my money is on probably not)

Given they also ditched the grown-up grilled cheese, you probably won't be seeing us hanging around here much any more either.

Their grilled chicken sandwich has always been one of my favorites!  LOVE it!

Grilled chicken breast on a sweet roll with cheese, bacon, teriyaki sauce and pineapple salsa.  YUM!

I thought that was a new item-I don't remember that being on the menu before.  I think I would have tried it if it had been.  I guess I missed it.

One thing good about the menu is that there are several new items. Like the fish tacos. I would try those.

TCD

I thought that was a new item-I don't remember that being on the menu before.  I think I would have tried it if it had been.  I guess I missed it.

TCD

I believe they took it off the menu for a while.  I had it a few year ago and loved it.  I've been recreating it at home since.  But, do remember seeing a menu online and not being able to find the sandwich on there.  

From the Disney Food Blog. I highlighted the most important part in purple.  8)

In true Disney fashion, look for a big wow at the new Capt. Cook’s at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – the menu makeover brings island-style cuisine to the popular quick-service spot that’s open around the clock.

Start with the classic lobster roll served on a buttered bun. They’ve added blackened fish tacos, a noodle bowl (beef or shrimp) and delectable coconut curry meatballs. A new gourmet hot dog is slathered with garlic ketchup and mango relish. And our favorite – crispy fried chicken and waffles, a hearty breakfast favorite that stays on the menu all day.

CaptainCooksGroupUncropped-613x408.jpg

No worries, the favorite hot beef ‘n blue sandwich stays, says Chef Pete Bruenen. Ditto for the pizzas, grilled chicken sandwich and house-made sushi, delivered from Kona Island upstairs. The grab ‘n go case stays filled with drinks, salads, sandwiches and the popular cold noodle salad and turkey club, says Chef Pete.

Fans of the breakfast Tonga Toast will still find it on the menu, along with a new breakfast burrito with egg, bacon, potatoes and Cheddar cheese.

Bridget Sherren, operations manager for Food & Beverage at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, shared a little news about Pineapple Lanai, opening the end of August. “Dole Whip gets its own dedicated spot,” she says, a new window in the courtyard for Dole Whip soft serve and floats (pineapple or vanilla Dole Whip). “It’s a great spot for families,” says Bridget.

Another new treat is Hawaiian shaved ice at Kona Island on the resort’s second floor. Located just off the monorail, Kona Island serves specialty coffee and pastries all day, and now shaved ice joins the lineup, along with takeout sushi. Hours are 6:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 5 – 10 p.m.

And watch for Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto to open in spring 2015 next door to Captain Cook’s. Details soon!

CCM796633THUMB.jpg CCM778634THUMB.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/08/new-capt-cooks-debuts-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort/

A bunch of photos and a review from the Disney Food Blog on the reopened Cook's...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/08/17/photo-tour-and-food-review-captain-cooks-reopens-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort/

Some excerpts...

captain-cooks-chicken-and-waffles-3-600x

Chicken and Waffles

captain-cooks-fish-tacos-2-600x400.jpg

Fish Tacos

captain-cooks-coconut-curry-meatballs-60

Coconut Curry Meatballs

Wish the fort had that kind of selection

I think the Fort has a better selection.... 2 all-you-can-eat dinner shows with alcohol included, a buffet, takeout, a TS lunch, bar with food, and CS at the Pool (Capt Cook's is the Poly's only food option near the pool.)

And if you think that looks good, you need to try Trails End lunch. It's awesome. 

I think the Fort has a better selection.... 2 all-you-can-eat dinner shows with alcohol included, a buffet, takeout, a TS lunch, bar with food, and CS at the Pool (Capt Cook's is the Poly's only food option near the pool.)

And if you think that looks good, you need to try Trails End lunch. It's awesome.

I have had Trails End lunch many times and really like it. The problem is its only lunch. And for the amount of food me and my family eat a buffet is a total waste of money. If breakfest and dinner were off the menu and not buffet it would be great.