Help! First time to FW in Feb 2015

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome.   I agree with contacting a good travel agent (Jason) and working with him for your reservation needs. Jason knows Disney, and more importantly, he knows the Fort.   As for the rest, don't ge

Hi Susan just in case my email didnt make it through or ended up in spam I have written back to you. And Fiends never go away...no matter how much you may want them too. 

You can't be more nuts than us! You'll fit in well. And I LOVE planning. It's part of the fun for me.    There are Fiends at the Fort almost all the time. Many of us have signs, and if you PM Lou, he

I hope Rick doesn't see this. Take it to PM.

:flush2:

I will sleep in a tent.

Just sayin...

Me too! 

Since there can be 10 to a site the three of us can go along with Carol.

Good point! Let's do it! 

I do have enough tents to sleep about 8 folks

Excellent! 

What weekend in February is this? 

So glad, this is really fun.  Do you guys go to FW every year and know each other.  I think I would love to get out of the mountains and come south once a year.

We try to make it a fun board while providing a lot of accurate and timely info about the Fort and WDW.

Most Fiends make it to the Fort once a year, but some make it more often. 

A lot of Fiends have met other Fiends. I have met hundreds and many real world friendships have developed.

You guys think I am nuts but I have been on 10 to 15 advice sites because I love to read about places that I am going to before going.  I think I enjoy the reading almost, and I mean almost as much as the actual trip.  I like hearing what people like and don't like about a place and then making up my own mind when I go there.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You guys think I am nuts but I have been on 10 to 15 advice sites because I love to read about places that I am going to before going.  I think I enjoy the reading almost, and I mean almost as much as the actual trip.  I like hearing what people like and don't like about a place and then making up my own mind when I go there.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You can't be more nuts than us! You'll fit in well. And I LOVE planning. It's part of the fun for me. 

There are Fiends at the Fort almost all the time. Many of us have signs, and if you PM Lou, he can bring you a sign to borrow for your stay. Or, you can buy one and get your screen name on it. I didn't know anyone here until I started posting, but now I've met lots of folks and have several I consider friends even though we haven't met in person yet. 

Ask all the questions you want. Most of us like answering them, and you won't find better info about the Fort anywhere. 

Also, read some trip reports. You can learn all kids of stuff that way. 

Hi,

I just got a package code for Disney for Art of Animation.  I doubt it works for much of a savings for a suite but I will check it out this afternoon or have Jason check it for me.  I was thinking the kids could stay there and we get a smaller rv for FW.  Just thinking?!?

So you're going to split up your group between two different resorts?

That could get very complicated.  I think it would be very difficult to coordinate things, especially if you are not all seasoned visitors to WDW.

TCD

I can't get the kids (Ha in their 30's Parents) to commit to anything.  Just need to give them a little time.  I think we could do the big RV but they don't know.  I just need to sit them down and talk it out.  I am sure this problem has never happened with parents that have 3 young kids.  I can't imagine how they do it.  I am exhasted just watching them when we visit.  I have been to WDW 3 times since they opened and with texting we could keep up pretty well I think.

Have you thought of renting a few campers and spreading your group over a few campsites?  It would be more money, but that way everyone would have their own space to retire to, but you could book it so your sites are all near each other.