The great Wienermobile search

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are safe Rebekah, did not have record on. But the quote of the trip is, " I SEE IT! I SEE IT! More like a 6 yr old.

And if everyone misbehaves I will post the pic. Muhahahaha. Will good or evil win ?

I claim first non-relative-of-Beckers Bragging Rights!

If I wanted to, I could close out page one and claim the whistle, but I already have one, so I will leave that honor to a Weiner-whistle-less Fiend.

Congrats Beckers.

TCD

Thanks and welcome!!

So glad you finally got to see it!  Wonder what it looks like inside.

Me too! From what we could see from the windows there wasn't much besides 6 red and yellow seats.

Very cute!  Yes, a couple of those pics are definitely Christmas card material :)

Nothing says 'it's the season like a giant wiener ;)

Love the pictures!!!

TCD, you're up at 4:00 AM?!?!?

Thanks!!

Sorta brings a tear to one's eye, you know?  

I like the display of past Wienermobiles.  It reminds me of that old Julio Iglesias classic.....To all the Wienermobiles I've loved before.....that traveled in and out....well, nevermind.

Um, Dave, you hitting the scotch a little early?

Glad you got your wish. Did you have to use any pixie dust to find it?

No pixie dust, just some stalking of their app to see if it was ever going to be close.

So you finally got to see the Weiner up close and personal. :jumpforjoy:

Yup, there's a picture for that too 

I'm glad your writing this TR because that stops you from closing out page one.

not sure if I'm insulted or honored?!?

Thanks for not closing out page one as I don't have a whistle.

Pm me your address. I think I still have it from the Christmas cards but I'm too lazy too look :)

PS- Beckers, I'm going to be in NJ the week of July 4th.

Yeah!!!!  We must meet up!!!

:rofl:

Hey I haven't had my morning diet coke yet!

Besides, Between you and Brian, Jason and Sil, and Kelly and Jason. Who the heck can keep up.

Just stick with DH and you are safe!

I guess before Brian came along she drove you nuts full time. Now at least she splits between y'all. Lol

Just curios, but does the expression "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" hold true in your family?

ray I couldn't be any more like my parents, I'm a combination of both, it's scary

If she doesnt post it I might. My poor wife still hasnt seen the thing and Beckers got all that stuff in the mail to share. Blackmail's a terrible thing..

Wait, you didn't show her the picture?!? I assumed you would. I hit the post office this morning :)

Glad you finally got the chance to see the Wiener mobile.

Oh and congratulations to Rennie.

Me too! It was fun.

Yup. Food and Wine rope drop on 10 minutes!

TCD

I better finish this TR up before you start yours, I can't wait!

Happy you finally got to see the wienermobile.

Thanks! Now I need some other random thing to search for!

Yeah!!!! We must meet up!!!

Just stick with DH and you are safe!

ray I couldn't be any more like my parents, I'm a combination of both, it's scary

Wait, you didn't show her the picture?!? I assumed you would. I hit the post office this morning :)

I meant the weinermobile. I was at a baptism when your pic can in and almost lost it. She loved the pic

With the wiener visit complete, parking lot lunch had been consumed our next stop was Pennington, NJ. A few weeks ago we were driving to my brother's house and saw 6 painted oxen on the way. We wondered what the deal was so we googled and I found this.

http://www.hvstampede.org/painted-oxen-statues-on-display-throughout-hopewell-and-pennington/

It is a display of 68 different painted fiberglass oxen and they are spread throughout 3 towns. I hoot these are blurry but I screen shot them from the website.

446bc8f4746c2f769ac4142ed5e4b687.jpg

d33d297c029fbf286cbf19db262d8a04.jpg

1592bafac98dccac923a38254a7cdf78.jpg

So after reading about them Adam wanted to come "hunt the cows" it was too far from where we were so we figured we would go hunt for cows.

On the way to "cow hunt" we saw a sign for a scenic overlook and decided to stop. As soon as we got out of the car it had a very, awkward vibe and I'm pretty sure it was a meeting place for a certain type of activity. I'll leave it at that. But my dad managed to snap a pic or two before we got the heck outta there.

a41cc98475671bb0f861bcc3eb92e35c.jpg

On to cow hunting. They each had a QR code that you could scan and it would take you to a page that told you about the oxen and what the story behind the design the picked. Some of the names were plays on on or oxen.

3aaa5d15939492f74b75bb257fbeb1a5.jpg

300f86b26201645675398a29d025b0b1.jpg

616b907d7066e6b9be55a34703218d99.jpg

d20eeca10285e1e35b8497759186f9b5.jpg

I have more pictures of oxen but they are on my mom's camera and haven't been uploaded yet.

One of the oxen was located at Howell Living History Farm. http://howellfarm.org I have heard about it for a while and have always wanted to check it out it had not gotten around to it yet. Since we stopped to see the oxen in the post above, we made it a potty break, etc. I went inside to get some information and found out it was free to visit and they had some animals that we could go visit. We decided since we were there, we would stay and check it out. Oh and all photo credit goes to my dad. Should haven mentioned that earlier

4e7eb2f4f24450f76ac6d38f9e3c5058.jpg

cfd0c1586814dfb0f58b9c3bc7291f39.jpg

b280c8de3879ca018cb07f525b8dc26d.jpg

b6189aa6f5125461d162876c19014357.jpg

a6211be91a21467ddd0c3aa58f81632d.jpg

3528dd2b4d69c00e0e59e2f942b7fd2a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok time for me to take this thread over.

Beckers posted earlier that the weiner mobile was coming to Oklahoma. So I checked the app an it's here! Today. Ive called my guys, and rearranged my schedule but I'm heading out the door to go find it. It's at the Walmart in Midwest City, OK about 45 minutes from me but less than 30 from our new house were my guys are working today. So I'm going to drop off some supples and equipment and get my own weiner whistle. Because Rennie cheated me out of the one Beckers was going to give away. I'll have a full report later. Wish me luck.

Ray I'm so proud lol!!! I need to finish my report because I'm sure you all are waiting lol.

WTF. It's not here and nobody knows anything about it. And I don't have the app on my iPhone. And I can't get the app to download. Can you take a screen shot and text it to me? I'm PMing you my cell number. It's the one scheduled for today in Midwest city OK

I feel like such a wiener.

No wienermobile at Walmart and the manger thought I was crazy. Called the other two walmarts it's scheduled to be at this weekend and they have no idea what I'm taking about either.

Now I know how Beckers felt.

Ahh but did you harass I mean convince 5 adults to load up 7 kids and drive an hour one way for it to be there but not able to get in and see it?