• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, shoot!  I really liked the fife and drum corps - a really neat piece of Americana.  But, then again, I love the Main Street Philharmonic and the Dapper Dans in MK.  

If Universal, Sea World, or Legoland were smart, they would pick up Off Kilter and sign them ASAP!!

I am going to miss the kilts.

WDW Magic posted a video of the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCi-cOWCamw&feature=youtu.be

That is definitely the same man who was the MC for the Florida Strawberry Festival's Lumberjack show. 

Shame on Disney.

TCD

That is awful.  At least it saved me from watching it.  Doesn't sound like they had much of a crowd, and I'm sure it was even smaller by the end.  While watching the emcee, all I could think of was Sam the Snowman from Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer, or an older Yukon Cornelius.

What is Disney thinking?

And we haven't seen the other new entertainment acts, listed below, yet. These guys may be the best of the bunch.

Traditional Berber musical group.

Moroccan dancing group

Italian flag-waving group

Celtic folk music group

I'm looking forward to the Italian Flag Wavers.  Actually, I do have some limited hope for the Celtic Folk Music group, but time will tell.

What is Disney thinking?

That's pretty easy to figure out.

What they're thinking is that they have an empty stage and they need some warm bodies up there to perform something so they can keep getting guests to pay $100 to come in and stand around long enough to drink $10 beers.

It doesn't matter what the warm bodies do, as long as they work cheap.

TCD

That is awful.  At least it saved me from watching it.  Doesn't sound like they had much of a crowd, and I'm sure it was even smaller by the end.  While watching the emcee, all I could think of was Sam the Snowman from Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer, or an older Yukon Cornelius.

In defense of Yukon Cornelius, I liked the  show when I saw it at the Florida Strawberry Festival.  It is, in my opinion a perfect act for a State Fair or some other event where people might be looking for simple, basic old-fashioned entertainment.  I think admission there was less than $10, and this was one of many acts that came with the price of admission.  They also had a livestock tent, and I mentioned the pig races in a prior post.  A good value for $10.

But, Disney World prides itself on not being a carnival or country fair.  At least it used to.  I think Walt used to tell a story about how he created Disneyland after a not so great visit to a run down amusement park.

This show has no business being in Epcot.  It's a bunch of out-of-shape amateur men doing a good job not killing themselves with axes and chainsaws, not a world-class entertainment act.

TCD

This show has no business being in Epcot.  It's a bunch of out-of-shape amateur men doing a good job not killing themselves with axes and chainsaws, not a world-class entertainment act.

TCD

A perfect summary.  My Yukon Cornelius comment wasn't meant as an insult to the the emcee (although it may have come across that way).  Actually, I thought he was the best of the bunch.  At least he wasn't hitting walls throwing axes.

Isn't that what Off Kilter did?

That is probably why I'm looking forward to it, although I am assuming it will be less rock and more folk.  I loved listening to Off Kilter (have a bunch of their CDs), but I'm hoping this may be a partial replacement.  At least it is supposed to be musical.

Or they've already decided to end the show's run.

How about finding an unemployed band that plays Celtic and rock music.

Maybe they could even have a bag pipe player as the lead and maybe they could wear kilts?

Why did they wear kilts anyway? Do they wear kilts in Canada?