Help! First time to FW in Feb 2015

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome.   I agree with contacting a good travel agent (Jason) and working with him for your reservation needs. Jason knows Disney, and more importantly, he knows the Fort.   As for the rest, don't ge

Hi Susan just in case my email didnt make it through or ended up in spam I have written back to you. And Fiends never go away...no matter how much you may want them too. 

You can't be more nuts than us! You'll fit in well. And I LOVE planning. It's part of the fun for me.    There are Fiends at the Fort almost all the time. Many of us have signs, and if you PM Lou, he

I can't get the kids (Ha in their 30's Parents) to commit to anything.  Just need to give them a little time.  I think we could do the big RV but they don't know.  I just need to sit them down and talk it out.  I am sure this problem has never happened with parents that have 3 young kids.  I can't imagine how they do it.  I am exhasted just watching them when we visit.  I have been to WDW 3 times since they opened and with texting we could keep up pretty well I think.

Hmmm.  If y'all have never camped before, and some of the participants are not fully on board, then renting one trailer for everyone may not be the greatest idea.

What is your total adults and kids ?

That's a good question.  How many are going to be sleeping in that trailer?  The floorplan looks nice, but it could fell really crowded, and if there are kids who need naps, or who are different schedules than the rest of the party, that could get stressful.

TCD

Hmmm.  If y'all have never camped before, and some of the participants are not fully on board, then renting one trailer for everyone may not be the greatest idea.

Speaking as someone that once took a trip to FL in a rented MH with my 2 teen siblings, parents and grandparents, where no one besides 2 of us kids were campers (and half of us snored loudly)... I'd definitely say you should consider the cast of characters and the limited amount of space in one camper.   8)

If some folks are ok with using the comfort station, you all plan to be more or less on the same sleep schedule, and you plan to either be out playing in the parks/Fort or hanging out outside a bunch, that can help.

On our trip it rained.  A lot.

Oy.

One tip... bring ear plugs. 

So you're going to split up your group between two different resorts?

That could get very complicated.  I think it would be very difficult to coordinate things, especially if you are not all seasoned visitors to WDW.

TCD

We went with a group in May and were split between the Fort and Port Orleans. Are you guys doing a park hopper or 1 park per day? Are the kids of varying ages? We settled on one park per day and did all our fast pass selections in one linked my disney experience account.  That way, everyone was clear on which park we were doing when and we'd meet up outside that park. We were lucky in that our group was pretty agreeable to doing whatever and the kids liked the same kind of rides so we didn't have to worry about trying to get one kid to Space Mountain and another to Dumbo. Communication was key - - but it worked pretty well.  I second TCD on it being harder if you haven't been to WDW a lot. :panic:

That's a good question.  How many are going to be sleeping in that trailer?  The floorplan looks nice, but it could fell really crowded, and if there are kids who need naps, or who are different schedules than the rest of the party, that could get stressful.

TCD

P.S. Another second for TCD. We camped with a group of 5 (including my in-laws) in the smallest trailer  E.V.E.R. I almost didn't survive.