• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, shoot!  I really liked the fife and drum corps - a really neat piece of Americana.  But, then again, I love the Main Street Philharmonic and the Dapper Dans in MK.  

If Universal, Sea World, or Legoland were smart, they would pick up Off Kilter and sign them ASAP!!

I am going to miss the kilts.

No Spirit of America??

That's un-American!!!

This really SMB!!!

I love when they play God bless America.

IIRC wasn't there a Fife and Drum troop at the MK? What happened to them?

I've never written a letter or made a phone call to complain to any corporation but I just might this time.

Just to clarify, "Spirit of America" is the fife and drum corps not the singers.

That's un-American!!!

This really SMB!!!

I love when they play God bless America.

IIRC wasn't there a Fife and Drum troop at the MK? What happened to them?

I've never written a letter or made a phone call to complain to any corporation but I just might this time.

It helps if you start at the beginning schmuckface. Hold off on that letter..................for now.

Just to ease everyone's minds, all of these acts/shows are equity. Meaning, they are not WDW employees so to speak. They are under contract with Disney. Contracts have end periods and foreign contracts have visa limitations. So, just because an act is leaving doesn't mean Disney canned them. The act themselves could have chosen not to renew. Their visas could be over and must leave the country for a period of time. It could be any number of things. And equity is done at certain times of the year so it is not uncommon for all of these acts to be up at the same time.

Why does it feel like Disney is getting rid of everything right before I go? I plan to be at Epcot 9/29. I keep wondering if I should change my plans to go to Epcot 9/26 or 9/27. But that would mean being there on more crowded days. I hate decisions.

• 1 month later...

Get over to Epcot sometime next week because the Canadian Lumberjack show will start performing.

Some of their stuff is in front of the Off Kilter stage.

Is anyone as excited as I am about this? I just can't get enough of watching foreigners chopping and sawing wood.

Are they Canadian?  I thought it was called the Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show.

BTW- a group performing with that name has appeared at the Florida Strawberry Festival in Plant City every year.

I have a strong suspicion that this is the same group of guys.

TCD

This is the info WDWMagic posted recently...

The 'Canadian Lumberjack Show' will debut at Epcot’s Canada Pavilion week beginning October 5 2014.

Produced by the Florida based Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show, the new experience takes the place of Off Kilter as the Canada Pavilion’s live entertainment act.

According to the Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show website, “The Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show is similar to an Old Time Lumberjack Show and a great family entertainment, matched by none. In the Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show or Timber Show, we use quality lumberjack competitors, also known as Timberjacks from around the world. The Paul Bunyan Lumberjacks are also the same lumberjacks you see on the Stihl Timber Sports Series, ESPN, and TNN. So if you are looking for a great Timber Show with real tough Lumberjacks also known as Ironjacks, The Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show, is the type of Old Time Lumberjack Show / FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT you want.”

Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show has previously worked with Disney during private events, and brings over 28 years of performing experience.

Disney has not yet released any details or confirmed the new act.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/canadian-lumberjack-show/news/29sep2014-canadian-lumberjack-show-to-open-at-epcot%27s-canada-pavilion-in-early-october.htm

Are they Canadian?  I thought it was called the Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show.

According to the Orlando Sentinel Disney reporter and other websites, it is the Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show, but it's being called "The Canadian Lumberjack Show".

I've also read that they are a Central Florida group.

If they're not Canadian, I want my money back. I don't want to see American lumberjacks at the Canadian pavilion.

Edited to say, never mind. Mo beat me to the punch.

According to the Orlando Sentinel Disney reporter and other websites, it is the Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show, but it's being called "The Canadian Lumberjack Show".

I've also read that they are a Central Florida group.

If they're not Canadian, I want my money back. I don't want to see American lumberjacks at the Canadian pavilion.

Edited to say, never mind. Mo beat me to the punch.

This has to be the same group.

They were part of the free entertainment at the Florida Strawberry Festival- right on the same level as the pig races.

I'll bet they work cheap.  What a break for them.

TCD

Saw the "Canadian Lumberjack Show" with American lumberjacks no less, and because it's next to where many of the private events are held, I'll be forced to hear and see it more times than I care to, which is one.

It's lame, hokie, and not my idea of Disney entertainment.

I'm sure some of you red necks, and you know who you are, from FL, TN, KY, NC, SC, AL, GA, TX, OK, WI, MI, MS, VA, NH, WA, OR, ID, and WV, will enjoy it.

Let me know if I didn't alienate you and I'll add your state to the list.

Saw the "Canadian Lumberjack Show" with American lumberjacks no less, and because it's next to where many of the private events are held, I'll be forced to hear and see it more times than I care to, which is one.

I'm sure some of you red necks, and yu know who you are, from FL, TN, KY, NC, SC, AL, GA, TX, OK, WI, MI, MS, VA, and WV, will enjoy it.

A friend of mine (also from Florida) saw it yesterday.  His summary: "Once was enough." His other comments mirrored yours Lou.

I'm sure some of you red necks, and yu know who you are, from FL, TN, KY, NC, SC, AL, GA, TX, OK, WI, MI, MS, VA, and WV, will enjoy it.

As I said earlier, if this is the same group that performed at the Florida Strawberry Festival, alongside the pig races, they are not Disney quality entertainment.

But I am sure they work cheap.

And that's all that's important to Disney management these days.

TCD

Can you please put me on the list?

I hate being left out. 

Done

If Universal, Sea World, or Legoland were smart, they would pick up Off Kilter and sign them ASAP!!

Yup

A friend of mine (also from Florida) saw it yesterday.  His summary: "Once was enough." His other comments mirrored yours Lou.

That's two of us.

You forgot WA, OR and ID to add my family. DH used to be a logger in WA.

He would probably be more interesting than the new 'show'. 

Great idea for another local park to pick them up.  Definitely Disney's loss.  :(

I saw someone's video of the "soft opening" of the show.  It was boring.  This red neck is saying, "No, thanks."

Can't see this show being something most people would want to see more than once.