I ran across this recent article full of photos of River Country still looking all abandoned and sad. 

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/09/25/check-out-the-eerie-abandoned-disney-park-that-time-forgot-2298198?lt_source=external,manual

Do the photos look familiar?

Check out this credit at the end...

(All images courtesy of Disboards.com user Tri-circle-D)

The credit is actually not correct.

It should read Former Disboard member TCD banned by WMK. I mean if you are going to credit someone, get your facts straight.

geez

And for some reason, I just can't get it out of my head that there was no courtesy involved, lol

Very interesting reading although I had read most of it before.  We went to River Country several times and the only bad thing I remember about it was that I had a "conversation" with an arrogant life guard that had chastised me for no good reason.  She finally just walked away when I proved to her that she was wrong.  One of the worst CM's I've ever encountered at Disney.

On another note, we were at WDW the week after 9/11 and it was pretty empty at the time.  I remember that quite well because my DW was pushing me in a wheel chair due to me recovering from a serious leg injury.

The credit is actually not correct.

It should read Former Disboard member TCD banned by WMK. I mean if you are going to credit someone, get your facts straight.

geez

And for some reason, I just can't get it out of my head that there was no courtesy involved, lol

Almost right.

I did not get banned. I quit, and in my last post saying so, I told WMK and her sociopath boyfriend. Larry, to kiss my "A-star-star."  That is literally what I said. She took offense for some reason.  I don't know if I was banned.  I logged out after I posted that, and never tried to log in again.  Like I said- I quit.  How can she ban someone who quit?

You are correct that there was no courtesy involved with stealing my photos.  And, it's not the first time it happened.

TCD

Almost right.

I did not get banned. I quit, and in my last post saying so, I told WMK and her sociopath boyfriend. Larry, to kiss my "A-star-star."  That is literally what I said. She took offense for some reason.  I don't know if I was banned.  I logged out after I posted that, and never tried to log in again.  Like I said- I quit.  How can she ban someone who quit?

You are correct that there was no courtesy involved with stealing my photos.  And, it's not the first time it happened.

TCD

If it were me, (and I did this with mine), go to your photobucket account and break the link to those pictures over there by changing the name of the library (put a 1 or something after the folder name). Then nobody over there can see the pics anymore.

If it were me, (and I did this with mine), go to your photobucket account and break the link to those pictures over there by changing the name of the library (put a 1 or something after the folder name). Then nobody over there can see the pics anymore.

Yeah.  I know a lot of y'all did that, but that's not how I roll.  I'm proud of my posts and my photos.  It's their loss that I left, and I'm glad that there's a thread with 700,000+ views there to remind them.

TCD

We all know you were :flush2:

However, the fact that you never logged in again can keep it that you quit and never let her win.  Good for you. 

Yup.  The best she can say is that she locked the door after I left. But, I never came back to try.  I seriously quit, and never once tried to log on again. 

That dumbass Bitchmaster flushed me and it's one of my proudest accomplishments. 

I missed all the fun.  After I quit, not only did I not log on, I never even looked at that site for months after.

Does anyone know if WMK, or the dumbass Bitchmaster, is still there?

Of course she is.  She must have her hands full moderating all the thousands of new members who flooded in when they got rid of all the evil troublemakers.

TCD

... I'm glad that there's a thread with 700,000+ views there to remind them.

Especially when every once in a while someone comes across it and asks what happened to you?  8)

Besides, even if you did break your photo links, they'd never dump a thread with so many views.

Does anyone know if WMK, or the dumbass Bitchmaster, is still there?

Yes.

Nothing gets this group riled up more than mentioning the other place. Everyone take a deep breath, enjoy a Starlight mint and answer Fort questions incorrectly but with kindness and respect.

It's their loss that I left, and I'm glad that there's a thread with 700,000+ views there to remind them.

TCD

Wow, that's a lot of views! I would assume it would be a TR, has the same one been posted here? With that many views it seems like it would be worth reading, but don't want to give them the hits to go read it.

Take all the photos that are over there and add a fort fiends watermark... :rofl2:

This :)

It can, but takes a LOT of work. Basically, you would have to replace every photo with a replacement photo with the exact same code.

Back then I had most of my photos on my own server (before I started using Flickr) and I replaced them all with a FF logo.

They were up there for a while until a mod noticed, then they just banned my server which broke all the links.